Natera Employee Review

If you're young and looking for a career start this could be a place for you
NA (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAJanuary 29, 2014
The other reviews are correct, management is very immature at this company and quite frankly, this company lacks management altogether. The CEO hardly ever shows up to work, and on the rare occasion that he does, he hardly interacts with other employees. I have no idea what the direction of this company is, I just know that they need to make $ asap and that means pushing down on others. Anyone who's good knows better than to stay at this company. When I meet people who are smart, I wonder why they are at this company. It's true that there's a lot of bullying going on, I've seen the Sales and Marketing VPs bullying people and take advantage of their positions. This company is going through a lot of growing pains and part of the problem is that not very many people from the top to the bottom have public company experience... or management experience... or experience in general. You have people who are Directors who have no clue how to really do their jobs, I've seen this across the board in many functional areas. You have some really talented young people who are amazing at their jobs and significantly underpaid and undervalued. Employee recognition is not consistent at this company, it's true that you need to ask or you will not receive. There is no HR review process for annual reviews and bonus payout. Promotions and raises are very ad hoc here, there's no standard process. I can count the number of people on less than 1 hand who are actually talented and smart, but then I haven't met the whole company...

So why would anyone join this company? A job is a job. If you have
  more... no work experience this is a good place to get some if you're willing to learn. They take a lot of inexperienced people in and train them. If you're looking for some quick growth in your career you could probably get it here. This company does not run background checks so if you have a criminal, drug or debt record, they will never know or ask. There's a lot of C and D players here so if you're a B player you have a chance to shine. This place is really disorganized and crazy so you have an opportunity to come in and "fix" things and make a positive difference.  less
Pros
free lunch, coffee, snacks
Cons
no leadership

Other Natera Employee Reviews

Stressful
Senior Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Management are kids with no experience in charge of teams. Unorganized co. Holiday pay and 8hr workday but you were expected to work well past 8hrs calling customers on your way home from work and on weekends.
Pros
steady hrs
Cons
unorganized company and management
Catered Lunches
Billing Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 29, 2017
The company has some good qualities such as the dress code, catered lunches and snacks. Upper Management are trying to learn how to operate the recently moved company with efficiency. They have a lot of changes happening.
Pros
free lunch and snacks
Cons
short breaks and upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Natera. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9