Nasty Gal

Nasty Gal Employee Reviews

Great Environment; No Job Secruity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Customer Service OfficeMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers and pay
Cons: Management
Loved working with my co-workers, never any issues with them. The job could get hectic at times with customers and management. There is always someone to ask for help when needed. Management makes changes to the policy within the office at least two to three times a week. Being able to adjust to changes is needed. May come into work one day and no longer have a job. No job security and bad turn over rate. I liked the job more because of the people I worked with.
Environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: benefits and great pay
Cons: management
A typical day at work, was to assist customers with their styling, and ordering needs. The coworkers were nice to work with for the time being. The hardest part of the job was working the weekend shift being in school. The most enjoyable part about the job was to work with the employees and some of the festivities.
Nasty Gal
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Shepherdsville KyOctober 9, 2014
Pros: amazing atmospere
This was a great place to work with a even better atmosphere. It also had many opportunities to advance and learn new systems. management can improve some.
Goodbye to the best employees
Current employee (Current Employee), Los angelesAugust 29, 2014
After just watching several dozen of the people who ACTUALLY made this company profitable be laid off, I look forward to watching them continue to spiral into the obvious direction of bankruptcy. It is going down and going down fast.
Very positive and fun place to be!
intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2014
Fun and creative work place with a strong sense of community. Everyone is kind and supportive.
A new company that has lost insight on their philosophy.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYMarch 3, 2014
Pros: team, 401 k plan, health insurance
Cons: non experienced hr reps, operations managers are not very knowledgeable.
When I first started Nasty Gal it was an amazing place to work, My hard work payed off and I became a supervisor. The Culture and Philosophy made this job so great! Everyone was productive and happy in the work place, eventually we had big changes in management and it made the place unbearable. Human Resources did not work towards the team members and serious matters were not made priority. Such as Sexual harassment claims, discrimination claims. It was a constant battle to have them handle claims appropriately. Otherwise, I enjoyed my team. The benefits were good. My team was amazing! The most enjoyable part of my job was rewarding my team! This company is not what it was set out to be. The owners philosophy is not being followed.
Fun Place
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Shepherdsville, KYFebruary 18, 2014
I would rather to keep it private, it is a place where you can fun and make great friends
Productive and Fun place to work at
Technical Operations Intern - System Admin (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2013
I really enjoyed my internship at Nasty Gal. I learned plenty to take with into the real world, the DOs and DON'Ts.
Happy and fun place to work!
Picker/Packer and Special Email Request (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYOctober 16, 2013
Pros: listening music, amazing job
The day started with some stretching exercises, then the Shift Leader would tell us where to start working at.
I learned how to work in a teamwork.
The management was great.
I found new good friends, amazing co-workers.
Walking and standing for hours was the most hardest part of the job.
When we get tired there was always somebody making us smile and laugh.
Overall good
All Warehouse type jobs, ForkLifts (Former Employee), Arleta, CAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: hours and work
Cons: some days were slow overall great tho
Met one of kind people, wish they never relocated out of state.
Productive and fun work place. Culture and employee moral driven as well as customer satisfaction driven
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Sheperdsville, KYJuly 8, 2013
A typical day at work would be to come in and view the work load for the day and place employees where the business need was depending on the volume of work. Supervisors reported directly to me. I overseen the operation and provided support to the supervisors and their team members. I handled all HR and Safety concerns within the departments. Daily goals were set for each department and I was responsible for reporting the work completed for the day, explaining goals if they were not met as set by upper management. I have previous leadership experience and worked well building my supervisors and team members through training. I would provide feedback to supervisors and team members on a weekly basis.
Started off great but ended up TERRIBLE!
Customer Care Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 20, 2013
Pros: monthly staff paties, great holiday bonuses, 40% off regular priced merchandise and 25% off sale, always have lots of free snacks and drinks in the kitchen, pups allowed in the office, don't have a dress code or attendance policy
Cons: lots of career growth opportunities if you know the right people
Nasty Gal really does know how to treat its employees well. Working at Nasty Gal was so much fun, as it was like being in high school all over again. The upper management team acted like they were the popular kids and were a bit less than professional. The Customer Care team I worked with in the Los Angeles office was awesome. We developed a great Customer Care program only to get layed off with no warning (in the middle of our shifts) and two weeks severance. This was done after Anthony Vicars (the VP) had repeatedly assured the entire Customer Care Team our jobs were secure.
Super relaxed and awesome environement
Fraud Analyst Team Leader (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2013
If it wasn't for the fact that the entire customer care team was laid off none of us would have left. It was a great place to work and the management team was amazing.
fun workplace, promoted the wrong people
Order Verifier/ Shipper (Former Employee), Arleta, CADecember 6, 2012
Pros: fun activities, tons of overtime, good discount, good benefits
Cons: lower management, dishonesty, nepotism, favoritism, "too cool for school" mentality
It was a decent place to work, they tried to make it fun, but there were people overlooked for promotions and dishonest people were rewarded, temps were not treated the same as full time employees even though they were just as dedicated which brought the moral down and the nepotism was WAY too pronounced; if you were someone's friend, you could come to work drunk and still be promoted. Otherwise, an alright place to work.
Best job ever!
Employee (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2012
Pros: 40% off everything, great benefits, 401k matching
Cons: nothing
I have been at Nasty Gal for the past few months and am loving it so far. The people are great and so easy going and, for a fashion company, everyone is almost too nice! I could see myself here for years to come. Management is great about reviews and really talking to you about where you need improvement or where you excel. Co-workers are helpful and each day is different from the next. People can also bring their dogs to work, so it's always a nice break to play with them throughout the day. We also have really fun monthly parties at different spots all over downtown LA!
Fun place nice people
verifier (Former Employee), Arleta, CAAugust 10, 2012
Pros: 40% off cloths
Cons: working from 6am-3am
I love the company but the managers and bosses try too hard sometimes.
Headquarters