Nashua School District Employee Reviews in United States

District Administrators habitually scapegoat teachers and publicly praise administrators even when they are aware that administrators are unethical
Music Teacher K-8 (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 16, 2016
Teaching was a very demanding career and only became more so as the years went on. At my last school the principal targeted me and went to great lengths to discredit me and have me terminated. I love the Nashua Teachers Union and believe it saved me from having a total nervous breakdown.
Pros
Students were always a joy to teach, I learned a great deal and became very aware of socioeconomic and behavioral issues in our community
Cons
Favoritism, Board of Education ill-informed by administration, too many new vague initiatives, teachers under pressure regarding test scores, unethical administrative behavior, meetings usually inefficient in time and content, HR changes with inadequate notice, double standards, parent complaints rarely balanced with teacher's perspective.
My favorite job
Substitute Teacher K-8 (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHFebruary 9, 2016
I love the USAF Reserves and all that it entailed. I loved my unit and base and the uniformity that is in the military. I felt honored to serve my country and was blessed to be able to do it until my MVA and then I was medically retired.
Pros
Everything, the work, the travel, the friendships, the commanders, the benefits
Cons
basic training
Paraprofessionals worth their weight in gold!
Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NH 03060October 24, 2015
Having been a classroom assistant, I was responsible for keeping our special needs students to task as well as assisting in the daily functions of the ongoing day. There where several times when the lead teacher would leave the room for coffee or some other errand and leave the students to the assistant. It was very challenging as the students were aware that we had no authority, so it was often a free for all! It took lots of patience.
Pros
Mother's hours
Cons
Not enough support from lead teachers
Thouroughally enjoyed working with the children and supporting our Principal
Senior Administrative Assistant to Principal (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 1, 2014
A very, positive environment. I was able to feel as though I was making an impact in students lives given that this school was an inner city one with a high poverty rate. Co-workers had the same work ethic as me which made the job a lot easier. I truly loved all aspects of this job however, the compensation was just not enough to get by.
Pros
many wonderful children excited to be at school. great management!
Cons
compensation
Fun place to be with lots of kids
Cross Guard (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 6, 2015
fun working with young children. They were best in my life working with because I had 5 of my own. makes your day feel better then being a lone doing nothing after all my years of hard work. Was great helping and listening to the young ones.
Cutting Edge in Education
Principal (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 16, 2014
During my tenure in Nashua as a classroom teacher, peer coach and administrator I had many opportunities to grow professionally and help others do so as well.

My training and professional experiences offered me learning opportunities in: leadership, conflict resolutions, hiring/staff relations/firing, child development and management, curriculum design, assessment, technology, counseling, CPI, CPR, communications, community relations, grants, federal funds, budgeting, and most of all celebrated that I am I life long learner.

The hardest part of my job was the realization that somethings that were not right and best for the children were out of my control and I couldn't do anything about it.

The most enjoyable part of my day was watching, and listening to students and staff celebrate learning in some way. Overcoming an obstacle and standing proud and excited that they had finally got it on their terms and in a way that they now had mastered the skill.
Pros
opportunity to grow and assist others in their growth
Cons
evaluation process for educators
Low skill, fairly low stress
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 30, 2014
Typical day is three to four block classes and require handing out directions, handling discipline issues, and helping the students with their work when necessary. Management is usually on the ball, and there are few co-workers to deal with on a daily basis. Hardest part of the job is handling discipline issues but most of the time the kids just want to get to know the substitute.
Pros
day ends early afternoon
Cons
kids can be a handful
hard to advance
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 6, 2013
much to do in short amount of time, co workers very cliquey, management plays favorites, love working with the kids
Pros
time goes by fast
Cons
co workers cliquey
Union work
Substitute Teacher & Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 7, 2014
I would work along side with the union workers as summer help. I would come in daily and paint schools. I loved working with all managers as they would help me with anything I needed to help me succeed in completing a school painting job. The hardest part for was the ability to finish a school by the deadline given to me and my co-worker. The fact the we met all deadlines and made sure the appearance of the school looked brand new made me feel great.
Was a very politcal
HVAC Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 25, 2015
I enjoyed working with the people and dealing with the public. There were 22 schools I had to take off, so it was always challenging and very satisfying knowing I was making a safe place for the teachers and students.
Work day at Nashua School District
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 12, 2012
Get a call either Sunday night for the work week or the morning of for placement
I work with all different types of students mostly high school students
I teach all subjects
I have been a sub for so long that most students know me at the schools
All co-workers are really helpful to me when I go into the schools
Pros
working with the students, teaching them new things everyday
Cons
not know where or when you are going to work
Great job to work for with other mothers and working mother hours.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 4, 2014
I find out what we are serving. I prep the food and start grilling the sandwiches. When this is completed, I then become a cashier. When shift has ended, its time to wash the dishes. The co-workers are all mothers, not only we work together, we also help each other with ideas that can help at home raising our children. I really enjoyed this job.
Parent Teacher Liason (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 29, 2014
Working for the Nashua School District is an amazing place to work. The staff is so helpful and seeing the difference you can make in peoples life is a great feeling.
very busy and you must be flexible.
Intensive need parapro. (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 17, 2012
We have alot of fun. There are 7 women with very different personalities. The atmosphere is enjoyable on a daily basis.

4.2