National Bank of Arizona

National Bank of Arizona United States Employee Reviews

Was like working with family, but culture is rapidly changing.
Branch Support Specialist (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 5, 2015
A typical work day is fast pace and challenging. I've learned time management and how to prioritize. My immediate supervisor is awesome and my co-workers were like family. We all worked well together to accomplish the end goal...make it right for the customer. The hardest part of the job was getting everything done in one day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge.
Nice Folks
Mail Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2015
Enjoyed Working There.Busy Workflow.Very Good In Showing You Around The Ropes.Room For Advancement Around The Company.
Overall Okay
Universal Teller (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZJanuary 6, 2015
Typical day involved me coming in at 8 am opening all the vaults, balancing the ATM if needed, as vault teller making sure shipments were put together and sent out in a timely manner, and spent the rest of the day, doing cash transactions, loan referrals to the Universal Banker ll, open/closing accounts if need be, coming closing time, making sure my drawer was balanced, as well as the vault, and closing up for the day. I learned a lot well I was there, from being vault teller, balancing the ATM, dealing with large cash deposits and their merchants. We had no manager for the longest time, and I think that was the hardest part, cause in the end I trained everyone who came in after me cause I was there for the longest. I enjoyed the company of my co-workers and they were all sad to see me go. Being there and dealing the customers and making sure that they let happy and satisfied with our service.
Just another bank
TELLER (Current Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 27, 2014
Pros: bank built on nurturing customer relationships.
Cons: limited training and advancement opportunities
National Bank of Arizona may look and feel like a locally owned and operated Bank, however, NBAZ is owned by Zionsbancorporation in Salt Lake City, UT. Zions is the parent company for about 5-10 banks in the Western United States. NBAZ has been downsizing for the last several years and there are limited opportunities with this company in any location other than Phoenix. There is limited training and opportunities for advancement. The culture is changing to more of a sales culture and there is more pressure on employees to perform in this area. NBAZ is becoming more corporate as time goes on.

NBAZ was listed as one of the top employers for women due to flexibility, this can be true dependent on the management, but often times people must fight for their rights.

It is very difficult to advance in this bank, there are rarely job openings, and when there are typically there are at least 5 employees interested in the job, though the position is usually filled before the job announcement has been posted. They have eliminated jobs, closed branches, and altered job titles.
Very good company to work for, unfortuantely your job is only as secure as the economy.
Asst. Vice President, Sr. Real Estate Loan Officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great environment, great people, loved writing loans, helping people fulfill their dreams.
Cons: had very little control over what underwriting would require, or when they would allow the transaction to be completed
Please see my resume for a typical day. The people (customers and coworkers) are what I enjoyed most about the job. The hardest part about the job became the unpredictability of underwriting of the loans I was selling. To the customer I was the person responsible for completing the transaction but in reality I has very little control over the details of the loan and what was ultimately required to complete the transaction in a timely manner.
good job
data entry (Former Employee), phx azNovember 13, 2014
Pros: nice job
Cons: working nights
5:30P.M. - 2:00A.M.
Balancing deposits
ok
ok
it had it's up and downs
getting the job done
Productive work envrioment
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Gila Bend, AZAugust 28, 2014
Pros: gain great friends and contacts for future opportunites.
Cons: incentive pay is not as high as i would like.
overall working for the company is great. the co-workers and every one you interact with daily are very nice and are always eager to help. Coming to work it would feel like a second family.
a typical work day would include sitting down with management to discuss the weeks sales, what we have planned for that week which appoints may take president over others, etc.. the most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of completion, if there is a client you may have had a hard time getting every thing done for, once the deal is booked the amount of satisfaction you feel is like no other.
NB/AZ is a local bank
Vice President, Branch Manager III (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2014
NB/AZ has moved from a customer service focused bank to an extremely sales focused bank.
A job where I can help customers achieve their financial goals and help with all their needs.
Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee), Kingman, ArizonaJune 30, 2014
Pros: being able to go to a job and enjoy what you do for customers.
Cons: an employee that brings their home life to work in a negative fashion.
A typical day at works includes helping everyone no matter what it takes. I have learned with my many years of experience that if you take care of your customer they will trust you with all their needs does not matter big or small everything matters. My managers I have all respected and co-workers as well. You need to be part of a team when working with all types of people.
Great people to work with
SENIOR TELLER (Former Employee), Cottonwood, AZApril 10, 2014
Pros: hour lunches. no weekends.
Cons: healthcare costs and no overtime allowed.
I really enjoyed working here. It had its stressful times, but that comes with any job. I liked everyone I worked with, we were like a family. Always helping each other out when needed.
Work place was horrible
Teller (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZApril 4, 2014
I have concluded that working at NBA was the worst job ever no team work,and a lot of talking badly not only about customers but other employees .
zions
Head Agent/Merchant Teller (Former Employee), Yuma, AZFebruary 19, 2014
bank owned by Zions
many rules that are awkward and different from other bank settings..
A good place to work.
Loan Support Specialist, Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Show Low, AZJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: busy, multi-tasking, great boss
Cons: cost and effectivness of health benefits
My days were very busy. I was given the opportunity to assist in many departments of the bank giving me a broad knowledge of mortgage and commercial lending. We had a great staff.
great to work with customrers
Personal Banker/ Teller (Former Employee), Gila Bend ArizonaOctober 30, 2013
Pros: customer service
helped out manager when needed open accounts for customers was vault teller atm teller pretty much did everything..
Managed Closing Department
Lead Senior Real Estate Loan Closer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2013
Pros: close to home, monthly incentive
Cons: no job security
• Managed a staff of 6; motivate, provide training, direction and support to junior staff members
• Approved builder budgets
• Reviewed consumer credit reports and analyzed credit worthiness
• Tested new mortgage programs and products
• Provided policy and procedure feedback and suggestions to Senior Management
• Complied with State Banking and Federal Regulations
• Audited file for accuracy of underwriting conditions to ensure salability to the investor
• Investigated Investor requirements and their guidelines
• Documented preparation for lot, business, construction, purchase, refinance, HELOC, FHA, VA, CRA and Bond loans
Excellent Bank
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Kingman, AZOctober 7, 2013
Pros: a lot of training
Cons: n/a
They offer allot of opportunities to grow with the company.
This was a fun job in the way that we were all made to feel like family.
Teller (Former Employee), Sedona, AZMarch 21, 2013
Pros: we would do lunches with the customer's.
Cons: with it being a mon.-fri. i didn't like to have to take time off for any appt.'s.
Working here was very enjoyable from starting my day with night drops to when customers come in no matter if they're new customers or one of the regulars I loved to interact with them. I had a great time talking with the local merchants to see how we can promote their company on Friday's.
Ambiguous environment with low-performing culture
Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2012
Cons: benefits, culture, high turnover
• Lots of musical chairs as people leave for better opportunities, NB|AZ does not hold onto talent for long
• Lack of accountability in each department with open hostility makes for a very low performing culture
• High expectations with little resources
• Very much an old boy's club
no longer in california
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Merced, CAOctober 29, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
this bank is no longer in california. only in arizona. They are no longer in california.
It has been many years since I worked here. Management has changed
Vice President (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2012
Management has undergone many changes in 15-years. The focus of the company has appeared to have also changed.

About National Bank of Arizona

A subsidiary of Utah-based multibank holding company Zions Bancorporation, National Bank of Arizona provides individuals and businesses – Read more

National Bank of Arizona Salaries