NATIONAL AIRLINES Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2015
A First Class Airline called National Airlines was a personable and full service airline. It was my most least salary position ever worked; however, it was by far my most favorite employer ever. So sorry that they filed Chapter 13.
HIghly efficient Department
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2015
This company was GO GO GO, never a dull moment, fun and exciting work experience with a great group of people.

Plenty of travel with good benefits and wages.
Pros
free lunch everyday
Amazing airline to work for
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2015
This airline had to be one of my favorite jobs EVER! Free flight benefits, great management, wonderful open door policy. It was fantastic! It's just too bad that they are no longer operating.
Pros
flight benefits were amazing
Cons
no longer operating!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2014
I loved working for this company and the exposure to different cultures.
Pros
free lunches, exposure to different cultures
Cons
lack of work abroad
Used to be a great place to work.
Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2014
National started as a smaller "mom and pop" kind of shop with big plans to expand upgrading from prehistoric DC-8's to a fleet of 747 and 757 aircraft. The company cares about it's employees offering, among other things, free juices, sodas, coffee, and teas. This was followed by the addition of free lunch provided every day. But just as with most expanding companies the costs of expansion, relocation, and asset acquirement start setting in and they have recently went through the process of eliminating a level of management and are now operating from a point of trying to maintain said expansion while reducing the size of the work force. I have been told by a number of employees since I had left that is not even close to the same company that it had been when it left Michigan. I know if I knew the company was going to turn into what it has, I never would have left Michigan to support this company. The company does offer some really great benefits to it's employees, however it is sounding like the amount of cow dung you have to shovel to get the benefits is shifting to the "it's not worth it" side.
Pros
free lunch, good health care
Cons
management, the "we have enough money we don't need to plan anything ahead" mentality
Working with the people around the world
FLIGHT LOADMASTER (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 16, 2013
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB
planning and loading of heavy equipment, difficult loading configurations and time sensitive cargo ON THE AIRCRAFt. but if you work with the right people then everything work perfect.

overall rating the company is a good i give it
Pros
yes at the aircraft
Cons
no cons aim in charce of the aircraft and manage the people around me
Thanks for the memories.
Training Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MichiganApril 14, 2013
People on the "ground levels" are great to work with and typically hard-working individuals.

I was able to learn many new things when first starting with the company that have allowed me to marketable in other areas and for that I am thankful.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting for work with the pilots on a daily basis. They quickly became family and made coming to work well worth any bad you may have to endure.
Pros
the pilots and co-workers
Cons
management
Great people to work for and with.
IT Generalist (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJuly 22, 2012
Nine to five desktop and LAN support, server administration, Exchange 2010 administration, Active Directory administration.

Learned to use Microsoft Windows 7 deployment tools, as well as BlackBerry administration and Cisco VoIP phone administration. Learned to use Norton BackUp Exec.

My manager is great, and overall management is above average.

I couldn't ask for better coworkers.
Pros
free lunches
a wonderful company to work for
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 18, 2012
excellent I enjoyed working with National Airlines was sad that it left I have learned so much from ticketing to the airplane itself there was never a dull moment
An excellent environment to work and get to travel for free
Ticket Agent/ C.S.R (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 12, 2012
This was a very productive environment to expand my customer service skills as well as the benefit package was a plus, I've learned to various airline codes and procedures that was used on a daily basis. Management was always helpful whenever an individual were to have his or her hands full with a complicated task or if a solution needed to be rectified by a manager. My co-workers were also the backbone of the company and like myself,always put the customer first. The hardest part of the day would be either the flight were to be late taking off due to inclement weather or the passenger's luggage didn't arrive with them on the flight and then a lost bag claim has to be submitted. The most enjoyable part about the job is once you know the airline protocol,it stays with you and you can take it with you and apply for a position in the airport or in the airline industry.
Pros
travel for free on our airlines
Cons
it was only part-time