National Carriers Employee Reviews in United States

Beware!!!!! Fly by night company
Formal driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 23, 2016
This company is a nightmare! They force you to drive illegal and put time on your clock . They only care about a load not the driver. You sit more than you drive and dont pay detention or layover! You be lucky to get 1500 miles a week if that. TERRIBLE OUTFIT TO WORK FOR!!
Pros
Cons
Nasty attitudes fleetmanagers raggedy trucks low miles
You have to kidding to work here
Lease Driver (Former Employee) –  OTR DriverFebruary 12, 2016
What a shame.NC is the worse people in the country to work for as a Lease Operator. Millage pay is the pits! They have serious problems with the Lease Purchase Program, above all, you will go broke here while they make money on their trash Lease Trucks.
Run for the Hills!!!
Pros
Cons
The Company
refrig co.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 4, 2016
steady work,good equip,maintenance,good communication,on the road alot,preplans provided ahead of time,new trucks friendly atmosphere,with safety important
Pros
steady running
Cons
at end heavy micro mgment
Stressfull work place.
Colorado (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 18, 2015
Good Hard work. This place was too stressful for me. all ways covering for drivers that ben there the longest. Calling in or just taking time off. Not good to get a job where all the elder drivers have so much more time in. You feel you will never be part of the team.
Productive, enjoyable, best people on earth.
Night Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSMarch 28, 2015
I don't think I could of found any better people to work for, the atmosphere and the help you get from everyone. I wished I didn't have to leave but family always comes first.
Pros
the managment is first rate.
Cons
don't know of any
Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  driverMarch 1, 2015
Loved Driving ,love meeting new people long ours was the bad side of it. The hardest part of job was getting lost. I enjoyed my co-worker very much.
Pros
driving out of town
Cons
company fell through
Everyone there was extremely nice to work with. Very nice 2012 Kenworth trucks.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 5, 2013
As long as you can manage your time and electronic log you've got it made. They will help you out as best they can but you are ultimately responsible. The only bad thing is, if you are a prima donna like me, you might not like the meat plant where you get most of your loads. A little too much knowledge about COWS! if you know what I mean. Other than that go have fun.
Pros
nice, pretty and clean kenworth
Cons
couldn't fit tractor trailer in most malls, work/life balance 4 stars because i couldn't get to church on time, remember prima donna ;o)
National Carriers would rather hire a green card than an employee born in the united states.
Shag Driver (Former Employee) –  Brawley, CAAugust 23, 2012
working for National Carries is a joke there is no room for advancement from within they underpay and overwork you! Rather than thank employees for doing great work the managment looks for excuses to blame the employees for managment not keeping equipment maintained. And if you get hurt on the job Watch out they would rather fire you than REHABILITATE THE EMPLOYEES.
Cons
insurance that only covers you if you live in mexico
Strictly Business
Logistics Manager/Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Decent company to work for. Worked nights and weekends with no rotation to work days and be off on the weekends. Job duties were not hard but always busy because of being understaffed.
Every promise broken
Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 22, 2014
I started here as a lease driver and the first month was great. After that, it was like falling off the cliff. They say no forced dispatch to NYC for all drivers and no forced dispatch at all for lease drivers. After my first solid month, I was given a load to NYC which I turned down. I was then informed by my dispatcher that she would go out of her way to make me sit which, she did. What followed was four months without a paycheck, no layover, breakdown or driver unload pay. After starving me out of my truck, I switched to company driver while I looked for another job. After this, I took home $200-$300 a week until I quit. By the time I left, NCI owed me over $1000 for unpaid hotels, lumpars, breakdown and layovers which they refused to pay.
They broke my lease, starved me out of my truck and stole money; not a good bunch to work for.
Cons
everything
Nice looking equipment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSJune 29, 2014
Didnt mind working here. Unfortunately due to the excessive amount of down time due to repairs I could not generate a resonable paycheck to compesate for the sacrifice that goes along with this field of work.
Pros
small company values
Cons
miles and trucks needing constant repairs.
very supportive employer
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Hedging capacity is the typical day
I learned to sell, sell, sell
Management is exciting and helpful
co-workers are supportive
hardest part of the job is managing capacity
most enjoyable part of the job is the paychecks
Relaxed working enviroment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 30, 2014
I did trucking many years ago i use to be leased on with National Carriers came back for a few months between Iraq and Afghanistan ejoyed and was relaxing work Enviroment..
over all they are a good copany t work for.
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 19, 2013
Well the owners of the company are Military Vet's and they take care of there employes.
Pros
at times they would buy lunch
Cons
they had some what of good incurance. breaks all the time
Productive and busy
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brawley,CaFebruary 22, 2014
Continuous miles around the regional west coast area. Friendly and efficient coworkers.
Pros
keeps you busy
Cons
13-14hr days
Never dull in the trucking environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2014
Learned I'd prefer NOT to haul Straw-berries on a longhaul.....
Pros
all good