The National Bank of Coxsackie is an independent, locally owned, community commercial bank founded in 1852 as the State chartered Bank of Coxsackie. In 1865 the bank took a Federal charter and its present name of National Bank of Coxsackie.
The bank first opened for business in 1853 in space it purchased and renovated at the end of Reed Street at the right hand side of the building that currently houses the Heermance Memorial Library. The bank moved to its present location at 5 Reed Street in 1869 ( presently addressed as 3-7 Reed Street ).
The bank's first President was Wm. V. B. Heermance, who held that office until poor health forced his resignation in 1866. Mr. Heermance helped locate investors for the bank's initial capitalization and was instrumental in founding the bank. It was Mr. Heermance's well-traveled spinster daughter, Eleanor C. Heermance, who, at her death, donated the family house and a substantial amount of money for the establishment of the public library that bears her name.
The bank opened its first branch office in Greenville in 1966; its second location (drive-in facility only) in West Coxsackie in 1975; its third branch office in Ravena in 1976; a new full-service office with new drive-in facility in West Coxsackie in 1985 (to replace the 1975 structure ); a fourth branch office in Catskill in 1987 ( subsequently closed in 1993); and a fifth branch office in Athens in 1992 as an acquisition from Key Bank of Eastern New York.
Our sixth branch was opened in Cairo May 2006. – less–ZoomInfo