Nassau University Medical Center Employee Reviews

had a horrible experience here
bilingual Admissions officer I (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYNovember 21, 2016
They have no respect for employees during your probation period. Its unhealthy having a ghost supervisor harassing you. Always thought I wanted a county job, its not worth the torment. They want you to come in half an hour early with no pay. They like to speak in person so there is no paper trail.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
no respect, no overtime people can do anything to you while you on probation nobody will care.
No Communication
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Nassau County, NYNovember 16, 2016
Working here is like working at the local burger king. You go in and do your shift and then go home.The patient care level here is scary. I have seen some families asking for the doctor but they never meet them.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Conditions
Very uncomfortable atmosphere
Medical Records Coder I (Former Employee) –  Not the Coding Dept.March 2, 2016
I was hired to do medical coding and was immediately put under pressure to change existing code entries by the county executives political patronage appointees. I could not break the law so I was fired.
Pros
Convenient commute
Cons
Rigged salaries to benefit political insiders
Organized and productive workplace
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYMarch 8, 2016
An average day at the office consisted of entering data and satisfying vendor accounts. Co-workers and management always eager to learn and educate staff on new training.
Rewarding experiences
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYNovember 5, 2015
With the various job I've had I realized they were all connected.
Meaning I had to deal with all kinds of people, This may have been my employer a person in need or a family member. I realized no matter what my tittle was It was still all customer service. With great customer service and a ambitious attitude you can go very far. I've enjoyed my different work experiences because I loved what I do and working with people. Coming to work positive and knowing that today I may make a difference in someone else life no matter how small is rewarding to me.At times work can become a bit stressful and over whelming but again I keep a positive attitude.
Best place to work!!
Intern-Osteopathic Medical Education (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYDecember 20, 2015
The people who work there are so nice. You can tell everyone loves their job! I LOVED this job! I only did my internship there, but if I ever get the chance to work there again, I would drop everything to go back!!!
Pros
Everything!
loved my job in new york it was a second faimly
Occupational Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYAugust 24, 2015
worked with people from ages 18-101 enjoyed working with doctors, patients, occupational and physical therapist.my co-workers became my family. I always know how to make the best out of any situation.
Pros
enjoyed my job so much it didnt feel like i was at work.
Cons
people had strokes and i felt bad
Amazing Work Experience
Grant Consultant (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYJuly 23, 2015
Amazing team overall. A lot of work. Different people were part of the organization but overall it was an amazing experience. Learned a lot from the experience. Looking forward to creating more powerpoint for healthcare and healthcare professionals in the future.
Pros
Great feeling of accomplishment
Cons
Different personalities
very intamate setting and very friendly
Administration Assistant / Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYSeptember 19, 2015
I enjoyed working in a hospital setting. I got along with every one and I learned a lot from my co workers. I got to meet with doctors and nurses and work one on one with them which broadened my knowledge.
Informative Working Environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYSeptember 25, 2015
Was able to experience various different departments of the hospital and learn more about the staff in each location. Gained a better appreciation of hospitals as a whole and valuable experience with staff as well as patients
Complicated
Records management (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYNovember 5, 2015
I did my college internship here. The staff here were not all friendly and it was a very busy atmosphere, everyone was always stressed.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Stressful enviorment
productive and fun
Traditional Rotating Intern Physician (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYAugust 23, 2015
enjoyable workplace, excellent opportunity. I had a very pleasant experience. I worked with doctors and assisted with patients. I utilized my medical knowledge as well as administrative skills.
Clinician- sub-acute patient rehabilitation unit (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYOctober 21, 2014
• Clinician, acute patient rehabilitation unit
• Administer evaluations, develop treatment plans and conduct therapy for patients with dysphagia, dysarthria, apraxia, aphasia, cognitive disorders and traumatic brain injury
• Comprehensive knowledge of Modified Barium Swallow Studies (MBSS) and perform bedside swallow evaluations
• Recommend appropriate diets with multidisciplinary approach to assure compliance for appropriate diet, textures and consistencies
• Counsel patients and families on plan of care
• Participate in weekly team meetings to develop individualized treatment approach
• Provide coverage to the inpatient acute care units to administer dysphagia evaluations
I am working here in NUMC for almost three years and have learned alot about coordinating research.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2014
Working as a research assistant my typicasl day at work I usually recruit patients for my research project, take their consents, give them questionare to fill out and follow them up for subsequent visits. I have very good relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part would be follow the psychiatric patients because they don"t maintain their schedule.
Excellent teaching environment
Ultrasound Technician Intern - High Risk OB PDU (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYDecember 28, 2012
Interning at NUMC was an extremely valuable experience for me. It was always busy and because it is a high risk ob/gyn unit there was always something atypical happening. Because of the various pathology I saw and the high risk pregnancies, I learned a tremendous amount.

It was always very busy and that allowed me to scan a great deal. The doctors were always very helpful and willing to answer my questions at all times.
Great hospital to work for.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYJanuary 22, 2013
My typical day at work begins with my supervisor telling me to finish any work left over from the previous week. Next I start scanning. Then I file. I learned what it takes to be a doctor in a hospital. They have to get certified every two years. Management and my co-workers are excellent. They allow me to work on my own. They direct me if I need help. The hardest part is doing repetitive work. Each week, one has to stay positive doing the same things over and over. The most enjoyable part is simply getting out of the house and working.
Pros
i made some great contacts.
Cons
i don't get paid.
Elite Management, some are just nasty
Nurse (Former Employee) –  NCMC East MeadowFebruary 21, 2013
Worked there for several years. They move incompetent and nasty people and managers to different areas frequently when they treat others poorly and just don't do their job. Many bullies in the workplace. They can't be fired cause they are all unionized, including upper management. This perpetuates an uncaring and lazy culture. There are some really good and caring people, but the rest of the people (especially management), make it hard for those who really care about doing their best.

They keep changing their name but that does not change the culture.
Pros
unionized, job security after 6 months
Cons
unionized, can't get rid of dead wood, or nasty managers
Overall it was an excellent educational job.
INTAKE COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYSeptember 7, 2013
Enjoyed helping others for a living. The milti team approach to the betterment of the patients was interesting and educational. There were Psychiatrist, psychologist, medical doctors, social workers, nursing and PCAs which contributed to the multi disciplinary approach to treatment, so it was great learning all the aspects of all the disciplines.My coworkers were mostly personable and team players. The hardest part of the job was occasionally the limitations with a referral for continued treatment. The best part was a patients sucess.
Pros
Civil Service with all the perks. Such as pension, medical, sick, personal and vacation days as well as the opportunity for advancement.
Cons
At one point of my 11yrs on that job there was a lack of professional supervision.
Fast paced
Patient Care Assist (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYMay 28, 2013
Nassau University Medical Center East Meadow, NY 2008- 2009
Patient Care Assist
• Escorted patients to exam room.
• Completed Medication history.
• Prepared exam rooms and instruments for examination and testing.
• Sterilized instruments.
• Ensured that lab reports , x-ray and all chart information was ready for patient visit
• Performed related work as requested.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
....
Security
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYJanuary 2, 2015
I learned to be more observant to people, places, work areas I also enjoy helping people even if its just escorting employee's to there car on late nights, I also enjoyed being the shift supervisor where I supervised five public safety officers.
Pros
Great work enviroment/ being a supervisor.
Cons
Long wait for Promotion.

Nassau University Medical Center Reviews by Location