Nashville Zoo

Nashville Zoo Employee Reviews

Fun place to work.
Seasonal Retail Cashier/ Sales Associate- Greeted (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: meeting all kinds of people
Greet customers, answer questions and tell guests about upcoming events and promotions. Help clean up when the gift shop closes. Help with inventory., restock the shelves. Learned to be patient when it comes to having the gift shop in top shape during a typical day when the gift shop is opened. Everyone there was enjoyable to work with. Everyone was a teamplayer especially when you need help in answering a question that a guest might have when I don't know or not sure on how to answer the guest's question. The hardest part is when the season ended. The best part of the job was when I get to meet and help various people at the zoo every day.
Great Place to work with dedicated people working together to help animals and improve the environment.
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 19, 2014
Pros: being a part of a business that cares about animals and nature.
Cons: not being able to work full-time in the winter.
The Nashville Zoo is a great place to work and the people i work with are dedicated to the animals welfare and also the environment around them. The many programs that are offered to the community are inspired by that dedication to enrich the world with education and knowledge of our natural world around us.
Time to grow up
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 30, 2013
Cons: management, lunch cost
I love the job for what I get to do, however I do not like the maturity level of my coworkers or of management.
Wonderful Place to Intern
Intern (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 1, 2013
My first few days as an intern have been more than enjoyable. Although the job can be hard, it is rewarding.
Productive and fun work atmosphere
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 3, 2013
We have daily briefings before employees are sent to their locations. After a couple hours, I start sending additional help to locations and ensure everyone gets a lunch break. After lunches are completed, we rotate personnel again and ensure all employees take an afternoon break. I have learned management skills as well as better customer service. The most challenging part is time management when short-staffed. The most enjoyable part is when everything goes smoothly in the very busy spring and fall of the year.
Weekend Job
Service System Associate Cashier (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 30, 2012
Cashier and food prep. I would work independently and with a team depending on location assigned for the week.
It was a great place to learn.
Internship (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 14, 2011
Pros: animals
Cons: no pay
It was an amazing job. I loved all the people and animals. I got to teach people about the animals of the world. I meet hundreds of new faces and learned to speak in front of large crowds.

Nashville Zoo Salaries