Nathan Adelson Hospice Employee Reviews

Admissions RN
Admissions RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2017
Many opportunities to help someone at a very trying time, I have learned a lot from this organization and position. Human kindness at its very finest!
Nice place to work
Manager Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 15, 2017
Great benefits, Nice perks, Clean atmosphere. Not much room for advancement. No open to a lot of change. Can be clickish, Very little training.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Pay
Productive and fun work place
Environmental Aide (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2016
Very peaceful and family orientated environment. Work place that celebrates every holiday and shows appreciation to staff. Great place to work. We're all there trying to make sure, "No one ends this journey called life afraid or alone".
Pros
Management shows appreciation to staff
Cons
Na
very calm work place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2016
Nathan Adelson Hospice was a very different experience for me, the staff there were also great team players and everyone did their job, working there i have learned a lot, management was great, communication was not not a problem. communication is the key i believe for every job as long as you have communication it makes everyone job easy.
Pros
spending time with the patients
Cons
seeing patients pass
Productive, fun work place with room to grow
Nathan Adelson Hospice for 2 years (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2016
I very much enjoyed working for Brandise and Martinet. I started out as a receptionist and worked my way up to a CSR (cutomer service rep) many more responsibilities and a great pay raise. I would of stayed for a long time had they not gone out of business.
Pros
Fun employees, Christmas bonus, paid vacation, paid sick leave
Cons
long hours and weekends and often work from home too
CNA/Admissions (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2016
There is not room for advancement in this company unless you know the CEO. They treat you horribly and HR doesn't believe you when you try to report harassment due to the fact the worker doing it has "been there for a long time."
Great place to work staff is so caring.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 29, 2016
I love that I make a difference in patients and their families lives. Hospice is a very tough job and you really have to be very caring to do it. The staff is the most amazing I've ever worked with.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Still PRN not getting enough hours.
Excellent Company and Mission Statement
Hospice Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2015
Nathan Adelson Hospice has excellent benefits and very caring employees. The company is very involved in the community.
Great company
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2015
Great company to work for. Would have never left if I did not relocate. Typical day: Would arrive to the office to get my assignments for the day. Typically patients to be seen at the various local hospitals to discuss hospice care with patients and families. Obtain patients chart, discuss diagnosis with physicians to determine hospice eligibility. Answer any and all questions of patients and family. Order any equipment that patient may need if going home. Set up transportation to home or to inpatient unit. Complete LCD and charting on patient. Very supportive team and management. Co-workers were like family. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with the patients and families and knowing that I would be of some help during their end of life care. Hardest part of the job was of course losing patients and also if we we short staffed, the long stressful hours.
Pros
co-workers like family
Cons
short breaks
Moderate pay - poor work environment
R.N. Case Manager of patients (Former Employee) –  Las VegasAugust 11, 2014
Even though I got all paperwork done on time, it took average 10hr days, no breaks or time for lunch and could no longer recover from work week over the wkd. Bp eventually raised 50pts. Supervisor extremely hard to get a hold of. Always at meetings. Administration awful toward field workers. Never felt support from superiors. IT changing electronic charting methods all the time, making it difficult to chart and keep up with all the changes. To sum up my experience - administration, supervision and IT were so concerned about keeping their own jobs prevalent that SW's and field RN's suffered for it creating an abused, overworked, disgruntled atmosphere.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else.
Compassionate team of EOL professionals.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2014
Definitely an evironment of caring and compassionate delivery of EOL care to the dying patient.
The most rewarding job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NvMarch 5, 2014
I volunteered at this Hospice because my Mom was in hospice. Everyday I cared for her, at home. I gave her injections every 3 hours. Assisted in cleaning her, bathing, emptying catheter, assisting in changing stoma. I took care of her around the clock until she passed.
My job /Job Work / life balance
CNA Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  N Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2014
Well I went from home to home. 5 patients is full time. My day at work was always good because I love my job. Didn't see management unless at a meeting or called into office. Co- workers ok didn't see them much. Unless it was the doctor or a nurse not friendly. The hardest part of my job was when my patient would pass away suddenly. Seeing my patients smile and say thank you was the enjoyable part of the day.
Cons
Seasoned Health Care Professional, Hospice&Diagnostic Laboratory Industries /Physician, Facility, Patient , Client Relations/Referrals & Admissions/
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2013
Promotes the Organization by disseminating information and building
relations with Healthcare providers and Families regarding "End Stage of Life'' and the Hospice Philosophy of Care.
Actively supports the Hospice's vision and mission.
Communicate, create awareness, educate, inform and market Referral Sources in the medical community on a daily basis within an assigned territory for patient admissions.
Pros
The Hospice Philosophy of Care; no one should end the journey of life alone, afraid, & in pain
Cons
End Stage of Life terminal illness, 6 months or less.
Good company doing important work
Medical Staff Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2013
Nathan Adelson is the leading Hospice organization in Southern Nevada.

Hospice can be very rewarding and Nathan is the best.
Dedicated
RN case manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2013
Dedicated and compassionate staff at bedside. Upper managment very removed from the bedside aspect. Too focused on money and micromanaging hard working nurses and social workers.
Pros
Staff very good at what they do. Dedicated.
Cons
Upper management far removed from the heart of hospice care. Only concerned about $.
awesome place
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2013
Very rewarding place to work and everyone there are just amazing people.
Company is focused on patient care
Acute Care Center Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2013
This is a positive place to work. Typically you have 5-6 patients. You have more than adequate CNA help they care for 6-8 patients. This makes a huge difference in patient care. The atmosphere is generally relaxed. Most people would think this is a depressing place to work. However, contrary to common belief most of the staff are upbeat and friendly. The two complaints I have about the company are, wages increases are poor and if you are in the IPU they are cancelling alot
true non profit
Nurse Apprentice/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NVAugust 29, 2013
A non profit hospice that truly cares about its pt. The staff works well together. The mission of caring for families and patients is taken to heart.
Company with great integrity and compassion for patients.
Admission/Access Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2013
Nathan Adelson Hospice is an incredible organization to work for. When I first started with the company I was pleasantly surprised to find so many longstanding employees that loved the company and what they did for a living. The organizations culture strives to provide excellence in everything they do, which begins with the senior management. Our patients are our priority and giving them optimal care in their final days is the focus of each employee.
I have grown as an individual and RN while working for Nathan Adelson Hospice. The companies leadership has empowered me to move within the company to increase my knowledge and experience management. Education is promoted in the organization, which has enabled me to become certified in Hospice and Palliative Care and launched me into my Masters program in Nursing Education. My coworkers are true professionals who love what they do and work as a cohesive unit.
The most difficult part of my hospice experience continues to be losing my patients when they die. But the best part of my job is to get to know my patients and their families and make what time they have left on this earth as enjoyable as possible.
Pros
Supportive employee atmosphere, great benefits
Cons
Long work days, lower salaries than competitors