National Church Residences Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Volunteer Policies and Procedures (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, CAJanuary 9, 2018
A typical day at work entails assessing elderly residents and hosting education and wellness events for them. I work alone and unsupervised. So far, I have learned to master the Care Guide database that is used to document resident health/personal information.
Best Job I ever had
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAJanuary 4, 2018
I truly enjoyed working for the Organization which was easy because what they stood for. Very mission forward approach and wanted to also drive their workforce which they did by offering competitive salary, benefits and flexibility. By far, the best job I have ever had, hate the fact that it was a contract but...definitely not a waste of 2 years. I would definitely recommend.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Contract based position
Great company
Sale Counselor (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHDecember 26, 2017
I am truly apart of the mission. I have become apart of a family. They truly care about older adults. It makes me excited to go to work every day. National Church Residences knows how to it senior living.
Pros
paid time off
Mixed Feelings
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2017
I believe in the mission of the company but found there is a disconnect in how they care for their residents opposed to how they care for the employees. I enjoy working with my residents and love what I do. I just wish I had a different experience with feeling a part of a team
Passionate and Flexible
Home Health Maker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 1, 2017
I took this job on as a secondary income. I wasn't sure at first if I would be scheduled all the time but that wasn't the case and I have been able to pick up open shifts when available. I enjoy my job with National Church Residences more than my full time position. Building my own schedule and building relationships with clients have made this position exciting and rewarding.
Great experience
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 22, 2017
I worked with National Church Residences for 16 weeks as their communications intern. I learned a lot of valuable information that I am using in my full-time job. Everyone in the corporate office was always so kind and I would definitely recommend working at this place!
Stay away
Administrative and Clerical support (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHNovember 21, 2017
Bullying Nurse, uncooperative coworkers. no incentives, cancellations. too many patients to take care for yourself, either because aides does not show up to work, or the company send employees to home to save money; some employees were uncaring toward the residents and the coworkers as well.
Pros
Cons
all
Protective place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2017
Answered phone, filed , faxed , scanned, collected rent, answered phone, interviewed, moved in residents, sent out verification's, opened the mail and all other office duties assigned me.
Pros
had stocks
Cons
don't pay
great job just not enough hours
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 23, 2017
needed more hours, if I could have gotten more hours I would have stayed a lot longer possibly to retirement. I really liked this job but being a contingent worker sucks because your only called in when someone calls off or take a vacation etc, and because of that you don't get many hours.
Be aware of the Building/Site you will be working at
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MAOctober 20, 2017
Overall, NCR is a great company. However the problems lie when you work at a building not owned by NCR. Then you are at the mercy of that building's manager. If they like you, you are most likely to stay on but if not..oh well you are out.It is also hard for any NCR manager/supervisor to have your back because they do not really know what is going on. Also a warning to anyone who is thinking about working at any sites owned by CSI;Just be aware of the Liasons/Property Managers. They can be very intimidating/talk down to people and have no respect for employees and the building residents as well.
Pros
very relaxed
Cons
no Job protection
Great site manager & nurse manager
Aide (Current Employee) –  Adult Day Center in Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2017
Site managers at both cbus loc are awesome people who care about staff and clients. Lots of changes happened and on right track. Clients are family. Ncr raising wages good every year which is good change for me, earn a lot of pto, free disability ins. Girls from corporate ask for opinion and willing to listen - it would be great to get floor staff new uniforms once a year or so.
Pros
Clients, coworker, managers
Cons
Need more staff on floor with clients, lower ins cost
Set your own pace rewarding work experience
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNOctober 9, 2017
I've found my employment at National Church Residences rewarding both personally and professionally. They offer thorough training and assistance, while not on site, is always readily available. I would encourage applicants to gauge their need for hands-on supervision. You really need to be an enthusiastic self-starter with some great ideas and lots of motivation and creativity. If so, you'll find this is your dream job. Bonus- you have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of aging adults.
My work makes a difference in peoples lives.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Barnesville, OH, Zanesville, OHOctober 9, 2017
I have the chance to work independently but also receive guidance from my peers. I love knowing my work makes a difference and I am appreciated. Each year at our National Conference I have the chance to meet a lot of new people and catch up with some familiar peers.
Pros
Moderate pace, paid vacations, training conferences
Cons
Commute
great company
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 6, 2017
This is a great company to work for. looking at my age, experience, and educational background... the pay is great for me starting off. My coworkers that property I work at is like family. When meeting employees of this company all over at national conference, you can feel the love and positive energy in the air. This company is full of employees that are passionate about their job and the residents. There is plenty room for growth throughout the organization and relocation. Upper Management make you feel comfortable to talk to them about issues if you have any. You receive recognition for your hard work and it is very rewarding.
Pros
Pay, Free lunches
Cons
healthcare, short lunch break
Great Place to Work!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 29, 2017
This is a great place to work with a true focus on the mission of serving God and serving others. There is a focus on work/life balance and I am excited to see how National Church Residences grows in the coming years!
Nonexistent management, disorganized, staff/patient ratio overload.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  First community villageSeptember 9, 2017
Atmosphere is beautiful and clean. Coworkers for the most part are friendly and helpful. Pay is average, schedule is overwhelming with 5-12hr shifts one week and two the next, never know if your hours will be cut or not do to census of the building. Management lacks direction or purpose for change of policies and is usually with last minute notice. Floor nurses are overloaded with assignments with no help from upper management, ask for help and you end up being the problem. Administrator lacks empathy for floor staff and uses poor judgement regarding ongoing issues. Staff will say they are overworked and under appreciated for extra efforts!
Pros
Environment
Cons
Management does not care about floor staff AT ALL!!!
equipment with exercise equipment for staff and patients
STNA (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHSeptember 9, 2017
walking rounds with off going staff; passed towels; about to talk to patient as I entered their area and ask if they needed any assistance; provided showers; assisted to dining area; and assisted with hour of sleep
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Management sucks.
Charge Nurse Adult Day Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 5, 2017
Management doesn't listen to workers doing day to day work. They are not interested in the clients that pay their salary. Promised things they did not, nor could not deliver.
Good place to work.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 31, 2017
They truly care about people. The upper management teams work hard to make sure all employees have a voice. They care about each person and recognize that all positions play a vital role in daily success.
Management at all levels are not trustworthy. They make promises regarding PTO and compensation and do not follow thru
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2017
ManGement at all levels are not trustworthy. They
Make promises regarding PTO and Compensation
That they have no intention of following thru....they just keep stringing you along
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Church Residences. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9