Nation Pizza And Foods Employee Reviews in United States

ok place to work for
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 22, 2016
lots of over time, people there are nice.it is nice when people help each other. there are good days and bad days, what can I say
Pros
good health care
Cons
alot of work
face pace work enviorment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2016
cleaning and sweeping all day i learn to work with other people from other culture the management is not good my co -workers was okay the hardest part of my job was having to keep cleaning up and have to work overtime the most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits
Pros
nothing
Cons
no cons
Great Place
LINE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 31, 2015
I can't say much about this company because I worked their through a temp agency called "Labor Network" but overall it seems like a descent company.
it was more of a labor work
sanitation (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 7, 2015
More labor work it involved physical work and being properly uniform for the job. I would have to sanitize machines and make sure i left he department with every equipment cleaned and put back in place.Also operating the big tanks in order to wash them.
Productive and fast pace
QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 19, 2014
The typical day you have to manage the department reply to e-mails once task are complete. There is a large amount of different personalities which makes things challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing something I love, which is ensuring the quality of the products we make.
good company to work for but very strict
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  schaumburg ilOctober 23, 2014
good company to work for but very strict. Good for those looking for a lot of over time.
Nation Pizza Products - Sheet Operator
Sheet Operator (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 6, 2014
Configuring pizza dough machine for flatting, sizes change of different brands that run each week, operating flour machines throughout production line and overseeing all movements in circle pizza production lines. Electric card swipes and spanish language comprehension.
Pros
high pay rate, team enviroment, 10 hr shifts
Cons
only a seasonal position
Good pizza
Mixer Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2014
Hard work
Not pleasant enviroment
Many people got injured
Coworkers are lways different
The pay vacations are the most enjoyable part of the job
Plant is closing
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  McPherson, KSApril 29, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Nation, however the plant is closing. I thought I would retire from here. I loved the people I worked with
Great job until they shut down
REFRIGERATION LEAD / PSM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  McPherson, KSMarch 31, 2014
This was a great job until they shut the plant down. The people are great. The hours are OK. I got several certifications while working here.
Privately held company
Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 24, 2013
The company grew quickly in the 18 years I was employed with them.
productive and fun to work with
Packaging Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 26, 2013
easy going personel, however fast turnaround on temps most of the personnel are Temp labor
Pros
eduacation
Cons
too far from home
Fast paced work environment
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 18, 2013
A production plant and warehouse where the challenge of keeping lines supplied and finished product moving out the door at a non stop pace makes the time pass quickly. Layers of management and workers work together to acheive accuracy and safety goals. Solid team atmosphere. Regular onging training for advancement. Learned how to conduct meetings including powerpoint presentations.
Close knit and secure workplace
Quality Assurance Lead (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 1, 2013
This is a good place to work whether you are a people person or not. Everyone from the top on down can be accessible and engaging, this is the only company I have worked for that you have the ability to go and speak with the President or Owners of the company. I have been there when lay-offs have occurred but they always offer those people laid off a severance package and an opportunity to come back when business picks back up.The downside is that the Pay is Low to mid-level and the schedule is always rotating based on production so you never have fixed days off, but it is a great place to work, learn and grow.
Pros
learning and growth opportunities, upper management accesibility
Cons
compensation
good workplace
QA TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 24, 2012
When I was a QA i learned all about the factory, step by step all the production rooms and machinery. All about the products different checks and HACCP, GMP.
Pros
annual picnic, appretiation of employee.
Cons
punch in exactly time
Not one day is the same as the previous day
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 17, 2012
I can honestly say this is a good place to work for. The office and production areas where I was exposed to were always different. At times things were hectic and at times slow. I loved working the department I was in. I learned things I never expected to even understand. Having a boss that was strict and had high expecations for you is not bad. He pushed me to the max but it was all worth it. I will never be able to thank them enough for everything they did for me, not just at work but in my personal life. I will miss my home away from home.
good pay
Forklift/Shipping Operator (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 29, 2012
very cold fast paced good people to get to know learn something new everyday good training
Safety issues and OSHA needs to investigate
Production Room Lead (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg ILMarch 24, 2011
Constant revolving door on employees. No support from Management,no support from Human resource, No training provided the Supervisors just want you to get the work done regardless of how. they will work you 10 days in a row easily before you get a day off , forget having a family life. The freezer always has Ice build -up on the floor forklifts sliding all over the place. 96% Hispanics come and go with new names and social security numbers.One would think that Nestle and Kraft would find a better manufacturing company to produce theyr'e products
Pros
good benefits
Cons
warehouse supervisors should not be supervisors, management needs better training, employees need better training, dont call in sick after being in sub zero temps, forget having any time w/ family