National Church Residences

National Church Residences Employee Reviews

Management has no Work-life balance
Management (Former Employee) –  OHDecember 30, 2016
*Typical day is basically hitting the ground running upon arrival nonstop.

*Learned: to be patient and take it one day at a time

*Management: I rather not say

*Co-workers: is the life of the day especially if you have a great team!

*Hardest part of the job: is dealing with upper management who does have any clue on how to manage a team or knowledge on the job itself.

*The most enjoyable part of the job: is going home after a long day at work.
Pros
Meeting new people, knowledge, & Off on the weekends
Cons
Pay, Benefits, & No work-life balance
*Beware* Don't let the name or pay fool you!
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 21, 2016
Properties all over but home office is in Ohio. Lack of communication and care causes the program to not run smoothly. QA turnovers cause different ways of doing processes. Computer system changes consistently with no way of being able to reach the goals with all of the travel and no time to enter info. No support from supervisor or from various property managers. Company says to do things one way but yet property managers at all the different properties I had to be at were not supportive of us in the building. Training lacked, you had to learn as you go without guidance.

This is definitely a program that lacks in all ways. Ohio office doesn't seem to care how those in the field in other states are struggling. This program is set up to fail.
Pros
benefits/pay/residents
Cons
Bad management & training, lack of communication unattainable goals
Most rewarding job
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 24, 2016
I have worked for National Church Residences for over 6 years. If you need micro managed, you may not like this job. If your not self motivated and need management to hold your hand, you may not like this job. But if you want to make a difference in many lives and help seniors than cannot help themselves, this is your job. You don't provide any service, you simply coordinate the needed service. I cannot imagine why anyone would not love this company. Good morals, ethics, compassion and genuinely interested in the residents and staff. Management is second to none. Always a phone call/email away and quick to respond.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits, company with morals and ethics
Cons
Must be independantly self motivated
Room for growth
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHMarch 8, 2017
Every company has staffing issues here and there and I think that the management helps to the best of their abilities. Majority of employees are satisfied (the ones I work with) and make a positive impact on patient's lives. The patient's love the employees and look forward to seeing them. The changes in corporate structure/vision is leading to some unhappy campers but that is what happens whenever there is change at any company. The building has a beautiful layout with a spacious courtyard for residents, families, and staff to enjoy throughout the year. Rarely odors within the hallways noticed. The pay is comparable to other long term care facilities. It is starting to be on the upswing due to the new administrator that has been here for less than a year. She has a lot of exciting ideas for the building and I can't wait to see them all unfold. I believe in this building and the company's mission. It has changed a lot over the time that I have been here but I think that it is going in the right direction.
Pros
Experience
Interesting residents of an elderly and disabled building
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAApril 13, 2016
Typical day involved interviews with residents, entering required data into Efforts to Outcomes software, reviewing resident's documentation for SNAP and health insurance, explaining Medicare summaries, and providing info and referral as needed.

I learned a great deal about eligibility for MassHealth, SNAP benefits, SSI and AARP. I also learned to network with outside agencies to provide evidence-based programs, wellness/education presentations and health clinics.

Management and co-workers were good people!

The hardest part of the job was trying to find resources for residents who did not qualify for programs (i.e., over income).

The most enjoyable part of the job was providing residents the opportunities to attend wellness/education presentations, clinics and programs. I enjoyed doing assessments and interviews with the residents. Residents had interesting life experiences.
Pros
Enthusiatic resident who supported the Service Coordinator Program
Cons
Windowless stuffy basement office
Love the residents and the mission
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 27, 2017
I love this job.
I love the residents and the mission to transform lives through excellence.
National Church Residences works closely with our business partners at CSS to assist the residents retain permanent supportive housing to the mentally ill and homeless communities.
My job, as part of the front desk staff, entails a lot of writing. I log just about everything that happens in the building. There is a form for everything. I also monitor all of the cameras throughout the property.

The hardest thing about working here is that you are required to monitor two buildings at one time. It would be easier to do this IF the cameras worked and you could see who you were letting in the front door. It is difficult to do this part of the job when most of the security features are disabled or have not been completely set up. The residents know this and take advantage of it and the fact that the budget does not allow for anyone to be at the front desk.
Pros
Working independantly most of the time.
Cons
Management difficult to work with
12 hour shifts, steady schedule
STNA (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMay 9, 2016
Shifts here are consistent, rotating weekends and holidays. You can almost predict your schedule from here to infinity. Staff here are great to work with, as well as the residents. Only complaints are about the same with any medical facility, call-offs are always a pain. Getting anything other than 12 hour shifts is next to impossible, but they are flexible if thing come up or if you're in school.
Pros
Great staff, nice facility
Cons
Getting your lunch break is hard, no compensation if you don't take a lunch, they still take it out of your check
Upscale Assited Living Surroundings
Charge Nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 30, 2017
The Assisted living facility is very nice. Residents have very nice rooms and delicious food. Dining staff is awesome ! Hallways are carpeted which made it easier on the nurses passing medications on the two separate floors. Communication is done by walky talkies but batteries were always dying when you needed them to work properly. Some days could get very crazy for the nurse because the AL Nurse also helps out in the clinic where the office is located. The aides work extremely hard and I have learned get paid very low wages. Nurse turnover is high due to the pay also. Overall a very nice comfortable atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Beautiful AL Building.
Cons
Employee Entrance by Dumpsters & Pay.
Not worth it
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2017
They dont care about you. Unless ypu are high on the ladder, you just do not matter. You dont gwt much hands on training, basically just thrown in and expected to know what to do. Dont offer you advancement unless you are a regionals pet. Over worked and underpaid. Everything is a fight when trying to get things or complete major projects. Not worth the stress.
Exellent onboarding. Every new employee is given all the tools and training to suceed at any given position
Employee (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 6, 2017
I would recommend National Church Residences to anyone looking to get into Property Management, you will have all the tools necessary to "get the job done" Some days are a bit more stressful than others, but the reward is the residents at the end of the day.
Pros
Great healthcare, training and truly concerned about employees and all residents.
Cons
Excellent company, great pay and benefits
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHJanuary 19, 2016
I worked for HCL as an assistant property manager for a year.

I had immediate and irreconcilable conflicts with my manager and left the company on my own accord, but the company overall was fantastic.
excellent, comprehensive paid training and great pay/benefits.

i wish things had been different at my property and i would've been able to remain there.
Pros
great pay, great staff, detailed training, fast paced and challenging, room for advancement
Cons
compartmentalized upper management, high pressure at times
No Room for Groeth
Permanent Supportive Housing Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2017
Company is a good starting point to enhance your skills within the field of work your in, however there is not room for growth within company as far has educational growth when you are trying to further your career.
Good Company, Bad Mgmt
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAFebruary 22, 2016
Wonderful service to veterans and the military population. Sincere employees that work hard for public servants and the military. Management; however, does not efficient communication down the ranks. Lots of favoritism and cliques. Not a healthy work environment.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Bad management
Good Coworkers, Poor Leadership
Middle Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 2, 2016
Good teamwork in department, loved my coworkers. Pay is decent for line staff with new increase program. Good flexibility with work schedule. Poor management in the field. Not enough staff to cover all work that needs done. Senior leaders make decisions with no input from the employees who are affected. New management seem to want to make positive changes though. The HR Director is very unprofessional. She Openly talks bad about employees and bullies them and gets away with it. Very rude to everyone and not approachable. She's fake nice when she comes to the building and everyone can see through it.
Pros
Teamwork, work schedule flexibility
Cons
Scheduling, management being disconnected, unprofessional rde HR Director
Working for National Church Residences
Admissions Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 12, 2016
The company as a whole needs some direction. They are firm believers in helping the elderly community, which is why I stay and work for them. But when it comes to their employees they really loose focus. Its not a management problem, it is a corporation problem. I really enjoy my job and helping families find placement for their frail elder, but it's not as easy to work for this company as it once was.
Pros
Working for the low income elderly and being able to help them
Cons
Work horse mentality
Not good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHFebruary 22, 2017
Awful place to work. Night shift is ignored. They don't care about how heavy workload is.management not responsive to concerns
Pros
Cons
No breaks. Management does not care about staff
Management Issues
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Management is never on the same page, your always scared your doing something wrong, they do not have their associates backs and its very unorganized.
Pros
residents
Cons
Staff
Excellent company
Service Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MANovember 4, 2016
Management team was wonderful, supportive, and provided quality professional training.
Co-workers were communicative, understanding and reliable.
The only issue, it was a part-time opportunity.
Pros
Everything about the job was awesome
Cons
it was part-time
This is a great place to work!
Basic First Aide (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 30, 2017
I highly recommend this as a place to work. the management really care about both their staff and their patients. Such a clean working environment.
Fun place to work and great support from supervisors and QA specialists
Service Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMarch 28, 2017
I absolutely love my job with National Church Residences and I have been with them nearly 2 years and look to retire with them. They have all the resources available when I need assistance and my supervisor is awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Church Residences. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9