National Carriers

National Carriers Employer Reviews

Relaxed working enviroment
Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 30, 2014
I did trucking many years ago i use to be leased on with National Carriers came back for a few months between Iraq and Afghanistan ejoyed and was relaxing work Enviroment..
Nice looking equipment
Driver (Former Employee), Liberal, KSJune 29, 2014
Pros: small company values
Cons: miles and trucks needing constant repairs.
Didnt mind working here. Unfortunately due to the excessive amount of down time due to repairs I could not generate a resonable paycheck to compesate for the sacrifice that goes along with this field of work.
Never dull in the trucking environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 6, 2014
Pros: all good
Learned I'd prefer NOT to haul Straw-berries on a longhaul.....
Every promise broken
Driver (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 22, 2014
Cons: everything
I started here as a lease driver and the first month was great. After that, it was like falling off the cliff. They say no forced dispatch to NYC for all drivers and no forced dispatch at all for lease drivers. After my first solid month, I was given a load to NYC which I turned down. I was then informed by my dispatcher that she would go out of her – more... way to make me sit which, she did. What followed was four months without a paycheck, no layover, breakdown or driver unload pay. After starving me out of my truck, I switched to company driver while I looked for another job. After this, I took home $200-$300 a week until I quit. By the time I left, NCI owed me over $1000 for unpaid hotels, lumpars, breakdown and layovers which they refused to pay.
They broke my lease, starved me out of my truck and stole money; not a good bunch to work for. – less
Productive and busy
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Brawley,CaFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: keeps you busy
Cons: 13-14hr days
Continuous miles around the regional west coast area. Friendly and efficient coworkers.
over all they are a good copany t work for.
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 19, 2013
Pros: at times they would buy lunch
Cons: they had some what of good incurance. breaks all the time
Well the owners of the company are Military Vet's and they take care of there employes.
Everyone there was extremely nice to work with. Very nice 2012 Kenworth trucks.
Company Driver (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 5, 2013
Pros: nice, pretty and clean kenworth
Cons: couldn't fit tractor trailer in most malls, work/life balance 4 stars because i couldn't get to church on time, remember prima donna ;o)
As long as you can manage your time and electronic log you've got it made. They will help you out as best they can but you are ultimately responsible. The only bad thing is, if you are a prima donna like me, you might not like the meat plant where you get most of your loads. A little too much knowledge about COWS! if you know what I mean. Other than – more... that go have fun. – less
National Carriers would rather hire a green card than an employee born in the united states.
Shag Driver (Former Employee), Brawley, CAAugust 23, 2012
Cons: insurance that only covers you if you live in mexico
working for National Carries is a joke there is no room for advancement from within they underpay and overwork you! Rather than thank employees for doing great work the managment looks for excuses to blame the employees for managment not keeping equipment maintained. And if you get hurt on the job Watch out they would rather fire you than REHABILITATE – more... THE EMPLOYEES. – less