NATIONAL COLLEGE OF BUSINESS & TECHNOLOGY Employee Reviews in United States

productive work place
Document Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 10, 2016
I loved working for this company! Everyone was so nice and got alone with each other so well. I also fell in love with the students.
It was nice enviroment.
Financial Planning Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 29, 2015
It was nice to work there had a great time with the students. Some of them I still see and communicate with. Met a lot of nice people they had good programs for students trying to better educate. Night classes was nice for the working person.
productive and fun work place
Student Services (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 21, 2014
i was a student there so basically i was a educate work study student. i just l working while i was in school
Pros
love working in my field
Terrible
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, TennesseeAugust 14, 2014
This place is the worse place to work. Micro management is terrible and you never know when you will be fired. The uppers only care about getting their bonus and the numbers. They say they are not number driven, but it is a lie. All they care about are numbers no matter how bad it hurts students, employees or whomever. Campus directors are allowed to threaten you, without recourse but as admissions you are gotten rid of as soon as you make one mistake.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
High employee turnover--unpleasant work environment
Prefer not to state (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNJune 25, 2014
Not a good place to work. Very high turnover, low wages. Poor training. Very boring.
Knoxville Campus is Horrible
professor (Current Employee) –  knoxville TNApril 23, 2013
Current employee, I am the only one with over a year. Extremely high turnover, always afraid your next. Just like they treat the students, they treat the employees with disregard and replaceable as well. I truely feel for the students because they dont realize they are getting an "education" that is useless in most aspects and not recognized by many employeers due to the school's reputation.
Pros
easy
Cons
everything
National provides excellence through education
Director of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNFebruary 7, 2013
National is a great place to learn and grow for the non-traditional student as well as the supportive staff. It provides an experience that leaves the person motivated and excited about their future endeavors.
Peer Tutor
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNDecember 14, 2012
Help other students when needed wiht their class work.
How hard some instructors have it when trying to teach the class.
The Campus Director is very friendly and helpful when needed.
They help you all they can at any given time.
Getting the students to understand what I am trying to get them to learn, and be on time for their tutoring sessions.
When they finish that course and have a passing grade.
Pros
help other students when needed wiht their class work.
Cons
be on time for their tutoing sessions.
Life Changing Occupation
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2012
My overall goal is to change people's lives by giving them a chance to go to college and get the career training they need in the field they would be passionate about forever. I've learned that it's never to late to go after your dreams. I love helping people make the first step in finding a career for the rest of their lives. There are some hard parts to the job, but I always look at the positive outcome and never let it outweigh the greatness of a bright future.
Pros
changing lives
Cons
getting prospective students to come in and get information
Learned alot about how to run an office
Student Work (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNAugust 2, 2012
I worked with great people. I would take phone calls, record messages and help students wtih their schedules. I would disperse books before school, typed alot, faxed, filed, and worked on the computer putting in data.
Pros
having a job while going to school.
Cons
no real job security
Great place to teach
Legal and Business Management Instructor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 24, 2012
Campus Director is exceptional person to work with--one of the best I've ever worked with. The worst part of the job is that the national office won't allow instructors regular full-time hours. You must work another job, but in order to get more part-time hours, you must work a "split" shift. Exceptionally low salary which is not consistent with industry standards and similar business colleges, but the students make teaching rewarding. Only hires part-time teachers to avoid paying health insurance and other benefits--therefore, instructors can't get full-time work hours. Excellent updated technological instructional equipment.
Pros
excellent students who are eager to learn
Cons
high absenteeism and attrition