Nassau Community College Employee Reviews

So glad I had this opportunity
Editor (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 13, 2017
While I was a student I joined the school paper as per a friend's suggesting. I had the opportunity to meet new people and learn new things about what goes on at NCC and the world around me. I was given a chance to be an editor due to my hard work and dedication. I'm so glad to have had this opportunity.
English Dept
Administrative Asst. English Dept (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 14, 2017
As administrative assistant is was imperative to ensure that all paper work was properly processed to allow new and returning professors/students prompt access to there class and material.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low wage
dirty politics
Full Time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NY 11530January 30, 2017
no job security! They have about 10 million $ deficit. Bad management from top to bottom. They just got a new president to fix the accreditation. I hope he'll do a good job.
Great position
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Nassau, NYJanuary 25, 2017
My job is fun and easy. I tutor students with their issues and help them understand any topics that are hazy. The only complaint that I have about this job is the limited hours.
Pros
Great management, Get to meet new people everyday
Cons
Short hours
it was awesome
Receptionist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 8, 2017
I worked there because I was going to school there at the time and it was very convenient. management was superb the accommodated the schedule base on my school needs. overall great experience.
Great Place to work
Technical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 24, 2016
Great Place to work and have an education. Great people to work with and very helpful. Mind is kept fresh in the know, meaning there is lots to learn just like the hospitals or any job. So much to do soo little time. I love always the many different things a person can do.
productive and fun place to work
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 13, 2016
While some individuals try to get by doing as little work as possible, others possess a dedication that leads them to give it their all every day. People who possess a strong work ethic embody certain principles that guide their work behavior, leading them to produce high-quality work consistently and without the prodding that some individuals require to stay on track. Those with a good work ethic are dedicated to their jobs and will do anything they can to ensure that they perform well. Often this dedication leads them to change jobs less frequently, as they become committed to the positions in which they work and are not eager to abandon these posts. They also often put in extra hours beyond what is expected, making it easy for their employers to see that they are workers who go beyond the rest of the workforce and truly dedicate themselves to their positions.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long breaks, paid vacation, healthcare covered
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 28, 2016
working in this company provided a diverse enviroment. I received an opportunity to meet new people daily and interact with many different skillful people .
to make a great standing
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYOctober 11, 2016
to make a great standing we must make a proper show and try to make a proper love for the building we are working in at this time.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
productive workplace quiet enviorment
Assist the office (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NY 11530August 22, 2016
I really loved working for my school, it was very convenient. The hours were perfect for my class schedule and it was very easy.
Great experience
LINEBACKER COACH (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 21, 2016
Working there I gained a tremendous amount of respect for coaches / professors. It was a great experience for me and helped me grow in all aspects.
Good Job
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 20, 2016
Working in the Physical Science department was a great opportunity for a student who needed to earn money while obtaining a degree.
Productive, Fun, Academic
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 31, 2016
Working as a student aid for the Physical Sciences department at NCC was a fun experience. Though the work was dull at times, I learned a lot by being there. Especially being surrounded by intelligent and experienced professors. There were never any dull conversations (when compared to other places I've worked) and management was incredibly kind and understanding. It's a place I'd love to go back and visit the people for.
Productive Fun Work place
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 10, 2016
typical day at work would be me oping up the caf serving the students i works long hours which was great and i was with my peers
Productive workplace with opportunities to explore workshops to further enhance my skills.
Administrative Assistant to Comptroller (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 12, 2015
A typical day at work would be working with Microsoft Word (for office letters, office management, etc.), Excel (spreadsheets/reports, money management, mileage claims, etc.), Quickbooks (money management, invoicing, monthly reports, customer tracking, etc.). Assisted account payable department with campus wide mileage claims processing. Performed all secretarial duties regularly; phones, meeting, filing, mail correspondence, etc. Worked directly with College Accounting supervisor working on financial reports, billing campus vendors, etc. Worked with Comptroller's daily with incoming checks, reports, bank statements, drafting spreadsheets, data entry, etc.

I kept current with new office operations by attending workshops to upgrade our systems. Because I was part of CSEA union, I was offered many opportunities to improve my retirement, investments, as well as ways to improve office management.

The most enjoyable part of the this job was being able to work independently and not having someone constantly looking over my shoulder. Also with only one boss was not so stressful.

Since I worked on a campus, the most enjoyable part of the job, was being able to attend the various programs going on around campus; speaker presentations, festivals, fund raiser events, etc.
Pros
Free lunches, presentations, festivals, workshops, events, etc.
Cons
Campus Food Court not so good, limited interaction of co-workers
Administrative Assistant
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 11, 2015
I register students and answer phones, mostly giving directions and information about the courses offered.

Hardest part is figuring out how to use the software.

Mangers and co workers are very nice.

I enjoy the free classes that they offer to employees.
Pros
free courses and lectures
Cons
late hours
Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 22, 2015
''Nassau Community College'' Provides the best services. I have been more than satisfied working for them. The management there is great and very professional. Working with them was great pleasure and a learning experience for me.
Fun short-term job
Orientation Leader/Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 2, 2015
I loved working at Nassau. Met a lot of new people and had a lot of fun showing the new students around. Great people to work for.
productive place to work
Media Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 9, 2015
very easy job. you had hand out movies, microfilm, and books to students and file thmen away. good for when you have a long break in between classes.
Pros
quiet, peaceful
Cons
Only good for school semsters
Learn While You Earn
Receptionist, Africana Studies Department (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 13, 2015
Not only is Nassau Community College a great school, but it's also an amazing place to learn new things while you work. Working in the Africana Studies Department, I not only learned about the job, but also about myself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nassau Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3