National Able Network Employee Reviews

I work in the call center
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2015
I work in the call center taking incoming calls to direct clients to the different programs we have. also doing outgoing calls to present clients to inform them of different workshops that we have to get them better prepared to come back into the job market. our programs helps seniors And unemployed indiviuals
I enjoy working there. I feel I have learned a lot.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 6, 2015
I started out as the receptionist there. I was then lucky enough to
be chosen to take place in a pilot program called SALLP. This was an intensive 8 month course in computers. We learned Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. I learned a great deal from these classes.
I am now a Client Service Representative. I make initial calls to people who are interested in coming onto the program. I then do a 2 hour intake where I find out what they want to train for, income, personality, and ability to work. If they are eligible, I then help to find a Host agency ( non-profit training site), and once they are at the site I do follow ups quarterly.
Great place to earn & learn
P/T Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 18, 2015
great organization to be a part of. Amazing working hours to suit your schedule. This is an Employment /Training Program that allows you to earn while you learn.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
participation in the prgram is for 4 years only.
great organization
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 23, 2015
great organization to work for! great people and management! it is a great team environment in which to learn new skills and help people!
A busy time and quiet time on any given day.
Program Participant and Class Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILDecember 5, 2014
In the Resource Lab at the Evanston, IL library has clients who are looking for work like I am. I can relate to the frustrations so I try to be as helpful and friendly as possible in their job online search using the lab computers. We are glad when someone reports a job success. The co-workers are friendly as we have to step in to assist each other when it is needed. The hardest part is trying to navigate a system that a client has found, but can't print or forward. We try to find solutions, if possible. Some apps are blocked for security. There is no typical day, because of the client flow rate and we have to be ready for whatever may ensue. My point is not to get into a dispute with a client, just because they may be in a temporary bad mood. Job hunting is daunting for some. There are many activities at the library for all ages. We are currently having a 3 day book sale. I use my card regularly to have pleasant reading during downtime.
Pros
my schedule is flexible to have time off.
Cons
i would like to have more education hours to take a class instead of the 3 we are allowed.
Great learning experience and work environment
IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2014
Daily work includes basic tier1 help desk support from imaging to password management. National Able excels at letting the employee gain as much as they desire. The IT Intern position is only going to grow more in the future.
Pros
learning as much as you want, no egos, greater opportunities ahead
Cons
needs to get bigger
Good mangement and pleasant coworkers.
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 30, 2014
Provided a good work atmosphere, but no prospects for advancement.
A great place to work with room for advancement.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2014
Everyday is a great experience because I speak to many different types of people and learn a lot of things through their experiences. I get great pleasure from helping our participants find their place in life. Participants are given the opportunity to do various projects and learn different things.
Pros
the office staff are great to work with and very encouraging.
Productive and learn new skills.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 17, 2014
Productive and enjoy workplace with meeting new people and helping them with their needs.
A great company
Contracted to IDES (receptionist) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2014
A Great company to work for. National able network has many job opportunities for veterans and recently retired workers.

Want to know more about National Able Network?

Ask a question
Workers are great.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gary, INApril 29, 2014
I process work assignments in a timely manner. I enjoy learning about new changes in different accounts. It is a pleasure working with management and co-workers. Every one help each other and get along very well. The job is easy and I have to ask for more job assignment. I get along with everyone, this makes me willing and happy to go to work.
Productive and fun place to work. Atmosphere proffessional.
Training Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saco, MEApril 28, 2014
I enjoy working with the remote "trainers" of the Online Job Readiness classes. They are caring, compassionate, and dedicated to helping participants become employable. People of the age of 55 are extremely employable if given the opportunity. They offer maturity, dependability and a desire to learn. I feel that they do become discriminated against due to their age. My office co-workers are all very supported of each other. We all have different roles, but also similar in nature of the agency. There are no difficult parts to my job. I look forward to coming to work everyday. Challenges are a plus for me. The work I do shows others that they are appreciated and have earned the certificate that they receive and also that they will receive credit for the classes they attend.
Pros
a happy place to work.
Cons
only 20 hours a week.
No Job Security with the Company based on the Department of Labor Compliances in the State of Indiana
Senior Employment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, In HeadquarterApril 15, 2014
I loved every moment with all aspects of working with this company. The hardest part of the job was being able to elevate from staff participant to a regular staff member at the end of my 6 year durational limit.
Pros
the opportunity to use my skills and creativity
Cons
no job security after the 5th year of administrative staff participant
Interesting and productive workplace.
Admin (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 14, 2014
National Able Network is a non-profit organization serving older workers by assisting them in gaining the skills and experience they need in the current job market. I began working as a receptionist there, but quickly moved into client services by demonstrating my research abilities. I became proficient at finding drug manufacturer programs that would help our clients get the medications they needed and which weren't covered fully by their insurances. I often found programs they qualified for which would supply them their medication for free. One client was paying over $500 a month before I found him programs that reduced his med co-pays to a total of $20. This was very rewarding. I really enjoyed doing this.
The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with the volume and keeping all the different medications and manufacturers organized. I built a simple database to simplify it, but the programs often changed or updated so it was stressful to do in the 20 hours I worked.
I learned a great deal on this job. I met a great many people from many different lifestyles and with different ambitions. For some, it was survival. I learned to seek out, distribute and put into action programs that benefited a great many people who might not have gotten their medications otherwise.
The Director was accessible and friendly. My co-workers were also friendly and warm and we worked as a team. It was a nice office to work in.
The most difficult part for me was when I had to take over the reception desk, which, thankfully, did not happen often. I am not a multi-line phone person. I can run
  more... three programs at once on a computer and not miss a beat, but I just can't get the phone systems right. I have quite effectively set up a no-fly zone in the reception desk environment.  less
Pros
warm, friendly, pleasant and professional workplace.
Cons
short hours, low pay, "paid volunteer" status.
Great opportunity to learn new skills, and renew old ones!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bangor, ME 04401January 22, 2014
Awesome place to work, very comfortable and appreciated.Learned new computer skills, great co-workers, management very friendly, answer phones, filing, typing, paperwork.Best part of the job is the comrodery the team has.
Pros
lots of food sharing!learing new skills....
Great Company
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 25, 2013
I learned allot at this company. Great pay and benefits. They lost their contract we got laid off. I enjoyed it while it lasted.
Pros
great co-workers, salary, benefit package
Cons
hard to engage clients. i had a good clients.
Worked as an Administrative Assistant
Admistrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2013
Did paperwork involving client while working with the administrator, to help with office duties
Pros
type and file very well.
Cons
worked part time
Friendly place to work.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2013
A typical at work was front desk at conventions. I learned to use different computerized data bases to check guest in their conferences. Management and co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was waiting for the next assignment and how many days we would work.(assignments were only when there was a conventions in town.) The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting guest and working at the different conventions and locations.
Pros
beautiful locations to work at.
Cons
bring own lunch.
Training program for older adults
SENIOR SERVICES CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 24, 2013
I am a participant in a federally funded program. My job duties are way more intense and deep-reaching, being a Case Manager, than our participants who primarily perform clerical or food prep or janitorial duties, yet I am paid the same hourly wage (minimum wage) for 26 hours per week. The principle is worthy (train to improve upon or increase older workers skills to make them more employable) but the actuality is grim (we only work with non profit organizations who often times do not have funds to hire the participant)
why i enjoy the job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 18, 2012
the national able network helps senior citizens 55 years of age or
older help obtain employment fro folks that may have barriers to
get back to wanting permanent part time work or full time work. it
is hard in this world for a person 55 or older to find an employer that
is willing to give an older american a chance to work. i am looking for some thing in the food service industry part time to supplement
my retirement and the national able network is giving me that chance
i hope you folks will give me chance to find something the program for national able network is only 4 years maximum i am now in
my 4th year of eligibility national able network is positive and awsome my review summary is i enjoy going to work everyday i work
hard the people are nice and it is rewarding because i am working in an alzheimer's center and i love to help people
Pros
giving seniors a chance to gain confidence to gain work
Cons
lack of pay and they should let the person meet with a job developer

4.4