A successful candidate will. . .
- Be comfortable in a small to medium sized business environment.
- Receive guidance but will perform responsibly and independently with minimal supervision.
- Be able to prioritize their daily tasks and report regularly on status.
- Be comfortable raising concerns and receiving constructive criticism.
- Be meticulous about paying attention to detail.
Daily tasks will involve. . .
- Updating desktop and server software.
- Creating reports via Reporting Services.
- Diagnosing and repairing desktop, laptop and server hardware and peripheral issues.
- Assisting local and remote employees with software issues.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of voice, data, and video network systems -- this includes routers, switches, PBX, etc.
- Maintaining network and server security and integrity.
- Paying attention to compliance protocols such as HIPAA, PCI, etc.
- Following strict change management procedures.
Essential skills and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required; 4 year degree in a science, engineering, or mathematics field preferred.
- Networking, Windows systems administration and security certifications are a plus.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory on Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
- Experience with Windows XP, 7 and Server 2003/2008 administration.
- Working knowledge of Exchange.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server.
- Expertise in configuring and implementing firewalls and intrusion detection and prevention.
- Experience with SSIS reporting a plus.
- Experience with regular expressions and text parsing languages a plus -- Perl, Python, etc.
- Exhibit punctuality and low absenteeism.
- Ability to be on-call for support issues.