National City Employee Reviews in United States

Very sales oriented
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 29, 2016
National City provided the experience I needed to move up in. However, there was no training involved for the next position. Very sales oriented.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lousy work enviroment
Nice place to work for
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 19, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company up until the store was robbed After this happened I decided to look for other employment.
Great working environment
Sr. Loan Processor/Assistant Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 17, 2016
It was a good company to work for. The company sent us on many trips for meeting our goals. The employees were like family.
daily
Registration Clerk II - auditing of data entry (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OH 45342May 15, 2016
file claims w/HUD to re-coop funds for properties that are currently in default.
obtain documents needed in order to file the claim
National City was a good place to work.
Sr Trust Asst for Investment/Retirement Services (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 13, 2016
Enjoyed working in the Trust department of National City. Benefits were good and pay was average to above average. The Trust environment was a comfortable place to be and enjoyed my coworkers. The majority of our department's responsibilities were moved to the corporate office in Cleveland eliminating many local jobs.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
There is a history of takeovers in banking.
I learned professsionalism at the bank.
Teller/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIApril 6, 2016
I loved my co-workers and learned how to be professional. There was a lot of room for advancement here but at the time, pay wasn't too well. I loved my bosses.
great company with advancement opportunites
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INApril 1, 2016
This review would be the same as written for PNC Bank as National City was acquired by PNC. The culture of the two companies are very similar. As an employee, I believe the Human Resources department did an excellent job making the transition a seamless one at best.
I enjoyed working at PNC formally National City
Financial Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHMarch 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at PNC formally National City; I was there for several years and had the opportunity to learn and grow. It is now
Mortgage Loan Officer
Mortgage Loan Officer, Volusia County, FL (Former Employee) –  Volusia County and Lehigh CountyMarch 3, 2016
Leader in the mortgage banking industry. Acquired by PNC Corp in 2008. Adversely effected by the housing crisis. Realigned mortgage process and downgraded products due to the economic failure of 2008
productive place.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 3, 2016
A place where i got to touch base with a lot of technical stuff and learned hands on how development teams carry out tasks.
Unique and super place to work
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHMarch 1, 2016
Field loan originator days can be long (12+ hours), but yhey were my hours to control, My specific job allowed much telecommuting. I went to the office about one every 2 weeks.

My manager was super and did not micro manage.

Co-workers were super supporters - could not have done it without them.
Pros
Freedom and money
Cons
Heavy stress since we were dealing with people purchasing homes
Slow Paced Technical
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHFebruary 27, 2016
I would arrive there at 8am sharp which could be a number of places on campus. We worked throughout 13 different building with over 4000 employees. So i had a blackberry and an IBM laptop that I would receive tickets on. Those tickets needed to be handled and dealt with in the order we received them, 9 times out of 10 though Mrs. Butterby sees you coming down the hallway and she has a problem. She's gonna ask you on the spot even though you got places to be people to see, etc.. It was ok though because thats kinda what us Deployment Technicians and Desktop Engineers did. We did our job behind the scenes and helped Level 2 Tech Support dump their tickets as well. I liked doing it honestly, felt food to help someone with a problem no one else could figure out.
Pros
Easy going, Enjoyable, independant
Cons
sometimes too slow paced, no benefits, and only contract to contract hiring
business environment/ diverse
Banking Teller/ CSR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 18, 2016
Very good company to work for until they were bought out by another banking company who did not have the same business ideals as they did. Good Co workers.
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Company closed/ sold out/low wage
National City was a fantastic company to work for!
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Essexville, MIFebruary 8, 2016
National City is no longer in business. National City was a great company to work for. They cared about their employees as well as their customers.
friendly work place
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2016
processed teller transactions such as cashing checks making deposits to clients accounts, issuing monetary instruments such as cashiers checks money orders travelers checks etc.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
I enjoyed working in the banking enviroment
Direct Retail Sales Representative - Outbound (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at work National City Bank in the Sales Department was exciting. We contacted National City customers to find out if they were interested in getting a Equity Line of Credit, process applications, evaluate credit score. Sold credit cards and process installment loans. Set up checking, saving accounts, set up ACH deposits and withdraws.
Bank teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  ILDecember 16, 2015
I was a Bank teller assisting customers in person in the lobby, drive up, night drop, ATM, and on the phone. We would help customers with deposits, withdrawals, and payments. we could look up account numbers, order checks, verify transaction history, and refer products and services to personal bankers and Investment Reps.
Pros
Good insurance and hours
Life At National City Bank
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 14, 2015
I performed basic teller duties while supervising the other tellers. I enjoyed helping the customers. I enjoyed my coworkers and working as a team
Pros
the customers
Very enjoyable
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MONovember 22, 2015
I worked as a temp in the marketing department and then continued on until I secured another position outside of National City. They then merged to PNC.
Pros
Secure working environment
Cons
Nond
relaxed atmosphere to work, can be busy at times. nice customers.
Credit Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 22, 2015
• Maintenance of the commercial loan files for the credit administration department.
• Data base maintenance.
• Contact with other employees looking for information or loan files.
• Recorded the receipt of Personal Financial Statements, Income Tax Returns, Year-End Statements and Monthly Statements.
• Reorganized the filing system for the department.
• Maintained fax machine to assure it was always working.
Pros
nice employees