Nassau University Medical Center Employee Reviews

It was a well paced and organized job
Dedicated Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYSeptember 15, 2017
I really enjoyed volunteering at NUMC. The staff there are friendly and very helpful. It is a very satisfying job being able to help patients as well as the workers.
productive and fun place to work
Orthopedic Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYSeptember 11, 2017
great learning environment
excellent benefits program
teaching hospital with residents was a bonus
dealt with all population basis
worked autonomously
Pros
worked autonomously
Cons
pay
ADMISSION OFFICER II/MANAGER (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYAugust 28, 2017
The environment is competitive and quick-paced. Good place to hone your craft while assisting others in the healthcare marketplace. Advanced is slow but recognition is delivered when successful at your task.
A well structured environment where you learn new things each day.
Certified Nurse's Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYAugust 21, 2017
Friendly, clean environment to work in. Our Nursing crew are great team players making the work lighter.Calming an agitated patient is my specialty. Working with people from different racial background, both staff and patients, help me to learn and grow.
Pros
Knowledgeability of your Job
Cons
Having the correct tools to carry out the job
Average
CHAPLAIN (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work, constantly adjusting to the needs of the patients. In general patients are in great need of pastoral and spiritual support. Work as team with the medical stuff is enjoyable and give an opportunities to learn from each other. Not being able to have all the resources needed in many different situations which were encountered on a daily basis.
Pros
Free Lunches.
Cons
Little opportunities for growth
Productive Knowledgable
coder 1 (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYAugust 17, 2017
Overall very motivating and never a dull moment always being challenged. I learn something new everyday which keeps things interesting. I enjoy working with my co workers who are always available to help when needed.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement based on performance
This is a great place to work.
Utilization Review Appeals/Clerk Typist 1 (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYJuly 22, 2017
If you want to work in a hospital setting it has any position you can imagine. It is a large facility, union based, and a very diverse place to work .
Not an excellent place to work
Registered Nurse / Medical Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2017
A lot of patients with addiction. The Detox unit is always full. Nurses have to deal with drug addicts and ETOH patients everywhere.
Also, patient nurse ratio is quite high. Resources are limited.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
High patient nurse ratio
Nassau Unviersity
Medical Record Coder 1 (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYJune 19, 2017
Management is great they work with you; very friendly staff; nursing home setting. patients are nice as well. everyone gets along. I enjoy going to work
Great PLace to work
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYJune 6, 2017
It is a great place to work and to enhance your personal and intellectual skills. I have learned a great deal on how to work with people who have a dynamic management style
Pros
opportunitty to learn from many disciplines
Interesting population to work with, would like to work with same population in the future
Treatment Adherence Assistant (Former Employee) –  2201 Hempstead Turnpike, East Meadow, NY 11554May 28, 2017
I worked with clients that were HIV or Aids diagnosed. Assisted them with learning, taking their medication properly and also educating them on proper uses of medication, side effects and consequences of not taking their medication properly
Pros
I learned a lot a bout this particular population
Cons
Poor Management
Its a fun place to work in.and learning the whole functioning of this department
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  2201 Hempstead turnpike East Meadow NewYorkMay 27, 2017
I liked working here I got to meet all types of doctors and other fields of workers.i helped supplied patients gowns and blankets and sheets and etc.only thing I didn't like was pushing the heavy patients racks.
Pros
The lunch hours is fair anx uou get a break.
Cons
Sometimes the carts can be very heavy to push.
great expereince
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYMay 11, 2017
great and excellent I learned to meet with doctors and nurses the management is very caring and kind the workplace is excellent it was the most rewarding job that I have ever expereinced.
Pros
great people and cultures
Cons
Excellent place to work at
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYMay 5, 2017
Fast pace place to work at ,learned a lot about neo-natal care, very busy ER ,big teaching facility,great relation with medical team and nursing, not a hard place to work at with relax atmosphere and everything about job was enjoyable. Some housing was available in premises,excellent location for the community ,easy access,great services offered to patients,employee clinic open daily
Pros
free lunches
Part time worker
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYApril 17, 2017
Working at NUMC as a part time phlebotomist was very interesting. Although I loved my coworkers and management, the hospital did not allow part time phlebotomist go to full time.
Pros
Learnign experience
Cons
No room fpr growth
NUMC offers a great working environment, with a fun and diverse group of employees, dedicated to the mission of Patient Care.
Bi-lingual Resource Interviewer (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYMarch 8, 2017
The workplace culture at Nassau Healthcare Corp is definitely geared towards positively enhancing the overall experience of our patients.
Educating the staff on proper customer care and quality care is of great importance. Management is dedicated and innovative in it's methods to accomplish NUMC's mission.
Pros
Union and Great Benefits
Critical care transports
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYMarch 3, 2017
critical care trans ports in/out of the hospital, 911 emergencies out of AHPNH-equipment cardiac monitor, infusion pumps, ventilator, keep patient safe and provide emergency care
Pros
great place to work
Too Political
Counselor II (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYFebruary 12, 2017
nothing at all to say, so disappointed. The place is a joke and I would never recommend anyone to work there that is looking for an opportunity for employment development. Just plain and simple this place is inconsistent and administration is a joke they care of no one but their own pocket and people.
Pros
working with the people we serve
Cons
no compensation or gratitude for their employees, it's about who you know and not what you know atmosphere.
summary
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYFebruary 6, 2017
a typical day is hectic a combination of disfunction and nurses over worked. staff relief is not there. learned how to manage traumas
very bias place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nassau County, NYJanuary 30, 2017
They are unfair and bias,the union is no help if you are a part time worker. The union is very quick to collect union dues from part time workers and they do not do anything to help you from being fired even when they know the truth. HR Department is just the same, they don't believe in splitting justice.