Nassau Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Productive workplace with opportunities to explore workshops to further enhance my skills.
Administrative Assistant to Comptroller (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 12, 2015
A typical day at work would be working with Microsoft Word (for office letters, office management, etc.), Excel (spreadsheets/reports, money management, mileage claims, etc.), Quickbooks (money management, invoicing, monthly reports, customer tracking, etc.). Assisted account payable department with campus wide mileage claims processing. Performed all secretarial duties regularly; phones, meeting, filing, mail correspondence, etc. Worked directly with College Accounting supervisor working on financial reports, billing campus vendors, etc. Worked with Comptroller's daily with incoming checks, reports, bank statements, drafting spreadsheets, data entry, etc.

I kept current with new office operations by attending workshops to upgrade our systems. Because I was part of CSEA union, I was offered many opportunities to improve my retirement, investments, as well as ways to improve office management.

The most enjoyable part of the this job was being able to work independently and not having someone constantly looking over my shoulder. Also with only one boss was not so stressful.

Since I worked on a campus, the most enjoyable part of the job, was being able to attend the various programs going on around campus; speaker presentations, festivals, fund raiser events, etc.
Pros
Free lunches, presentations, festivals, workshops, events, etc.
Cons
Campus Food Court not so good, limited interaction of co-workers
Productive, Fun, Academic
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 31, 2016
Working as a student aid for the Physical Sciences department at NCC was a fun experience. Though the work was dull at times, I learned a lot by being there. Especially being surrounded by intelligent and experienced professors. There were never any dull conversations (when compared to other places I've worked) and management was incredibly kind and understanding. It's a place I'd love to go back and visit the people for.
Productive Fun Work place
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 10, 2016
typical day at work would be me oping up the caf serving the students i works long hours which was great and i was with my peers
Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 22, 2015
''Nassau Community College'' Provides the best services. I have been more than satisfied working for them. The management there is great and very professional. Working with them was great pleasure and a learning experience for me.
Good Job
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 20, 2016
Working in the Physical Science department was a great opportunity for a student who needed to earn money while obtaining a degree.
Administrative Assistant
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 11, 2015
I register students and answer phones, mostly giving directions and information about the courses offered.

Hardest part is figuring out how to use the software.

Mangers and co workers are very nice.

I enjoy the free classes that they offer to employees.
Pros
free courses and lectures
Cons
late hours
Fun short-term job
Orientation Leader/Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 2, 2015
I loved working at Nassau. Met a lot of new people and had a lot of fun showing the new students around. Great people to work for.
productive place to work
Media Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 9, 2015
very easy job. you had hand out movies, microfilm, and books to students and file thmen away. good for when you have a long break in between classes.
Pros
quiet, peaceful
Cons
Only good for school semsters
productive
Student Aide- admissions department (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 22, 2015
At work I was able to be with helpful co-workers. I gained experience and learned about office equipment. A typical day at work was always enjoyable.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
salary was not high enough
Learn While You Earn
Receptionist, Africana Studies Department (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 13, 2015
Not only is Nassau Community College a great school, but it's also an amazing place to learn new things while you work. Working in the Africana Studies Department, I not only learned about the job, but also about myself.
I love my job here in the Music Office at NCC!!
Clerk Typist I - Music Office (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 13, 2015
I love my job here in the Music Office at NCC. My co-workers are all so wonderful and extremely friendly. I love the fact that I get to see all of the students on a daily basis. It makes my day more enjoyable. I would have to say that the hardest part of my job is working during the busy times of the year. It becomes a bit more stressful then.
Pros
Fridays off in the summer!!
Cons
I cannot think of anything bad about my job at all.
it was alright
athletic aide (Former Employee) –  garden cityJuly 7, 2015
Nothing to complain about was a nice work envirement not hostile. Most days were slow, my supervisor treated me fairly and let us get our work done in peace. The day went pretty fast after lunch, wasn't that hard of a job to do mostly custodian things.
Assistant to the Director of Intramural Sports
Assistant to the Director of Intramural Sports (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 9, 2012
A typical day at work would depend on what was going on at the college at the time. I loved the management and the co-workers and they were very fun to work with. I enjoyed helping set up activities for the students of the college. I also helped create the promotional materials for the activities.
A great place to work
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 17, 2015
This was a temporary job. I will work for them again if i had to. Co-, workers were very helpful when i needed help in some area. The hardest part of the job was when I could not find a class for a student. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to help the students to get the classes they needed.
Pros
I had the opportunity to set up my own schedule.
Cons
It was a short seasonal position.
Though work was hard at some times I was able to have fun. I also was able to get my work done.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 14, 2012
Depending what my class schedule was it was easy to start the day I begin by greting the staff and seeing needed mail to be process and communicate with unit heads on what needed be filed. If counselors were going out their packets complete. I learn that every one must as team it things going to work smoothly. I always had great relationship with management. I understood what needed to done and carried it out. It was easy to get along with my co-workers.The hardest thiing about the job was when I graduated. I ejoyed helping the staff and students when they needed help.
Pros
i loved the flexible hourso fit around class schudle
Cons
i would love have health healthcare
Fun and insightful on college life.
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 16, 2012
A typical day either consisted of providing informative campus tours to new or prospective students, and working at a designated information desk.

I learned about the history of the campus, and how it is one of the most diverse schools in the U.S.

Management is understanding and fair.

Co-workers were easy to get along with, and made the job fun.

The hardest part was speaking in front of a classroom full of new students the first time, but it became easier as I went further.

The most enjoyable part was meeting new people, outings with the co-workers, and attending events.
Pros
academic advisement, schedule flexibility
Cons
seasonal job.
Adjunct Instructor - Economics Department (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 28, 2015
The staff was very supportive and welcoming, They were very helpful to me as a new professor and were very patient. the students were great to work with.
Educational and fulfilling
Allied Health Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 16, 2015
Upon entering I check in with the attending teacher's assistant and catch up to any new and or specific details I may need to know about.
I learn to deal with students and their needs.
I manage all the new student aids in the office
The hardest part of the job is telling the students they cannot continue to study past the open lab hours and sending them away.
The best part is the joy of assisting the students in achieve their goals.
Relaxed educational environment
P/T Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 26, 2013
Support more than 500 Macintosh users, as well as manage Macintosh OS X Server and disk images.
Pros
compensation is high, job is easy.
Cons
office politics, no challenge.
A fun fast passed enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 21, 2013
Clock in and go straight to the register. Worked on register for a couple hours and also stocked drinks and food on shelves. I learned how to work with customers and create a fun positive environment. Management was fine could of been a little bit better. My co- workers often mad mistakes and i had to fix it. Hardest part of the job was transporting food from one wing of the campus to the other. The best part of the job was meeting new faces and having interesting co workers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
transporting food all over

4.3