NATIONAL AIRLINES Employee Reviews

Not good management ..
Corporate Charter Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Willow Run, MINovember 27, 2017
Some days were very long 24 hours sometimes. Was away from home a lot. We have 12 days off but 18 days on and you are basically at there mercy for those 18 days.
Pros
see the world
Cons
no life
THe hardest part of the job
(Internship) Operations Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MINovember 15, 2017
The hardest part of the job was training in all the various departments of operations control. Training was inefficient and ineffective. Environment was good however
Pros
Workplace culture was good
Cons
unorganised, poor training
Fun place to work, many benefits.
First Officer, B-727, DC-10 (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 8, 2017
National was acquired in 1980 by Pan Am Corp. They needed a domestic carrier to feed Pan Am's international hubs. What actually happened was Pan Am saw a valuable asset in National Airlines, and instead of using it as a feeder to their route structure, they started selling off National's assets to raise cash, which they needed desperately. Thus, defeating the original purpose of the acquisition. Some say this was the real purpose of the acquisition, and that this was the only way they could get the approval of National stockholders to make the deal. Many of us at National smelled a rat right from the beginning. We coined the slogan "We urge no merge."
We were right, there was a fox in the hen house, in the name of Bud Maytag, CEO of National and the Pan Am board of directors.
Pros
Great flying, small company.
Cons
Couldn't survive alone in a very competitive market.
every thing was quite orderly in maint control
Maintenance Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MISeptember 15, 2017
i took care of 16 a/c followed cks times deferred items ordered parts made sure parts were at the location of a/c they haulled goverment supplies along with comerical items
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
new people
National Airlines
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2017
An unfortunate victim of the ever changing Airline Industry. One of the most amazing work experiences I had the pleasure to have. A place where eberyone became my family and friends.
Pros
A small airline with a big heart.
Cons
Defunct Airline
Bad managment
Aircraft Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 29, 2017
The company is unstable and they are cut throat. The would fire you for mistake and if they want to fire they will try to say you did something wrong. They loss employees very often especially pilots.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
no a stable company to work for
I adored this Job!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 19, 2016
This was the best job EVER!!!. To be able to travel and interact with different people on a daily basis was a dream come true. My co-workers were awesome. I wish they didnt have to go out of business.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, free travel
Cons
I cant think of any....
Great place to work!
Assistant Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 8, 2016
Inner Courts Central Florida does a lot of great things for the Central Florida Community. Very glad I had the opportunity to help for so long.
Ok job, always wondering about future..
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2016
It's not a bad place to work in all... Great location, pay, and benefits. In all, pay is not bad for the Orlando, FL area.. It's not the greatest, but definitely not the worst. I constantly worry about this company's future and ability to survive in this market..
Pros
Great schedule, breakroom, management is leinient with schedule
Cons
Benifits cost $, 401k plan sub-par, Future of airline in question
Overall good rating
Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32822October 16, 2016
Good team to work with; excellent management that will back you up. They're struggling financially right now, which makes purchasing a challenge, but stable.
Always Busy
Crew Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day at work is hard to tell. Since this is an airline everyday is different because literally anything can happen. I've learned to think on my feet in this job. Management is good. My co-workers are awesome. They are very kind and helpful. The hardest part of the job is in unpredictability but it's always fun to figure out how to make things work.
Pros
every day is different
Cons
can be very stressful
great airline
Assistant Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 2, 2016
National Airlines is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. This airlines received many awards for it's service.
Pros
Great airline
Keen attention to detail and accuracy
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaOctober 6, 2015
Proving Runs is a must in the Aviation Industry. This must be done and approved to the FAA to make sure all FAR's are being followed. I was selected as one of the crew members selected along with 10 other Crew members, working as a team as if it were a typical day, and our response was superb. As a result National Airlines were approved for scheduled flights.
Pros
The opportunity to travel the world and understand other cultures.
Cons
Taking exams requires a little extra time to prepare, and knowing this about myself has made excel on exams I have taken in the past.
HIghly efficient Department
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2015
This company was GO GO GO, never a dull moment, fun and exciting work experience with a great group of people.

Plenty of travel with good benefits and wages.
Pros
free lunch everyday
Amazing airline to work for
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2015
This airline had to be one of my favorite jobs EVER! Free flight benefits, great management, wonderful open door policy. It was fantastic! It's just too bad that they are no longer operating.
Pros
Flight benefits were amazing
Cons
No longer operating!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2014
I loved working for this company and the exposure to different cultures.
Pros
Free lunches, exposure to different cultures
Cons
Lack of work abroad
Used to be a great place to work.
Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2014
National started as a smaller "mom and pop" kind of shop with big plans to expand upgrading from prehistoric DC-8's to a fleet of 747 and 757 aircraft. The company cares about it's employees offering, among other things, free juices, sodas, coffee, and teas. This was followed by the addition of free lunch provided every day. But just as with most expanding companies the costs of expansion, relocation, and asset acquirement start setting in and they have recently went through the process of eliminating a level of management and are now operating from a point of trying to maintain said expansion while reducing the size of the work force. I have been told by a number of employees since I had left that is not even close to the same company that it had been when it left Michigan. I know if I knew the company was going to turn into what it has, I never would have left Michigan to support this company. The company does offer some really great benefits to it's employees, however it is sounding like the amount of cow dung you have to shovel to get the benefits is shifting to the "it's not worth it" side.
Pros
Free lunch, good health care
Cons
management, the "we have enough money we don't need to plan anything ahead" mentality
Working with the people around the world
FLIGHT LOADMASTER (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 16, 2013
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB
planning and loading of heavy equipment, difficult loading configurations and time sensitive cargo ON THE AIRCRAFt. but if you work with the right people then everything work perfect.

overall rating the company is a good i give it

Pros
Yes at the aircraft
Cons
No cons aim in charce of the aircraft and manage the people around me
Thanks for the memories.
Training Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MichiganApril 14, 2013
People on the "ground levels" are great to work with and typically hard-working individuals.

I was able to learn many new things when first starting with the company that have allowed me to marketable in other areas and for that I am thankful.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting for work with the pilots on a daily basis. They quickly became family and made coming to work well worth any bad you may have to endure.
Pros
the pilots and co-workers
Cons
management
Great people to work for and with.
IT Generalist (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJuly 22, 2012
Nine to five desktop and LAN support, server administration, Exchange 2010 administration, Active Directory administration.

Learned to use Microsoft Windows 7 deployment tools, as well as BlackBerry administration and Cisco VoIP phone administration. Learned to use Norton BackUp Exec.

My manager is great, and overall management is above average.

I couldn't ask for better coworkers.
Pros
free lunches