National Amusements Employee Reviews

Good Job for Teens
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitestone, NYDecember 26, 2016
only for teens or for those who are retiring. Wish I had this job when I was younger not for right now. It's good for ashier experience. Managers work with your schedule.
Pros
good schedule
Cons
horrible customers
Interesting place to work for with free movie passes
Corporate Income Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MANovember 10, 2016
The Company went through a few structural changes and has hopefully ended up stronger than before. Its a low tech Company with little or no advancement.
Great first job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYAugust 22, 2016
A typical day requires you to interact with customers, stock, and clean. I learned to be responsible, courteous and hard working. The management was very educational in terms of responsibility. The co-workers ranged from dedicated to non-caring. The hardest part was having to pick up the slack of your co-workers. The most enjoyable part was being able to learn the different jobs of the theater. I was able to learn how to work at the box office, as an usher, and a concession attendant.
Pros
Cross training
Cons
different schedule every week
ok work place
concession Stand (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 14, 2016
its more of a job for teens and high school students that have to learn how to deal with work in the future. Not for someone looking for a future.
Pros
free movies
Cons
bad management, disorganized
Exciting and fun place to be a part of
Domestic Advertising Manager (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 8, 2016
I had a great time over my years at National Amusements. I learned a great deal working alongside some tremendous people.
fun first job
Cashier/Concessions Sales (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 26, 2016
great place to gain first job experience. Mainly for high school or college kids. Not really a career. Great way to get a foot in the door for other, better paying jobs.
Fun!
Concessions Cashier (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 7, 2016
Free movies! This was my first job, I was 16 years of age. Fun after school and weekend job. Easy to learn. Less than a year in, I was able to learn and work in different departments. Employees turned into great friends.
Fun environment. It is what you make it.
Manager (Current Employee) –  new yorkAugust 20, 2015
Flexible with scheduling most times. Fun environment. Pretty straight forward work. I moved up pretty fast when positions were available. The most difficult thing is working nights weekends, holidays, school vacations. Can be hard for parents with small children.
Pros
FREE MOVIES
Cons
working weekends and holidays
Great jobs for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJJuly 6, 2015
Very flexible with my school schedule. Great job for highschool students. The company was a bit unorganized but still motivated sales.
Good Pay
Manager of Concession Operations (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 20, 2015
I received good pay for my services but I had to work 48 hours a week. Long hours as well. Never a lot of support from upper management.
enjoyable`
concession stand (Former Employee) –  Millbury, MAMarch 2, 2015
a standard day was ringing out customers and restocking everything. this was my first job so i learned how to use a cash register and how to do inventory at the end of the day. the management staff was very thorough while maintaining good relations with all employees. my coworkers were almost always happy and courteous. the hardest part of my job was the weekend rushes when new movies came out. the best part of my job there was getting free movies.
productive
Concession Attendant (Current Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJanuary 22, 2015
My duties include managing and restocking inventory. operating the cash register and taking customers. The customers, co-workers, and managers were great. it is a friendly environment everyone works well together.
great company
a (Current Employee) –  aJanuary 8, 2015
great company great companygreat companygreat companygreat company
It's a movie theater
Usher Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holtsville, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Work day was good. When it was busy it could be fun, but when it was slow it was terrible. I learned that a movie theater can eat your soul. Hardest part of the job was realizing that most of the managers didnt care about the employees. Best part of the job was the free movies and my co-workers
Fast paced workplace with multiple departments and services
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 13, 2014
Excellent place to go see a movie and get concession food items.
Good and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJJune 30, 2014
This a great theater with lots of care for their customers. Great with working on your schedules.
fun work place for youth
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 30, 2014
work was easy but days where long. Cant have a personal life they want your whole life to be about them when your in a management position. Benefits were not that good. Taking time off was always a hassle. Not a good job for someone with a family.
Pros
free movie tickets
Cons
Long hours sometimes into the next day
Great company;fun place to work; learned alot
Cash Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 15, 2014
This was the best place I've worked!

I learned a lot; worked with great people; challenging and always busy but relax at the same time.
Pros
people; job itself; hours
Cons
leaving due to relocating
A very productive and friendly work enviroment
Usher (Former Employee) –  Holtsville, NYApril 13, 2014
A great place to work. Co workers were always friendly and very helpful, Management always on top of things and were always there to lend a helping hand if need be.
Very welcoming, and productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 7, 2014
My typical day of work will be greeting customers entering the Movie Theater, Prepared tickets to all customers. making sure that there need are met. What i learned is making sure that the customer is happy and satisfied with my work and how to conduct better professionalism. I've learned excellent phone skills, and also computer skills. I work with my pears well if i'm giving a task to work as a team if need to work with someone i am that team player. The hardest part of this job was trying to service people on a busy day and being the only cashier among's all the people i had to move fast to make sure that they are dealt with in a timely fashion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Amusements. Our community is ready to answer.