National Amusements Employee Reviews

favoritism
Customer Service/Cashier/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 10, 2017
Favoritism amongst management and employees. Gossip amongst staff. Including personal info about employees spread to other staff. Passed over due to facial expressions on faces when upon entering the work area. No room for advancement unless you were in the favorites group of the management staff. Etc....
Hated it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Point, NYSeptember 8, 2017
The pay sucked, the managers sucked, the hours sucked. I just didn't like it here. my coworkers and customers were the best part about working here. no benefits
Good Work Place
Consessions (Former Employee) –  Millbury, MAAugust 14, 2017
It's A Very Organized Establishment , The Co-workers Were Awesome But Management Played Alot Of Favoritism And You Get Free Movies .. I Loved That Job Thou It Was Awesome Very Easy
Pros
Customers And Coworkers
Cons
Great Atmosphere and relaxed place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2017
National Amusements always took care of you as long as you did your job. Be ready to work holidays busy time of year. do 6 month employee reviews and as long as you did your job got increase in pay.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Fun environment for those who like movies
Manager (Current Employee) –  Seekonk, MAMay 2, 2017
As a manager, every day is different. I learned how to process payroll, perform interviews, do schedules, perform employee evaluations, handle cash, process inventory, receive & process shipments, & program digital projectors. Management varies from theater to theater. The hardest part of the job is the hours, working nights, week-ends, & holidays. The most enjoyable part is the people that you meet, customers & staff.
Long hours & low pay for theatre managers. Free movies
Theater Manager Showcase Cinema (Former Employee) –  Dedham MAApril 29, 2017
The quality of management is poor overall. However, if you are a good manager and have the education you can make it into the exec. level. Hope you can make it on the low pay till then.
Pros
Movies and advancement if you are well qualified.
Cons
Putting up with incompetent fellow managers & long hours.D
Great place
Manager of concession Operations (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 22, 2017
Was a great place to work and me new people everyday my manager taught me a lot and also is now a very good friend of mine you will learn a lot form her just don't do or say anything stupid and have common sense
fun place to work
Customer Service/ Technical support Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYMarch 11, 2017
• Greet Customers, handle and resolve customer complaints.
• Process orders and ensure on time delivery by network of courier companies and warehouses.
• Plan and arrange logistics required shipments, oversee and monitor availability of stocks and reduce shortages.
• Being responsible for heating, lighting, ventilation and alarm systems, manage the security surveillance systems.
• Network troubleshooting and fixing of all computers, registers, printers and scanners
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
fun work place
Concession worker (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NY 11432January 30, 2017
a typical day at work was fun, associates were very friendly and they loved working together, the management team was very helpful in making the business successful
Pros
free movies
Cons
pay rate
Good Job for Teens
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitestone, NYDecember 26, 2016
only for teens or for those who are retiring. Wish I had this job when I was younger not for right now. It's good for ashier experience. Managers work with your schedule.
Pros
good schedule
Cons
horrible customers
Interesting place to work for with free movie passes
Corporate Income Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MANovember 10, 2016
The Company went through a few structural changes and has hopefully ended up stronger than before. Its a low tech Company with little or no advancement.
Great first job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYAugust 22, 2016
A typical day requires you to interact with customers, stock, and clean. I learned to be responsible, courteous and hard working. The management was very educational in terms of responsibility. The co-workers ranged from dedicated to non-caring. The hardest part was having to pick up the slack of your co-workers. The most enjoyable part was being able to learn the different jobs of the theater. I was able to learn how to work at the box office, as an usher, and a concession attendant.
Pros
Cross training
Cons
different schedule every week
ok work place
concession Stand (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 14, 2016
its more of a job for teens and high school students that have to learn how to deal with work in the future. Not for someone looking for a future.
Pros
free movies
Cons
bad management, disorganized
Exciting and fun place to be a part of
Domestic Advertising Manager (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 8, 2016
I had a great time over my years at National Amusements. I learned a great deal working alongside some tremendous people.
fun first job
Cashier/Concessions Sales (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 26, 2016
great place to gain first job experience. Mainly for high school or college kids. Not really a career. Great way to get a foot in the door for other, better paying jobs.
Fun!
Concessions Cashier (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 7, 2016
Free movies! This was my first job, I was 16 years of age. Fun after school and weekend job. Easy to learn. Less than a year in, I was able to learn and work in different departments. Employees turned into great friends.
Fun environment. It is what you make it.
Manager (Current Employee) –  new yorkAugust 20, 2015
Flexible with scheduling most times. Fun environment. Pretty straight forward work. I moved up pretty fast when positions were available. The most difficult thing is working nights weekends, holidays, school vacations. Can be hard for parents with small children.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
working weekends and holidays
Great jobs for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJJuly 6, 2015
Very flexible with my school schedule. Great job for highschool students. The company was a bit unorganized but still motivated sales.
Good Pay
Manager of Concession Operations (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 20, 2015
I received good pay for my services but I had to work 48 hours a week. Long hours as well. Never a lot of support from upper management.
enjoyable`
concession stand (Former Employee) –  Millbury, MAMarch 2, 2015
a standard day was ringing out customers and restocking everything. this was my first job so i learned how to use a cash register and how to do inventory at the end of the day. the management staff was very thorough while maintaining good relations with all employees. my coworkers were almost always happy and courteous. the hardest part of my job was the weekend rushes when new movies came out. the best part of my job there was getting free movies.