National Church Residences

National Church Residences Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work!
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, INApril 26, 2016
I enjoy my job. I love it!! I enjoy the freedom to help my residents, and build relationships with them. I would recommend it to anyone!
Interesting residents of an elderly and disabled building
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAApril 13, 2016
Typical day involved interviews with residents, entering required data into Efforts to Outcomes software, reviewing resident's documentation for SNAP and health insurance, explaining Medicare summaries, and providing info and referral as needed.

I learned a great deal about eligibility for MassHealth, SNAP benefits, SSI and AARP. I also learned to network with outside agencies to provide evidence-based programs, wellness/education presentations and health clinics.

Management and co-workers were good people!

The hardest part of the job was trying to find resources for residents who did not qualify for programs (i.e., over income).

The most enjoyable part of the job was providing residents the opportunities to attend wellness/education presentations, clinics and programs. I enjoyed doing assessments and interviews with the residents. Residents had interesting life experiences.
Pros
Enthusiatic resident who supported the Service Coordinator Program
Cons
Windowless stuffy basement office
Good place to work, slow to advance
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 13, 2016
Mission is to help seniors have a comfortable place to live. They help homeless people get their lives back to together.

Non-profit but people work long and hard to get the job done

Looking for ways to better the product
Pros
Great mission, work life balance and most of the people are enjoyable
Cons
No advancement and career development is very low
Productive and great place to work in
Bilingual Resident Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 7, 2016
Great company to work for. Their mission is one of helping and allowing people to live longer at home independently. Nonfor Profit agency home base office in Columbus, Ohio.
Pretty good place to work, my internship went well, staff was friendly
Internship (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 15, 2016
Staff was friendly and worked well together, it was obvious they put the clients first. Documentation was very highly regarded and doing things up to standard was always on everyone's minds
Unique employment opportunity
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  unspecifiedMarch 14, 2016
As a Service Coordinator, this was a unique set up for employment. In most cases, you will be contracted to work in a state other than where corporate is, and have no face to face support from your employer.
Cons
must clock in and out
Clients were very pleasant, management was easy to work for
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2016
The only problem with working for these people was that they would space your appointments far enough apart that you would not be paid for drive time or mileage.
Good Company, Bad Mgmt
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAFebruary 22, 2016
Wonderful service to veterans and the military population. Sincere employees that work hard for public servants and the military. Management; however, does not efficient communication down the ranks. Lots of favoritism and cliques. Not a healthy work environment.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Bad management
exciting work
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 17, 2016
NCR is a fun and exciting company with plenty of room for advancement and very flexible hours as well as very family oriented environment
Pros
flexible hours, great pay
Cons
high over turn
Poor work schedule
LPN (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHFebruary 2, 2016
I worked there a month and had to go. Staff is rude, patients are needy, management doesn't care. Your daily assignment is different on a daily basis, charting is overly redundant and the place is very disorganized.
Pros
Monthly schedule
House of Cards
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 1, 2016
A terribly dysfunctional organization. Terrible supervisory structure. No real support and even makes efforts to keep Service Coordinators from working together. Leadership knows very little about the actual job and what is needed to do it...and they couldn't care any less. This business model will not survive.
Pros
Indepent job
Cons
Incredibly bad management
I like the chain of command and the team
STNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  167 stygler rd ,Gahana, ohioJanuary 31, 2016
i have learned a lot at National Church Resident. i work at the "Sage" department of skilled and rehabilitation and come across different cases every single day that reminds me what i have learned at school theoretically. Skin care, general safety and to get known each resident at my assignments and becoming good team player with co-worker are the most enjoyable part of my job
Pros
Chain of command
Great Company
Assistance Property Manager/ Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHJanuary 28, 2016
The level of professionalism at National Church Residences is far beyond what I was accustomed to. The vast majority of workers are incredibly. This is a company that believes in putting family first.
Excellent company, great pay and benefits
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHJanuary 19, 2016
I worked for HCL as an assistant property manager for a year.

I had immediate and irreconcilable conflicts with my manager and left the company on my own accord, but the company overall was fantastic.
excellent, comprehensive paid training and great pay/benefits.

i wish things had been different at my property and i would've been able to remain there.
Pros
great pay, great staff, detailed training, fast paced and challenging, room for advancement
Cons
compartmentalized upper management, high pressure at times
Ncr
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHNovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed working with the staff and residents at this facility. Interacting with seniors was very educational and fulfilling.
Encouraging Corporate Officers
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 16, 2015
I have worked for National Church Residences for about 1.5 years. I have to say that I've NEVER had an employer like this one. They are not the norm as a corporation. They have a mission, a philosophy and the majority of the people I have met while with National Church live and breathe it. It's unreal. I've worked for property management companies that don't have any other management style than that of a bully. I love this company. They treat their employess, the residents and each other with respect. Their goal is never to beat you down, but to motivate and encourage. I am proud to be a member of this family, and feel bad for those individuals who are at companies that don't have supervisors that care about the individual, that don't care about a persons personal time or their self-esteem. Way to go!, National Church Residences for being an anomaly in the corporate structure. and Thank YOU!
Pros
my Regional, my VP, my Asset Manager, the President of the Company, my on-site staff
Cons
people that can't appreciate everything that is actually done with them in mind
Open Environment with Own Office
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 16, 2015
Throughout my experience with National Church Residences I have been respected by upper management and onsite staff. My typical day includes multiple computer entries, providing timely and organized reports and paperwork, handling two phone line, responding to emails, greeting residents and guest and assisting their needs, ordering materials, and filing.
Hostile work environment & bully nurses
Stna (Former Employee) –  First Community VillageOctober 16, 2015
I worked here for about a month before I quit. I've never been bullied so much at a job before. The nurses and management feel superior to you because they have letters after their last name. They talk about you behind your back and make you feel worthless. No wonder they can't keep staff, who would want to work for people like that? I'd never recommend this place to anyone for any reason.. Not to work or stay.
Pros
12 hr shifts
Cons
Everything else.
amazing place to work
STNA (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHSeptember 23, 2015
the managers are very hands on and helpful. the teamwork between the aides is very good this is a rewarding company to work for.
Great Company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 23, 2015
National Church Residences is a wonderful company and a leader in affordable senior and family housing. They are innovative in the approach they have in seeing that soon we will have a population with the majority being citizens that are over 60 and how we will care for them and provide housing and medical care to them. They are expanding their properties to provide, independent living, assisted living and a rehab/nursing home all at the same property. This greatly enhances the residents experience of every day life and health care. Mark Ricketts took the position of CEO on January 1st of this year and has been with the company for several years. The time I have worked for the company tells me that he has the experience and vision to see this company grow and improve.
Pros
Christian based company, innovative in approach to senior housing