National Bankruptcy Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Billing Specialist
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2017
The job itself was very interesting, but the managers were always telling us to hurry up and bill with little consideration about the other reports we were doing, training was not good at all. The manager has not been there very long and takes vacations every month and returns and yells at everyone in the meetings that we are not doing enough.
Cons
only two weeks PTO which includes sick time, no 401K match
Stressful environment
Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2017
Stressful environment. Micro management. Benefits and pay not competitive. No matching 401 K. No room for advancement within the company. There was no open door policy
nbs, you deserve the managers you have.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2017
The work wasn't too bad. Boring and repetitive but it's the manager I had that made me leave.

This manager in the billing department who is also a real estate agent conducts her own business during office hours and routinely leaves to take care of her realtor business. .I am shocked that either HR doesnt know this. or they are letting this go.

Manager literally gets paid to tend to her own realtor career.
HR backs managers like that and looks the other way. no one cares what managers are doing. Very unfair. It's not cute.
Excellent place to work.
Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
Working in this company helps you grow professionally and the company as a whole promotes a team environment. The company is great at providing the training and tools you need to do the job well.
Forget it
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2017
If you are looking for work in the mortgage default industry, you will find other options to choose from.

If you are a college graduate, you should definitely not apply here. This company is run more like a sweat shop, and your education and expertise will not be helpful here. We need people who are mediocre, so that we can use them working long hours and have them expect nothing back.
Pros
A biweekly paycheck
Terrible place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I wouldn't refer my best friend or my worst enemy for this "company". Terrible company in all facets of the business spectrum.
Pros
Learning experiences
Cons
Everything else
Simple, but repetitive, and long hours
Bankruptcy Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 18, 2016
Overtime is almost always required, either due to insufficient staffing or unrealistic deadlines. Employees who demonstrate proficiency are leaned upon heavily to do much of the work, and those who struggle are rarely held accountable to improve. Management always preached that they wanted quality over quantity, but in practice the opposite was true.

Skilled employees will be rewarded with advancement opportunities, though management tends to be pretty cliquey, so you'll have to play ball. I found the benefits package to be adequate, though I have no point of reference for comparison.
Decent job when kept busy
Bankruptcy Auditor (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 2, 2016
Training could have been handled better but the job was easily completed once you got the hang of things. You are required to complete a certain amount of audits per week. The standard is easily met with a decent underlying understanding of the bankruptcy process.
I like my coworkers
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Glass ceiling. Lots of work and unrealistic expectations. Leaders like to alienate themselves from the cattle. People (leaders especially) like to curse. Sweatshop with computers.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Leadership, workload, glass ceiling
Not Worth It - waste of time
Bankruptcy Specialist (Current Employee) –  DallasMarch 30, 2015
When I first started I was warned by several people to not stay here nor do your best. I didn't understand why so many warning at the beginning of my job there; however after being there for the time I was, I found myself giving the same warning as I received.

I came with a very lengthy experienced bankruptcy career and even I feel upper management is have no realistic expectations for your daily work.

If you have a family, be prepared to put them after your job. Upper management expects your job be top priority over anything else. If you have to "miss work" you will be asked several times to come into work. If you don't expect to be in the office and being told how replaceable you are. Raises aren't something that are common - even after you finally get one (regardless the amount), it will be thrown in your face daily.

Very stressful and increases as time goes on - the daily workload wasn't what was stressful it was the fear that you may not have a job the next day. Your position can changes many times in a few days. Today you are doing this client tomorrow you maybe doing another - by the end of month you would be doing several clients. You can do an awesome job 99% of the time but as soon as that 1% shows the 99% will be forgotten.

Don't do it - if you do process with this company do not do your best. Give them 60% of what you can do.
Pros
Flexible schedule (at times), good experience in BK field
Cons
Everything else you can think of.
Company had many changes over the 20+ years I was there, some very good and some not.
Operations Manager / Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2014
I began with the company in the first couple of years it was developed. Many changes to the overall business kept it fresh, but there were also many changes in management. The hardest part of the job was to keep employee moral up, when the business was at it's worst. Most enjoyable part was learning everything I could about the industry, and passing that knowledge over to my employees.
Pros
Years invested in the company, allowed me to teach and train many employees.
Cons
Culture of the company was not very good.
Respect yourself. Don't work for NBS.
Record Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 29, 2014
Working at NBS felt like being trapped in a juvenile detention center for adults. Employees would insult each other, horse-play to the point of physical injuries, and use inappropriate language to get their point across. How many times does a person need to use the f-bomb in one sentence to make themselves feel like an "adult"? NBS employees were always trying to find out. No home training.

Reporting incidents to HR was a waste of time.
When I worked for the company, HR consisted of three clueless individuals who would become bug eyed when they were approached with concerns. They were adorable, and completely useless.

The managers would verbally attack their employees when mistakes were made. One particular gentleman would yell, and scream and call his employees everything but the title that NBS had given them. His ridiculous behavior caused many employees to walk out. By the time I gave my two week notice he had become a joke within the company, and he knew it.

If you want to work at a high school then become a teacher.

There are thousands of other companies in TX. You have options.

Respect yourself. Don't work for NBS. Ever.
Pros
That's funny.
Cons
Lack of Professionalism. Verbal abuse from management.
Stay away from this place if you value your sanity
Bankruptcy Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2013
This company has WAY too many managers and too few workers who do the actual work. And God forbid if you don't do the work of 3 people due to all the layoffs they have had this year.

The people who are left are great but they are stressed and working themselves into an early grave. This is the kind of company where you work and work, complete a big project and do not get a "Job well done!" You get a "Why did you not do more?"

And you are not paid for what you are worth there. They will low ball you on salary and tell you there is OT to make up for the lack of pay.

You could say I am disgruntled, but I was laid off so I am liberated of all the 2 faced managers who say 1 thing and then do the opposite. And expect you to know what they did.
Pros
There are pros to this job here?
Cons
No time for lunch, deadline expectation is too great, beaurocracy.
Productive work place with a lot of personal interractions
HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2013
Each day was diverse and very busy mixed with ongoing recruiting, spreadsheet and report updating, candidate screening, new hire paperwork and orientation. I enjoyed the daily interraction with the various managers to ensure proper candidates were being brought in to meet with them. Management was always diligent with the necessary team work to accomplish recruiting goals. Being in HR, it was necessary that interraction with co-workers was kept on a courteous, but professional basis only. The most enjoyable part of my job was conducting the new hire orientations. The most difficult part of my job was the necessity to inform candidates when they did not pass the pre-employment testing and would, therefore, not be meeting with the manager for an interview. This position taught me to be more reserved and tactful.
Pros
nice breakrooms, outside sitting areas, monthly employee appreciation events.
Cons
instability of the industry, lack of communication between different departments.
Good people, flexible, 60 hour plus work week
Operations Supervisor/ Audit / Research Litigation (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasFebruary 8, 2013
Great organization to learn a lot of skills: mortgage industry, bankruptcy, foreclosure. Opportunities to work with technology department and management to develop new tools and marketing apps for the company. Management experience offered if you are excel and are self motivated.
Pros
flexible work environment
Cons
don't want to take more than one or two days off...60 plus weeks