National Bank of Arizona Employee Reviews

National Bank of Arizona
Teller (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time at National Bank. I had a good rapport with my fellow co-workers, and most of the customers were very kind. Room for advancement was far from easy, however, and is one of the main reasons I left.
okay place to work
Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 15, 2017
Not enough training
Hardest part of the job was trying to fit in
I enjoyed the customer and customer service.
Good working hours.
I enjoyed my weekend off
Not a very uplifting place to work!
Teller (Former Employee) –  335 N. WilmotMay 6, 2017
I worked at National Bank of Arizona for less than a year, have never been employed with such a disorganized bank. Just a very negative environment to be in...
Pros
Hour lunches for full time employees
Cons
Very poor insurance plans
Great job
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wickenburg, AZMarch 20, 2017
National bank of arizona is a great place to work . The employees are great . Promotions take a little too long. Training is excellent online training is available for everyone in the bank as well as face to face training in a class room. Management are great.Most enjoyable are the customers
Pros
Love the office Im at
Cons
Promotions are not likely
Job Security
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 23, 2016
Around the time of working with National Bank, a couple of the branches were being closed due to reasons unknown to me. For me this was scary as I was unsure if my job was secured.
Good place to work and start career
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 24, 2016
Great pay and benefits. Room to advance but not a lot of training. Must be a self-starter. Training is limited and bonuses could be better but they are improving. They also really do care about their customers.
Pros
Pay, flexible
Cons
Management style, tech is outdated, poor training.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2016
its greatest asset the breadth and depth of its client base. Within Investment Banking, the firm works with a broad range of issuer clients, including corporations, institutions and governments, and provides comprehensive strategic advice, industry-specific expertise and regional market acumen enable our industry coverage teams to serve the evolving needs of clients around the world.
Good company
Human Resources Specialist, Corporate HQ (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2016
This is a good company with good people.Wonderful CEO while I was employed with the bank. Work life balance is awesome.Co-workers were helpful with day -day procedures.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
N\a
Gained a great deal of experience
Personal Banker - MLO (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2016
National Bank of Arizona offers adequate training and development programs. My manager took me under his wing and many other bankers and branch managers offered tips and wisdom that were greatly beneficial.
Pros
Freedom to be creative with driving sales and generating revenue.
Cons
Bonus structure is sub par.
Working at NBAZ
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  ArizonaApril 27, 2016
Sucks. Middle and upper management are focused more on golf tournaments and conference calls, than the employees, their performance and career development. Technology and procedures are decades behind the industry. Feebly attempting to hold on business while the financial industry passes them by.
Pros
Close to my house.
Cons
Technology, benefits, leadership.

Want to know more about National Bank of Arizona?

Ask a question
the schedule was great
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2016
i loved my schedule. the technology is horrible. other than that it's ok. the technology was just a little behind for me. believe that they should put more money in to technology.
General Banking Operations
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Wickenburg AZJanuary 12, 2016
general banking operations,
Great co-workers, 'good old boy' attitude and atmosphere
the hardest part of the job was leaving
Proactive & upbeat
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2015
Very respectable Executives active in our community. Generous sponsorships for non-profit charities. Great reputation within the state of AZ
Pros
Team Work
Good pay
Teller (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 17, 2015
Over all i enjoyed working at National Bank of Arizona. The pay was not bad and I enjoyed working with my co workers.I learned alot and enjoyed teaching new tellers.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Not enough room for advancement
Good co workers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoyed working for National Bank and they were a good company to work for. The only problems that I had was with a supervisor that was allowed to speak down to employees and nothing was done about it.
Pros
enjoyed co workers
Was like working with family, but culture is rapidly changing.
Branch Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 5, 2015
A typical work day is fast pace and challenging. I've learned time management and how to prioritize. My immediate supervisor is awesome and my co-workers were like family. We all worked well together to accomplish the end goal...make it right for the customer. The hardest part of the job was getting everything done in one day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge.
Nice Folks
Mail Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2015
Enjoyed Working There.Busy Workflow.Very Good In Showing You Around The Ropes.Room For Advancement Around The Company.
Overall Okay
Universal Teller (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 6, 2015
Typical day involved me coming in at 8 am opening all the vaults, balancing the ATM if needed, as vault teller making sure shipments were put together and sent out in a timely manner, and spent the rest of the day, doing cash transactions, loan referrals to the Universal Banker ll, open/closing accounts if need be, coming closing time, making sure my drawer was balanced, as well as the vault, and closing up for the day. I learned a lot well I was there, from being vault teller, balancing the ATM, dealing with large cash deposits and their merchants. We had no manager for the longest time, and I think that was the hardest part, cause in the end I trained everyone who came in after me cause I was there for the longest. I enjoyed the company of my co-workers and they were all sad to see me go. Being there and dealing the customers and making sure that they let happy and satisfied with our service.
Just another bank
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 27, 2014
National Bank of Arizona may look and feel like a locally owned and operated Bank, however, NBAZ is owned by Zionsbancorporation in Salt Lake City, UT. Zions is the parent company for about 5-10 banks in the Western United States. NBAZ has been downsizing for the last several years and there are limited opportunities with this company in any location other than Phoenix. There is limited training and opportunities for advancement. The culture is changing to more of a sales culture and there is more pressure on employees to perform in this area. NBAZ is becoming more corporate as time goes on.

NBAZ was listed as one of the top employers for women due to flexibility, this can be true dependent on the management, but often times people must fight for their rights.

It is very difficult to advance in this bank, there are rarely job openings, and when there are typically there are at least 5 employees interested in the job, though the position is usually filled before the job announcement has been posted. They have eliminated jobs, closed branches, and altered job titles.
Pros
Bank built on nurturing customer relationships.
Cons
Limited Training and Advancement Opportunities
Very good company to work for, unfortuantely your job is only as secure as the economy.
Asst. Vice President, Sr. Real Estate Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2014
Please see my resume for a typical day. The people (customers and coworkers) are what I enjoyed most about the job. The hardest part about the job became the unpredictability of underwriting of the loans I was selling. To the customer I was the person responsible for completing the transaction but in reality I has very little control over the details of the loan and what was ultimately required to complete the transaction in a timely manner.
Pros
Great environment, great people, loved writing loans, helping people fulfill their dreams.
Cons
Had very little control over what underwriting would require, or when they would allow the transaction to be completed