National Bankruptcy Services, LLC

National Bankruptcy Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Company had many changes over the 20+ years I was there, some very good and some not.
Operations Manager / Client Relations Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: years invested in the company, allowed me to teach and train many employees.
Cons: culture of the company was not very good.
I began with the company in the first couple of years it was developed. Many changes to the overall business kept it fresh, but there were also many changes in management. The hardest part of the job was to keep employee moral up, when the business was at it's worst. Most enjoyable part was learning everything I could about the industry, and passing that knowledge over to my employees.
Respect yourself. Don't work for NBS.
Record Services (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 29, 2014
Pros: that's funny.
Cons: lack of professionalism. verbal abuse from management.
Working at NBS felt like being trapped in a juvenile detention center for adults. Employees would insult each other, horse-play to the point of physical injuries, and use inappropriate language to get their point across. How many times does a person need to use the f-bomb in one sentence to make themselves feel like an "adult"? NBS employees were always trying to find out. No home training.

Reporting incidents to HR was a waste of time.
When I worked for the company, HR consisted of three clueless individuals who would become bug eyed when they were approached with concerns. They were adorable, and completely useless.

The managers would verbally attack their employees when mistakes were made. One particular gentleman would yell, and scream and call his employees everything but the title that NBS had given them. His ridiculous behavior caused many employees to walk out. By the time I gave my two week notice he had become a joke within the company, and he knew it.

If you want to work at a high school then become a teacher.

There are thousands of other companies in TX. You have options.

Respect yourself. Don't work for NBS. Ever.
Stay away from this place if you value your sanity
Bankruptcy Account Administrator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2013
Pros: there are pros to this job here?
Cons: no time for lunch, deadline expectation is too great, beaurocracy.
This company has WAY too many managers and too few workers who do the actual work. And God forbid if you don't do the work of 3 people due to all the layoffs they have had this year.

The people who are left are great but they are stressed and working themselves into an early grave. This is the kind of company where you work and work, complete a big project and do not get a "Job well done!" You get a "Why did you not do more?"

And you are not paid for what you are worth there. They will low ball you on salary and tell you there is OT to make up for the lack of pay.

You could say I am disgruntled, but I was laid off so I am liberated of all the 2 faced managers who say 1 thing and then do the opposite. And expect you to know what they did.
Productive work place with a lot of personal interractions
HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2013
Pros: nice breakrooms, outside sitting areas, monthly employee appreciation events.
Cons: instability of the industry, lack of communication between different departments.
Each day was diverse and very busy mixed with ongoing recruiting, spreadsheet and report updating, candidate screening, new hire paperwork and orientation. I enjoyed the daily interraction with the various managers to ensure proper candidates were being brought in to meet with them. Management was always diligent with the necessary team work to accomplish recruiting goals. Being in HR, it was necessary that interraction with co-workers was kept on a courteous, but professional basis only. The most enjoyable part of my job was conducting the new hire orientations. The most difficult part of my job was the necessity to inform candidates when they did not pass the pre-employment testing and would, therefore, not be meeting with the manager for an interview. This position taught me to be more reserved and tactful.
Good people, flexible, 60 hour plus work week
Operations Supervisor/ Audit / Research Litigation (Former Employee), Dallas TexasFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: don't want to take more than one or two days off...60 plus weeks
Great organization to learn a lot of skills: mortgage industry, bankruptcy, foreclosure. Opportunities to work with technology department and management to develop new tools and marketing apps for the company. Management experience offered if you are excel and are self motivated.