Nassau Community College Employee Reviews

relaxed and enjoyable place to work.
Exam Proctor (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 17, 2018
proctoring for the NYSTCE was an enjoyable time and would have worked more often if it were possible. the job site was local and the staff was accommodating during any times of distress for the students.
Needs more hours and more consistency
Student Tutor (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJanuary 4, 2018
Not enough hours. I love the job but it comes with no benefits, you get 19.5 hours max, random forced weeks off with no pay. It was hard to have that job but it paid well.
Student Aide
Student Aide (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 2, 2018
I assist students and Professor with scheduling, questions, and running errands. I check on supply and paper for the convenience of the department. Hours are based on your schedule and job is very flexible.
Professional and Caring
Adjunct Professor, P/T (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 25, 2017
The culture and administration has undergone a transition over the past few years. NCC was without a leader(president) for a number of years. Now that there is a ship Captain, the culture is change to be less protective and much more professional and caring. The college is coming into its own. And I am glad to be a part of it.
Great place to start your educational carer
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 12, 2017
Faculty are willing to mentor and guide you through your first few years there. Not too many other institutions offer the mentoring that Nassau does.
Productive and entertaining
Part Time Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 3, 2017
Being part of a family at Nassau Community College radio station for 20 years.
The rewarding aspect of the workplace is to train students in broadcasting and knowing the personal output you contribute at the workplace has a positive contribution to the on-air sound of the station.
Pros
Creative and artistic freedom
Cons
Wish this was a full time position.
Work
Environmental Services Aide (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Learned all janitorial skills such as mopping sweeping dusting waxing stripping floors mixing cleaning products according to OSHA guidelines. A typical day at work consist of dealing with students, professors, coworkers while completing work. Very busy and active, constant moving and being on your feet
Very productive, fast past work enviroment
Game Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Student union buildingSeptember 13, 2017
Very productive, fast past work environment , working with other students you learn to have a lot of patience, I answer phones for the office, and check students in and out of the building.
Very good place to work
Intern (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Very friendly environment. Some of the best teachers in the world work there. I personally worked in the Athletic Department and they have done everything for me.
Very fun
Library Aide (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 10, 2017
I learned how to move fast in a busy job environment. I also learned that ciming in late is bad for the employee and the customers. I had a wonderful self esteem and confidence booster becuase of this job. And u leave every day with a genuine smile
Stressful
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 8, 2017
Unorganized , unprofessional, most enjoyable part was the workers, ive learned how to use many kitchen equipment. A typical day at work is quick-paced.
Fun place to work at Great people
Group Exercise Instructor (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 3, 2017
I enjoyed the people that were in my classes and the always came back to take new classes. They asked for classes throughout the yea rinstead of having long breaks during the summer. Most enjoyable part of my job was looking for new challenging exercises for the participants to do and seeing how eager they were to learn the new exercises. They would usually start off by saying "I can't do it. You're killing me" But, then they did it!
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
wishpay was higher
Great 3-hour class.
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 27, 2017
Love teaching and interacting with the students. People in the department are awesome! Safety on campus because Public Safety patrols. Especially important because I leave at night in darkness.
Pros
Self satisfaction and rewards of teaching students no skills.
Cons
Winter weather - snow. Cancelled class shortens semester
Challenging and fun place to work!
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 7, 2017
While working at the Computer Lab in Nassau Community College, I was tasked with being a Technical Assistant, meaning I was responsible for helping students complete their assignments if they needed help. In various classes such as Comp Sc 1 & 2, Data Structures, C Programming Language, Excel, Visual Basic, Computer Architecture, Assembly Language, and Mobile App Development.

It was a difficult, yet rewarding experience that kept me busy and challenged with different problems on a daily basis.
Great place...looking for full time though.
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 6, 2017
I have been working at Nassau Community College teaching and advising students for 17 years. I really enjoy working with college students and offering my insight of the world through the courses I teach especially since most students are transitioning from high school and need to learn what is expected of them as college students. Another responsibility I have as assistant professor and love doing, is advising and registering my students for future semesters.

Since I am an adjunct faculty member I have a lot of flexibility in terms of my schedule. I also interact with various academic departments and faculty members on a regular basis.

What I find challenging about my job is that students sometimes stop attending class never to return.
Pros
Love teaching and advising students.
Cons
no benefits since I am adjunct
awesome!
Aide - Student Lounge (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 22, 2017
great college awesome environment friendly staff. perfect place to gain work experience. great support system and alot of opportunities. overall amazing college.
Nursing Student at NCC
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  NCCMay 16, 2017
I attended clinical at 6 different hospitals. I was proven to be able to care for up to 4 patients during my last rotation. I was able to take complete care of my patient and provide medicine to my patients.
very productive
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 3, 2017
I have not been at NCC in 10 years so what Iam writing is not current.I had a very good experience at that institution.I was chosen out of 3 a full time adjunct professor with benefits and paid during time off .I left at the time due to a personal family issue and then decided a change which lead me to adelphi.Nassau Community recognized the amount of work and encouraged faculty by use positive reinforcement.
Organized, helpful, cost effective college
Student (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 4, 2017
i loved attending NCC. it was a cost effective, welcoming, local, and professional environment. the teachers are knowledgeable and approachable, and want their students to succeed.
So glad I had this opportunity
Editor (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 13, 2017
While I was a student I joined the school paper as per a friend's suggesting. I had the opportunity to meet new people and learn new things about what goes on at NCC and the world around me. I was given a chance to be an editor due to my hard work and dedication. I'm so glad to have had this opportunity.