Nassau University Medical Center

Nassau University Medical Center Employer Reviews

slow but steady improvement
Anesthesiology Residency (Former Employee), East Meadow, NYAugust 28, 2014
Excellent training a bit run down but slowly they are improving grounds and facility .
Great stepping stone.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), East Meadow, NYAugust 7, 2014
The graveyard shift, is a tough shift to work. I've learned to be a team player. Management and co-works work hard and always have each others backs. Recently got married and moved to Rockland County, the commute has be brutal! Helping assist patients and family members makes the job worth while!
nice place to work
Care Transition Health Coach (Current Employee), East Meadow, NYJuly 15, 2014
it was a nice place to work, I love my co-workers they are a very nice fun group of people to work with .
iam very secure and protective to my place.i enjoy and its fun.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), East Meadow, NYJuly 9, 2014
Pros: resting time.
Cons: eating pasta to cafeteria
worker are very busy everyday and very applause to one another, and they know who are new-people in thier department. they have own groups and job assigned.
Excellent place to work or complete an Internship
Administrative Medical Internship (Former Employee), Nassau County, Long IslandApril 16, 2014
Pros: good place to learn
Cons: the cafeteria's very small
I completed the daily census, attend meetings, I learned about the different types of admissions,and court procedures to manage patients. who refused medication management.
Great office experience
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), NYMarch 21, 2014
Learned how to file professionally and fulfill other duties of a Clerk
I am working here in NUMC for almost three years and have learned alot about coordinating research.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 27, 2014
Working as a research assistant my typicasl day at work I usually recruit patients for my research project, take their consents, give them questionare to fill out and follow them up for subsequent visits. I have very good relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part would be follow the psychiatric patients because they don"t maintain their schedule.
busy hospital pharmacy
per diem/ PT/FT pharmacist (Former Employee), East Meadow, NY 11554December 19, 2013
Pros: working with students is enjoyable
Cons: variable workflow in pm shift, am workflow is busy
best part of job is working with pharmacy students,
other workers are good too.
learned to manage heavy work flows
Poor Management
RN Staff (Former Employee), East Meadow, NYDecember 12, 2013
Pros: county job
Cons: management treat staff poorly. (many bully managers)
Old school organization mentality.
Management feels they are elite; most treat staff poorly. Management is allowed to yell and belittle staff with no consequences.
Great learning environment
Project Manager Bus Development/Ambulatory Care (Current Employee), Hempstead, NYOctober 26, 2013
Privileged to be involved in many projects that impact the hospital in all departments. these projects have allowed me to gain a lot of experience along with acquiring a tremendous amount of knowledge on how different parts of the hospital operate.
Dietetic Intern
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee), East Meadow, NYOctober 23, 2013
I completed my dietetic internship here. I learned the role of a dietitian in various fields of medicine. It was a very rewarding and helpful experience.
Stepping stone for young professionals with careers in the medical field or administration field
Admissions Officer (Current Employee), East Meadow, NYOctober 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: reluctant to change culture
Most days you will have plenty to do with responsibilities assigned from various administrators and physicians alike. Administrators do a great job of trying to mentor you. Co-workers can be fun.
Patient Navigator/ Healthecare Coach (Current Employee), East Meadow, NYSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: professional and positive
Diverse Group of people dedicating patients to primary care in the surrounding areas of Nassau County, Assisting patients navigate throughout the hospital.
Overall it was an excellent educational job.
INTAKE COUNSELOR (Former Employee), East Meadow, NYSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: civil service with all the perks. such as pension, medical, sick, personal and vacation days as well as the opportunity for advancement.
Cons: at one point of my 11yrs on that job there was a lack of professional supervision.
Enjoyed helping others for a living. The milti team approach to the betterment of the patients was interesting and educational. There were Psychiatrist, psychologist, medical doctors, social workers, nursing and PCAs which contributed to the multi disciplinary approach to treatment, so it was great learning all the aspects of all the disciplines.My – more... coworkers were mostly personable and team players. The hardest part of the job was occasionally the limitations with a referral for continued treatment. The best part was a patients sucess. – less
Trauma center
Radiologic Student (Former Employee), East Meadow, NYAugust 6, 2013
Nassau University Medical Center was one of my clinical rotation hospitals. The hospital was a great, and their staff was also wonderful. All the technologists and managers are all willing to help me and teach me. They shared their unique techniques with me, to enhance my skills so I can produce better quality images.
awesome place to work at
Resident, General practice residency (Former Employee), East Meadow, New YorkJuly 30, 2013
decent place with alot of training in wide spectrum of work. Extensive training in endodontics and oral surgery
Good experience for two years expect Red Mango insist I clean up mold, I had no choice but its very dangerous . I left to pursue medical field.
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee), East Meadow, NYJuly 25, 2013
Pros: two solid years employment, steady paycheck, fun interact with people.
Cons: had to clean up mold, was not really allowed to call in sick, never got pai d for overtime.
Overall good, not a company to grow as a person. It was like a sweatshop.
Friendly workplace
Pharmacist II (Former Employee), East Meadow, NYJuly 16, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: very busy pharmacy
Friendly enviornment, computerized entry order system, all aspects of pharmacy practiced ie. chemo,tpn iv
Great experience
Dental Resident (Former Employee), East Meadow, NYJune 28, 2013
Learned a great deal of rotary endodontics and surgical extractions, as well as crown and bridge.
Productive workplace
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) (Current Employee), East Meadow, NYJune 3, 2013
A very hands on hospital with great teachers. I have learned so much in such a short period time. My co-workers are so helpful in everyway. Everyone is polite and respectful.

About Nassau University Medical Center

Nassau Health Care keeps residents healthy in the suburbs of the Big Apple. The health system operates Nassau University Medical – Read more