National Agents Alliance Employee Reviews in United States

Self-reliant job culture
Sales Representative and Recruitment Trainer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 21, 2016
National Agents Alliance was an easy part-time job for a motivated college student but I did not set any long-term goals for myself at this company. Looking for more job security.
career builder and big opportunity to grow
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 6, 2016
Before NAA, I never had any experience with life insurance. When I had the opportunity to go to orientation, I was welcomed by many experienced agents and leaders in the business. Unlike other the last job I had, everyone made themselves available to you to learn and grow with the company. If you put in the effort to work in this company, you will go far.
Pros
great self training, flexble schedule, and incentives
Cons
hard if you are not motivated to work
Fun people and awesome work environment with very informative leaders that will help you advance quickly
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 12, 2016
I love being apart of NAA and will recommend anyone interested in a career in life insurance to join this team! The people and fellow agents are really what keeps you wanting to come back!. We have meetings in which we weigh each other's success (not competitively but constructively) and come up with ways to better the results! There is always a conference or bootcamp going on that can offer up great information to take our careers as agents to the next level!
Pros
parties and family oriented
Cons
if you dont have the money to start up it will be hard
Great experience
Life Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCDecember 10, 2015
Representing 15 insurance and annuity carriers is is a blessing. An overall pleasant experience. Up-line is very helpful.
GREAT place to work
Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 11, 2015
The best thing i had ever done, career wise. Great people. Flexible work scheduled. it is commission based but it's worth it in the end. Training is provided 24/7.
Pros
Training is provided
Cons
No benefits but the compensation is AMAZING
Flexible
Licensed Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 5, 2015
This is a commission based job selling Life insurance products, you get out of it what you put into it. You create your own schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Commision based
Good Company
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Barrington, RIJuly 27, 2015
Imagine waking up and going to work just downstairs.....that's my life. I am my own manager, trainer, and coworker. I have learned a lot about the insurance industry and I have acquired many valuable contacts. but really I feel I need more guidance and structure this job is good for a side job but I need more.
Pros
Work from Home, Excellent compensation
Cons
Cold calling
liers
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  utahJuly 22, 2015
liers big huge liers. they will tell you anything to get them to work for them. only people that will make any money are the managers. think about it if a company comes begging you to work for them obviously they are not bring anything to the table
Small company not much room for advancement
Lead Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 2, 2015
A typical workday consisted of making sure billing was done properly as well as making sure that deposits were done. You also made collection calls to past due agents.
Productive,exciting, and fun day
Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Cabot, ARMay 20, 2015
My typical day at work is productive and it's a lot to learn, infrastructure different Life Insurance Policies. I love working together as a team with my co-workers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Uplifting Group
senior field underwriter (Former Employee) –  Nation WideApril 23, 2015
Worked closely with applicants. Evaluated applicants needs and reported best possible plan for their family. (Life Insurance and Annuities)

No Benefits

The most enjoyable was the freedom to work your own schedule.
Pros
Freedom to work your own hours
Cons
No Salary
Takes a Go for No Attitude
Business Developer/First Class Producer (Former Employee) –  KnoxvilleApril 14, 2015
Outside sales with an Inside sales feel to it. Insurance Sales. Opportunity to build your own sales team. Stellar lead system if you choose to invest.
Pros
Massive Compensation
Cons
Charge Backs, Lead Bills
Good company
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 18, 2015
NAA cares about their agents. They provide ongoing training, conferences, and individual mentoring through agents who also run their own sales divisions. Each agent works independently from home or from an office he or she secures and pays for, but the company is a cohesive entity that tracks successes, helps with challenges, and maintains an overall standard of excellence, customer service and compassion.
Pros
independence, coaching, support, excellent products
Cons
commission only, no salary or base pay
Fun, Make money
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2015
It is a great corporation to get your own business started. You make up your time schedule and build your own team to succeed
Fun Environment Great Perks
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCFebruary 9, 2015
It is a very fun place to work. The perks are unbelievable and it is a fun place to go to play. Very little room for growth. Management is their way or the highway and no one values opinions.
Pros
great perks
Cons
no retirement
A world class SCAM
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioFebruary 6, 2015
>If you want to spend your time lying to prospects to try and get appointments this is the job for you.

>If you want to part of Multi level Marketing scheme where the top people do good and you make little or no money this is the job for you.

> If you like really bad sales training this is the job for you.

>If you have your Life/Annuity licence run do not walk to another insurance company sales opportunity.If you do not have a licence find one of the many insurance companies, unlike WAA , that will pay for your test preparation training.

>If you enjoy spending your money on overpriced leads of questionable quality this is the job for you.

>Be very suspicious about the good reviews you read here. I believe every one of them is written by WAA employee.

>Bottom line, what WAA is looking for is people who just feel off the turnip truck, don''t be one of them.
Pros
a few good books on selling that you can buy
Cons
see the following
not good
Captive agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, PaJanuary 29, 2015
Did not provide key information needed when getting into the insurance industry. Such as the need for more than one type of license, and how much start up cash was needed. I was led to believe that I would make money hand over fist.
Cons
everything
Life insurance
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 15, 2015
On a typical day I would make calls and set up appointments. I learned better time management skills. I was my own manager and had no other co-workers. The hardest part of the job was making appointments. The most enjoyable part of the job was the connections made during home visits.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
no guaranteed income
typical pyramid
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Burlingon, NCJanuary 7, 2015
I hired people to sell life insurance. I trained them and help with getting licensed. If you where one of the first ones in you made a lot of money but the farther down the line you were the less money you made.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
you basically had to lie to people to get them to start selling with this company.
terrible experience in the life insurance sales industry
Life Insurance and Fixed Annuity Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 22, 2014
The opportunity that was portrayed was not realistic. My management was not honest. The company is now out of business.
Pros
complete freedom of time
Cons
the business model was not realitic, the compensation was not competitive