Nashville General Hospital at Meharry

Nashville General Hospital at Meharry Employee Reviews

Wanting to work closer to home, and expand my nursing experience
Joint Commission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 8, 2018
NGH is likely to close due to a lack of funding by the city, the Mayor wanting to close the hospital and HCA stepping in to take over.
I enjoyed working with my co workers in the Ed and in Quality and learned a lot.
Pros
Friendly staff, compensated well
Cons
Far from home
Poor Pay Without Any Security
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 26, 2017
At Meharry there are two constant topic of conversation, complaints about how little you make working there and speculation on whether its going to get shut down. A good way to get your foot in the door for some experience but that's it.
The ICU provided me with knowledge
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 21, 2017
The ICU at NGH provided me with a forum to learn how to perform in an acute care setting. This unit embraced me and taught me all that I know about vents, IV med titration, conscious sedation.
Loving
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 26, 2017
The job is a good place to work I did varies job I was a floater which means I worked in different areas in the hospital for instance Internal Medicine, Oncology, Cardiology, and Hematology which I actually learned some things I didn't know. Which was pretty cool, but I say the job is stressful because it's hard working in a cancer center where you know that there is NO CURE for the patients.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
the receptionist in the oncolgy clinic needs a better attitude
Productive and fun place to work
Unit and Charge Nurse, Postpartum (Current Employee) –  TNJune 9, 2017
Fun place to work. Co-workers are like family. Patient- provider relations is awesome due to the fact of excellent care provided by nurses and other HealthCare providers
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare and insurances issues
great place to work
Cath Lab Technologist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 7, 2017
The people at General are very caring and genuinely nice. Its really a great place to work and learn. I enjoyed my time in the cath lab and would recommend a friend to work there.
Pros
employees are nice
Cons
language barriers
No bad, but need improved
Echo tech (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 1, 2017
The employers are nice and help with other . The working place need improved: more space and quieter. The management is not effective and successful ,hope improved in future
Greaat place to start
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 12, 2017
It looks great when you apply for another job. Its a great place to start but not a great place to stay overworked,underpaid,underappreciated to say the least.
Very unorganized. Unprofessional
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  ClinicsJune 15, 2016
Management curses at employees and makes threatening remarks regarding job security. If you ask questions it is considered as a complaint. Managers don't know how to do her job so will put work off on anybody who will do it and take your credit. Office manager thinks she is in high authority of the Registered Nurses. Doctors have temper tantrums ,very unprofessional work environment. Nobody cares what is going on wrong.
Pros
Benefits, competitive pay
Cons
No organization, poor management, no systems in place to make work more efficient.
Never enough staff
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 30, 2016
This hospital utilizes staffing agencies yet it seems as if there are never enough staff to meet the needs of the patients.
Unorganized and constantly changing policies
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 6, 2016
I worked here for a grand total of 5 months. Upon being hired, I was not properly trained to be able to do my job in the pharmacy because A. Nobody seems to have time to properly train B. When training does occur, each person involved has a different way of doing things so the process becomes confusing as to what is right and what is wrong. Also, be prepared to be written up if you make any mistakes at all by the lead pharmacy tech. I was constantly on the defensive after a while because it seemed like every move I made would be wrong or not in the manner of how whomever was in charge that day wanted the task completed. Eventually, the hospital somehow came to the conclusion that "I was not a good fit" and they didn't really need a legit reason to fire me because it was during the probationary period. One person even accused me of forgery but would not give me a chance to see what I supposedly forged and the person in HR didn't even seem to know what I was written up for anyway. Ultimately, if you decide to work for this organization, at least in the pharmacy, you better be very careful in your actions because you will not last long if you don't learn and adapt to each pharmacists way of doing things, along with a lead tech that feels like she is basically God and even wrote up a pharmacist for not doing her job. I don't see how that could happen because a tech has little to know knowledge of how to do a pharmacist's job to begin with.
Pros
Can help patients achieve good health
Cons
Bad management
productive is high
Central Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2015
Long hour, but you can learn a lot
I feel that the managers there should be review more when it comes to the employees. For the most part of it I love working with my co-workers.The hardest part of my job is the long hours , but I enjoy meeting the different kinds of people.
past
worker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 9, 2015
Departmental issues were minimal, however significant issues with upper level management. Most often with developing unrealistic policies and drastic changes from individuals who have not worked performed the actual job description in years or ever.
Pros
higher pay
Cons
management, unstable
enjoyable workplace
Critical Care Nurse, MICU, Emergency (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 25, 2015
Assisted with patient care needs in returning to daily activities of daily living. Worked MICU unit and also case manager
RN- ER (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 20, 2015
Night shift is very good team of nurses . The paramedics need direction and constant supervision to complete tasks delegated to them.
organized
RN CC (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 22, 2015
Very organized organization. Makes doing your job easier. Supplies and equipment readily available. Lift team. Good benefits. Can't say enough about the organization of WTH. Of all the places that I have worked, they have got that part of it down.
Great advancement
Medical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 16, 2014
Great advancement. All willing to help when needed with an understanding.
Workplace which specializes in caring for the needs of others.
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville,Tn.April 4, 2014
This position is fast paced and filled with a never ending stream of accounts and duties to perform as it pertains to the accounts. I review the explanation of benefits and make calls to insurance companies, dispute claims, update information, and interact personally with patients, or former patients when necessary. The thing I most enjoy about the
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Receives funding from the city so the security of the facility is always in jeopardy.
great place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 15, 2014
very diverse enviroment. The staff is great to work with. Teamwork is performed by most of the staff. The opportunity to learn in new areas is encouraged.
Lacking in job security
Facility/EVS Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 21, 2013
Major changes currently happening at Nashville General Hospital. Staff cuts as well as a possiblity of outsourcing many departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nashville General Hospital at Meharry. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9