National City Employee Reviews

National City Bank wad an exceptional place to work. Unfortuneatly they were purchased by PNC Bank.
Mortgage Processor/Closer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2017
National City was an exceptional place to work. Their emploment benefits were good and their dedication to educate, train and provide the opportunity to advance was extremely high.
Closing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 23, 2017
Family feel office, nice staff, advanced technology, benefits included, ever growing company, with growth potential, clean environment. pay is not competitive
good salary and good environment
Verification Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 22, 2017
National City Bank which is now called PNC Bank is a very diverse place to work. The time off is good, benefits are also good. you can definitely advance there.
Commercial Banking
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 16, 2017
Founded in 1845 and headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, National City Corporation (now PNC) is a financial holding company with assets over $100 billion providing a full range of banking and financial services.
Very productive and fast paced work place
Data Entry Clerk/Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 10, 2017
A typical day at National City would consist of me sitting at a machine encoding tran codes, routing numbers, account numbers at the bottom of personal checks. Fridays were very business days. I always stayed busy. If I wasn't working in the proof/imaging department I would be over in mortgage. Definitely a great place to work at.
This was a great company to work for
Office Manager/Teller Supervisor/Commercial Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIMay 7, 2017
I worked at this company for 18 years. The company merged with another bank and I left. I made many connections with customers. I learned a lot about banking and auditing.
Fun and energetic
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHMay 2, 2017
I loved working at National City Bank. Banking has changed over the last 25 years but it's still the same on many levels. I can't wait to get back into it in Ohio. They were a great group to work for!
Excellent company to work for - held many positions and given many opportunities
Treasury Management Product Rollout (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN and remoteApril 28, 2017
As with Anthem, I was given many opportunities to use my skills to the full extent. I was able to grow and treated with respect as well as given flexibility to have a work / life balance. Please see resume for full details / descriptions of work experience and responsibilities.
Excellent learning opportunity
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 27, 2017
As a part of a new operational excellence team, this was a great opportunity to learn first hand about the banking industry and how to create a change management environment.
Pros
Great kowledge feed
Cons
Short term opportunity
loan provider
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2017
Good organization but I left them to start teaching which I enjoyed much more so left them to follow a better career path. No regrets at all about the job or the change.
Pros
hours
Cons
hours
Fairly simple sales and cash-handling job
Customer Service Representative (Vault Teller) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 25, 2017
Overall, I enjoyed working for National City. The workload and expectations were kept at a manageable level. A typical day would be running transactions in and out of customer's accounts; and cross-selling products and services. The management and environment is what did me in. There is a lot of politics and butt-kissing involved that just didn't sit well with me.
Not a bad place at all
Balancer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 20, 2017
I like working here a lot. unfortunately due to some medical problems with my immediate family member's, I had to quite and move out of the state in order to take care of them and when I return the company was bought out by another bank that was no longer hiring.
Pros
great people
Cons
not as many perks for off shift crew members
Customer Service and Vault teller
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, Vernon Hills, Zion and WaukeganApril 17, 2017
I was the vault teller for the Waukegan Branch(now PNC Bank). I was responsible for making sure we would have enough money for all the businesses and for all the tellers for the week. Also would ship out large amounts of cash on a weekly basis. As a teller, would sell products as needed and balance drawer on a daily basis while providing excellent customer service.
Fast-paced, but fun office
Associate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 7, 2017
Over the course of my time there, I was provided training & education in many different aspects of the bank operations.Management was always open to talk & I would help many customers daily to resolve any problem they might be having or just to lend an ear.
nice company, looking for new avenues
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 31, 2017
I worked for National City Bank for 10 years. I left to stay at home to raise my children. I loved the flexibility and the room for advancement at that time. I thought about going back to the banking industry but decided to do something outside of sales and commissions.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
working weekends
Review
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 22, 2017
I learned how to make my job easier and more organized and less complicated for others. No room for advancement without experience or a degree that specializes in Business or accounting. No full time employment and you had to be a millionaire to get a full time job with long-term benefits.
Pros
Talking
Cons
Part time job, low paying
All Business
Basic Sales & Service Rep / Annuity (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIMarch 18, 2017
Typical day at work - wondering what boss was going to have a bad day. I did learn a lot thanks to the customer service training provided by bank at various locations. Management for the most part was very unprofessional. This bank promotes within and seniority would beat out management qualification every time. Hardest part of this job was dealing with management. Didn't have too many enjoyable days.
Bought bank
ACH / EDI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 18, 2017
Worked with spreadsheets daily and projects. Learned a lot about agricultural products. Management was great. Culture very laid back and nice. Trying to get more work. Enjoyable was the different thing is worked on and learned.
Pros
was baiught
Cons
Now PNC Bank
Great company to work for. Lots of potential for growth and to learn new things.
BANK TELLER/CSR (Former Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAMarch 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at National City, the training classes were informative and easy to follow. Lots of products to learn about during down times makes the day go fast.
Pros
Benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement
Vault/Merchant Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 15, 2017
I loved this job. I liked that I was always busy. I enjoy being challenged and was definitely challenged on a daily basis. Got to meet a lot of new people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National City. Our community is ready to answer.