- Maintain and update Norton Anti Virus definitions and scan PCs for viruses.
- Maintain, set up, and administer Outlook distribution lists.
- Track usage of department laptops and cellular phones.
- Install and terminate Category 5 network/telephone cabling as required.
- Maintain outside contacts with vendors for service and support.
- Troubleshoot remote networking and Outlook remote issues.
- Administer, move, add, and make changes to Mitel IP PBX telephone switch.
- Maintain and administer approximately 500 phones (Council and Conference Center) and voicemail accounts. Maintain and administer Voicemail (IVS) system, Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) System, and Call Accounting (CDR).
- Coordinate with team leaders on departmental telecommunication needs.
- Coordinate long distance codes with long distance vendor. Coordinate with Conference Services for telecommunication needs of outside groups.
- Manage Council listserv accounts; Create new lists.
- Setup and configure smart phone and smart devices.
- Provide support for online webinars and in house video and audio systems.
- Provide and prioritize Help Desk support tickets to Council Associates during normal business hours.
- Help Desk Specialist does take emergency calls seven days a week, so occasional second shift or weekend work may be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three years of IT work experience.
- Excellent telephone and verbal skills, a commitment to provide outstanding customer service with a positive attitude, the ability to remain calm and courteous with difficult callers, and technical skills in a fast paced organization providing support to a 150 node non-profit organization.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision as well as in teams.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Reliable and on-time performance is critical as are the ability and desire to learn new emerging technologies and software and apply them in your daily job functions.
- Help Desk and telephone PBX experience is critical.
- General experience including information systems development and other work in the PC hardware / software field, or related fields.
- Specialized experience including a working knowledge of PC operating systems (e.g. Windows 7), as well as networking (Microsoft), MS Exchange (2007 / 2010) mail standards, and work on a help desk. MS Office 2007 /2010 application support Symantec Ghost, and other various PC applications. Experience with Mitel IP PBX, Citrix Zenapp, Symantec Backup Exec, list servers, network / telephone cabling, mobile smart devices, audio / video and training users a plus.
- Long periods of sitting at computer and CRT screen.
- Must be able to lift/carry computer related equipment up to 30 lbs.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
4-H’ers across the nation are responding to challenges every day in their communities and their world.
With an expansive network...