National Able Network Employee Reviews in United States

A Great Program Allowing Individuals to Build confidence needed to renter the Workforce
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2016
I think National Able has given me a great opportunity to reenter the workforce after an extended hiatus. I had participated as a caregiver for my late husband and mother for a period of time.
National able is funded by the Department of Labor (DOL) whereas they help seniors 55 and over enhance skills or develop skills; preparing them for a very competitive; yet great career opportunities.
For this; I am grateful. I have currently been a participant for over 8 months and I'm very anxious and excited at the opportunity to work with a company to offer my experience, professionalism, loyalty and desire to really make a different in the overall goals and accomplishments that are definitely unlimited for both parties.
Working at TAMC
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  TAMCOctober 25, 2015
While employed through National Abel Network I worked AT The Aroostook Medial Center. I worked in several departments and met many wonderful co-workers and have remained friends with them. Many of them were willing to teach me some of their responsibilities that I was able to do for them. I enjoy new computer programs although I was limited to what I could do regarding HIPPA laws.

The hardest part of the job physically filing the charts.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours per week
I work in the call center
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2015
I work in the call center taking incoming calls to direct clients to the different programs we have. also doing outgoing calls to present clients to inform them of different workshops that we have to get them better prepared to come back into the job market. our programs helps seniors And unemployed indiviuals
I enjoy working there. I feel I have learned a lot.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 6, 2015
I started out as the receptionist there. I was then lucky enough to
be chosen to take place in a pilot program called SALLP. This was an intensive 8 month course in computers. We learned Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. I learned a great deal from these classes.
I am now a Client Service Representative. I make initial calls to people who are interested in coming onto the program. I then do a 2 hour intake where I find out what they want to train for, income, personality, and ability to work. If they are eligible, I then help to find a Host agency ( non-profit training site), and once they are at the site I do follow ups quarterly.
Great place to earn & learn
P/T Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 18, 2015
great organization to be a part of. Amazing working hours to suit your schedule. This is an Employment /Training Program that allows you to earn while you learn.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
participation in the prgram is for 4 years only.
Great learning experience and work environment
IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2014
Daily work includes basic tier1 help desk support from imaging to password management. National Able excels at letting the employee gain as much as they desire. The IT Intern position is only going to grow more in the future.
Pros
learning as much as you want, no egos, greater opportunities ahead
Cons
needs to get bigger
A great place to work with room for advancement.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2014
Everyday is a great experience because I speak to many different types of people and learn a lot of things through their experiences. I get great pleasure from helping our participants find their place in life. Participants are given the opportunity to do various projects and learn different things.
Pros
the office staff are great to work with and very encouraging.
No Job Security with the Company based on the Department of Labor Compliances in the State of Indiana
Senior Employment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, In HeadquarterApril 15, 2014
I loved every moment with all aspects of working with this company. The hardest part of the job was being able to elevate from staff participant to a regular staff member at the end of my 6 year durational limit.
Pros
the opportunity to use my skills and creativity
Cons
no job security after the 5th year of administrative staff participant
Friendly place to work.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2013
A typical at work was front desk at conventions. I learned to use different computerized data bases to check guest in their conferences. Management and co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was waiting for the next assignment and how many days we would work.(assignments were only when there was a conventions in town.) The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting guest and working at the different conventions and locations.
Pros
beautiful locations to work at.
Cons
bring own lunch.
Training program for older adults
SENIOR SERVICES CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 24, 2013
I am a participant in a federally funded program. My job duties are way more intense and deep-reaching, being a Case Manager, than our participants who primarily perform clerical or food prep or janitorial duties, yet I am paid the same hourly wage (minimum wage) for 26 hours per week. The principle is worthy (train to improve upon or increase older workers skills to make them more employable) but the actuality is grim (we only work with non profit organizations who often times do not have funds to hire the participant)
Productive and challenging work place, meeting w/ clients and helping them to secure training positions within many of our Host Agencies
Administrative Asst/ Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Berlin, NH 03570June 3, 2012
I have met with and qualified many people who are 55yrs and older, who have lost their jobs yet are not wanting nor ready to retire. Some have worked in the same environment all of their working lives and now wish to pursue their dreams. I have placed these Participants in Host Agencies that can help them fulfill those dreams with training.
Pros
feeling the satisfaction of helping people transition into different occupations.
Cons
?
Rewarding and challenging workplace
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaAugust 1, 2012
I enjoy working with and helping the numerous participants in the SCSEP (Senior Community Service Employment Program) program. This is a training program for people over 55 years of age. I process payroll and have other duties which fall under Human Resources.

The hardest part of my job and it is not hard is making sure all participants are paid every other week. There are atleast 300 plus participants and at times have been as many as 400 participants.

The overall enjoyable part of my job is the reward of knowing I am helping others get back into the workforce.
Pros
flexible hours and it is part time
Cons
no funding available at this time to continue my job. no other cons.
Reward services provided to dislocated workers.
Client Services Representative/Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 10, 2012
Assessment for client to put them back to work. The management skills obtain was managing the progress and outcomes on indivdiual performance and achievements My co-worker was all team player with the same accomplishment to get training and/or employment for the client and meeting their needs. The hardest part of the job was the average case load was large in numbers. The most enjoyable part of the job was rewarding when you are able to find employment for the client and put him or her back to work.
Pros
traveling to varies meeting
Cons
limited company benefits
Workers are great.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gary, INApril 29, 2014
I process work assignments in a timely manner. I enjoy learning about new changes in different accounts. It is a pleasure working with management and co-workers. Every one help each other and get along very well. The job is easy and I have to ask for more job assignment. I get along with everyone, this makes me willing and happy to go to work.
Productive and fun place to work. Atmosphere proffessional.
Training Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saco, MEApril 28, 2014
I enjoy working with the remote "trainers" of the Online Job Readiness classes. They are caring, compassionate, and dedicated to helping participants become employable. People of the age of 55 are extremely employable if given the opportunity. They offer maturity, dependability and a desire to learn. I feel that they do become discriminated against due to their age. My office co-workers are all very supported of each other. We all have different roles, but also similar in nature of the agency. There are no difficult parts to my job. I look forward to coming to work everyday. Challenges are a plus for me. The work I do shows others that they are appreciated and have earned the certificate that they receive and also that they will receive credit for the classes they attend.
Pros
a happy place to work.
Cons
only 20 hours a week.
Opportunities Learned at National Able Network
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisJanuary 14, 2012
National Able Network is a great company where one can enhance their skills in social services and it also provides one the opportunity to learn new skills as well as many interviews techniques.
Pros
networking with businesses
Cons
layoffs due to lack of funding happened too often, program was eliminated from the corporate level
great organization
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 23, 2015
great organization to work for! great people and management! it is a great team environment in which to learn new skills and help people!
Great opportunity to learn new skills, and renew old ones!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bangor, ME 04401January 22, 2014
Awesome place to work, very comfortable and appreciated.Learned new computer skills, great co-workers, management very friendly, answer phones, filing, typing, paperwork.Best part of the job is the comrodery the team has.
Pros
lots of food sharing!learing new skills....
A busy time and quiet time on any given day.
Program Participant and Class Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILDecember 5, 2014
In the Resource Lab at the Evanston, IL library has clients who are looking for work like I am. I can relate to the frustrations so I try to be as helpful and friendly as possible in their job online search using the lab computers. We are glad when someone reports a job success. The co-workers are friendly as we have to step in to assist each other when it is needed. The hardest part is trying to navigate a system that a client has found, but can't print or forward. We try to find solutions, if possible. Some apps are blocked for security. There is no typical day, because of the client flow rate and we have to be ready for whatever may ensue. My point is not to get into a dispute with a client, just because they may be in a temporary bad mood. Job hunting is daunting for some. There are many activities at the library for all ages. We are currently having a 3 day book sale. I use my card regularly to have pleasant reading during downtime.
Pros
my schedule is flexible to have time off.
Cons
i would like to have more education hours to take a class instead of the 3 we are allowed.
why i enjoy the job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 18, 2012
the national able network helps senior citizens 55 years of age or
older help obtain employment fro folks that may have barriers to
get back to wanting permanent part time work or full time work. it
is hard in this world for a person 55 or older to find an employer that
is willing to give an older american a chance to work. i am looking for some thing in the food service industry part time to supplement
my retirement and the national able network is giving me that chance
i hope you folks will give me chance to find something the program for national able network is only 4 years maximum i am now in
my 4th year of eligibility national able network is positive and awsome my review summary is i enjoy going to work everyday i work
hard the people are nice and it is rewarding because i am working in an alzheimer's center and i love to help people
Pros
giving seniors a chance to gain confidence to gain work
Cons
lack of pay and they should let the person meet with a job developer

4.4