National Cinemedia Employee Reviews

Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 10, 2017
They are restructuring. I hope it doesn't affect the culture. They have a talent for hiring really kind people. It makes for an amazing place to work, low ego high productivity. I hope they don't change their culture.
Pros
Corporate get togethers, good benefits, professional growth tracks, kind people.
Cons
New direction from leadership, disorienting.
Okay company that lacks long-term growth
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 17, 2017
Duopoly with high margins. Okay company that lacks a knowledgeable management team. Business and industry is easy to understand so not much of a challenge.
Amazed there still around
Accounts Receivables Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 26, 2017
Company has gone through many layoffs and has been purchased a couple times. Each time more people had to pack up their desks without any explanation. Company did not care about performance or who did the majority of work.
Cons
Management, Benefits, Termoil, Technology, Location
Great Culture but minor faults with compensation
Regional Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 29, 2017
National CineMedia is a great place to work, as far as the culture and the people you work with. Majority of the management are great leaders in their work groups, but there is a minor lack of collaboration across teams.
Very bad place to work
Field Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2017
My direct report sent a racist email to a field employee that I supervised it was sent to HR and was not investigated. The company continued to look away from racist comments that were made towards other employees at the company. The director of HR was close friends to the manager that repeatedly acted in a negative and racist manner. Management used employees for field upgrades then would layoff the employee.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
negative environment very racist managers and HR team
great flexibilty but low compensation
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2017
Unless you have a large territory or several strong pro-cinema agencies it is extremely challenging to make your budget and ultimately make money. HIGH churn.. very few renewals from local businesses due to lack of results.
Cons
low compensation
Field Operations Technician
Field Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2017
Average reimbursement, fast paced, but little chance for advancement.

Lots of traveling, interesting technology and experience in the Theater environment.
Great people and team mates in ALL 48 states we served.
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY/Ft. Myers, FLJuly 1, 2017
Great medium and fun job. Loved the people I worked with and my team mates. Very strong company and the leader in the cinema medium. I had a wonderful, and very happy career with NCM.
Pros
people
Cons
travel
Great people, management and pay lacking
Software Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2017
This is probably the greatest place I've worked, with a few exceptions. The people, hands down, are great. They're friendly, approachable and easy to work with. For the most part, they are all competent at their jobs and are all working to make great products. This is one of the few places I've worked where I looked forward to going to work every day because of the people I worked with.

On the downside, the pay is a bit lower than comparable jobs outside the company. As a software developer, each year you may get a bonus up to 15% of your base pay. However, it is taxed at the higher "bonus" tax rate, so you will actually see about half of it. This bonus is not guaranteed, so knowing if you'll even get it is a big unknown. One year we got two bonuses (one in December, another in January). But the mantra of the new CEO (Andy England) seems to be "cut costs, cut costs!", so they may be going away entirely.

The perks were nice. For example, every month we got a "charity half-day". It was a half-day off from work (you didn't actually have to do any charity work; you just paid $15 for the privilege). Each year, employees get a "movie pass" that lets them and a guest into a movie for free for the year. Movie posters for popular movies were also sometimes available.

The biggest bummer about the job is that there are some "golden geese"; people who you can't contradict or question. Management will always come down on their side no matter how short-sighted it is.

For software developers, working from home is rarely granted. It doesn't make a lot of sense; they have the entire
  more... infrastructure to support it. The developers who are in key positions or who have been there a long time can work from home whenever they want. If you're a new hire, don't even ask.

We all knew the pay was below comparable jobs outside the company. That is even with the tentative end-of-year bonus. Managers were so-so and sometimes unpredictable. Our manager would compliment us on our work and then yell at us for not working harder.

They like having fun, but with the new CEO, that may come to an end too. Each department held quarterly parties at fun places, but the new CEO ended those. They also used to decorate the office for Halloween and hold a contest for best decorations. No work got done that day. One employee ran a popular "Guess the Movie" game. While it didn't take a lot of your time, it was a fun way to pass a few minutes here and there throughout the day. They laid off the employee who ran it (it had nothing to do with the game, the CEO just wanted to lay off a bunch of people), so that's gone now too.

In summary, I enjoyed working there. It had some of the best people I've ever worked with. But failings in management, pay and especially the new CEO may ruin it.
Pros
Great people, great environment
Cons
New CEO Andy England is doing a good job of ruining it
Great People to Work with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
The work/life balance is what keeps a lot of people here but the compensation could be better for the location. Management is top heavy and hopefully will change in the future.
The atmosphere is great
Regional Sales Associate/Media Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 20, 2016
the people you will work with are amazing and supportive. not much room for advancement and the pay doesn't increase until you've spent some real time with the company.
A typical work Day
Field Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 25, 2016
The Best part about being a Field Tech is meeting many different people going to different sites. Having the opportunity to travel to different places
Pros
Free Movie Tickets
Cons
Advancement
Dynamic learning opportunities.
Vice President of Media Programming & Delivery (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 3, 2016
Flexible working environment, but limited company growth potential.

Creative approach to digital advertising.

Co workers very dedicated to doing a good job.
Not a place I would work again...
Networked Events Engineer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 22, 2016
Director and Vice President micro-manage to the point of absurdity with little to no trust of employees. Expect a feeling of being expendable and having your opinions mocked.
Pros
Not bad starting pay, interesting work
Cons
terrible management, odd hours
Executive Staff
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 27, 2015
Executive management team encouraged Directors to go directly over the heads of direct report without any conversation with the individual they reported to.
Dream Job
Regional Advertising Director (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJune 11, 2015
Great Company--Exciting Job. The position is very dynamic and the company culture is great. Getting to go to the movies and calling it work is incredible.
Pros
Great pay, and fun job.
Cons
miscommunication and distance from employer while working in a remote home office.
Autonomous work environment
Regional Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2015
Supportive management, casual work environment, not much advancement potential. Would recommend this company for someone looking to begin a career.
I love the company and the people there. A friend and coworker committed suicide and I just could not go in the office anymore.
Test Engineer, II (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 13, 2015
A typical workday is full of interaction with very creative and brilliant minds.
I learned the importance of teamwork and how much having people with different skill sets and ideas make Software Development both fun and productive.
For the most part management was excellent. There were a couple of bad fits through the years, but they were resolved.Management was supportive, attentive and highly professional.
The most difficult part of the job was losing my coworker/friend.
The awesome people and the great work we did.
Pros
Great benefits, annual movie pass, lots of team building and eating
Cons
It is in Lone Tree
Creative upbeat company and very competitive in the marketplace.
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 26, 2014
Upbeat company directly tied to theatre advertising with huge emphasis placed on partnering with various groups to stay current, dynamic, and #1 on the weekends in competition with other networks such as ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, etc.
Team work environment emphasizes autonomy and accountability.
Hardest sometimes is waiting on other's responses from partners in other entities or internally which causes delays and isn't always productive.
Communication with all types of people is the enjoyable part and a free movie pass.
Pros
Family oriented, free bagels on Fridays; casual day
Cons
Fast track environment requiring frequent long hour days
Growth Company
Vice President of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2014
Fathom Entertainment was recently sold to AMC, Regal and Cinemark. As part of preparing the company for sell, the BtoB division was spun off and the core BtoC business was transitioned through its sell in December 2013.
Pros
New stand-alone Company being built
Cons
Uncertainty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Cinemedia. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9