Nashua School District

Nashua School District Employer Reviews

Union work
Substitute Teacher & Maintenance (Former Employee), Nashua, NHSeptember 7, 2014
I would work along side with the union workers as summer help. I would come in daily and paint schools. I loved working with all managers as they would help me with anything I needed to help me succeed in completing a school painting job. The hardest part for was the ability to finish a school by the deadline given to me and my co-worker. The fact the we met all deadlines and made sure the appearance of the school looked brand new made me feel great.
Low skill, fairly low stress
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Nashua, NHApril 30, 2014
Pros: day ends early afternoon
Cons: kids can be a handful
Typical day is three to four block classes and require handing out directions, handling discipline issues, and helping the students with their work when necessary. Management is usually on the ball, and there are few co-workers to deal with on a daily basis. Hardest part of the job is handling discipline issues but most of the time the kids just want to get to know the substitute.
Cutting Edge in Education
Principal (Current Employee), Nashua, NHApril 16, 2014
Pros: opportunity to grow and assist others in their growth
Cons: evaluation process for educators
During my tenure in Nashua as a classroom teacher, peer coach and administrator I had many opportunities to grow professionally and help others do so as well.

My training and professional experiences offered me learning opportunities in: leadership, conflict resolutions, hiring/staff relations/firing, child development and management, curriculum design, assessment, technology, counseling, CPI, CPR, communications, community relations, grants, federal funds, budgeting, and most of all celebrated that I am I life long learner.

The hardest part of my job was the realization that somethings that were not right and best for the children were out of my control and I couldn't do anything about it.

The most enjoyable part of my day was watching, and listening to students and staff celebrate learning in some way. Overcoming an obstacle and standing proud and excited that they had finally got it on their terms and in a way that they now had mastered the skill.
Great job to work for with other mothers and working mother hours.
Cashier (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 4, 2014
I find out what we are serving. I prep the food and start grilling the sandwiches. When this is completed, I then become a cashier. When shift has ended, its time to wash the dishes. The co-workers are all mothers, not only we work together, we also help each other with ideas that can help at home raising our children. I really enjoyed this job.
Parent Teacher Liason (Current Employee), Nashua, NHJanuary 29, 2014
Working for the Nashua School District is an amazing place to work. The staff is so helpful and seeing the difference you can make in peoples life is a great feeling.
Thouroughally enjoyed working with the children and supporting our Principal
Senior Administrative Assistant to Principal (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: many wonderful children excited to be at school. great management!
Cons: compensation
A very, positive environment. I was able to feel as though I was making an impact in students lives given that this school was an inner city one with a high poverty rate. Co-workers had the same work ethic as me which made the job a lot easier. I truly loved all aspects of this job however, the compensation was just not enough to get by.
hard to advance
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Nashua, NHAugust 6, 2013
Pros: time goes by fast
Cons: co workers cliquey
much to do in short amount of time, co workers very cliquey, management plays favorites, love working with the kids
very busy and you must be flexible.
Intensive need parapro. (Current Employee), Nashua, NHApril 17, 2012
We have alot of fun. There are 7 women with very different personalities. The atmosphere is enjoyable on a daily basis.
Work day at Nashua School District
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Nashua, NHApril 12, 2012
Pros: working with the students, teaching them new things everyday
Cons: not know where or when you are going to work
Get a call either Sunday night for the work week or the morning of for placement
I work with all different types of students mostly high school students
I teach all subjects
I have been a sub for so long that most students know me at the schools
All co-workers are really helpful to me when I go into the schools

About Nashua School District

Nashua School District is located in Nashua, New Hampshire, halfway between Boston, Massachusetts and Manchester, New Hampshire. – Read more