NATIONAL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Loved This College
Adjunct Professor, Dept. Head Instructor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 16, 2017
The college was a great place and students were awesome. Felt that the college truly cared about their employees and their students. It was a great program.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Too few classes
Great atmosphere
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNNovember 2, 2017
This job had a lot of learning to go with it. Fax, file, scan papers. Was a fill in for receptionist, in which i had to answer the phone and greet people as they came in.
Enjoyed the education environment
Escort (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 23, 2017
Was able to work and continue my education at National College pursuing my degree in IT. worked well with the staff and management. The work environment was professional.
Pros
Educational
Cons
The school closed
Negativity
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 14, 2017
This job was more of a starting point or stepping stone. Both the students as well as the professors were always negative toward any insight as to their future and it showed. This college was more a business than a learning facility.
Pros
Cons
No chance for job advancement and constant sense of negativity.
Student learning
Director Healthcare Education (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at work was mentoring students and teaching them. I learned that students have a lot of different learning capabilities and styles. There was a mixed culture among students and staff. The hardest part of the job was failing a student., The most enjoyable part was seeing a student succeed.
Pros
The pros was the success of students
Cons
The cons was student failure
Was good while it lasted
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Northeast OhioSeptember 1, 2017
National College underwent campus closings. Many classes moved to online and the college offered Master's programs. It then became a university. No close campuses to me anymore.
Pros
Set own schedule around family
Cons
campuses closed
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant/General Office (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYAugust 29, 2017
I worked primarily with the Director of Career Services: creating and maintaining student files, decorating bulletin boards, selling books, aiding in students' class scheduling, general office duties.
Pros
Was able to work around my scheduled classes
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours
good
Student Service/Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2017
I had a good experience working at National College. I learned a lot from my supervisor and met some very nice people both students and coworkers while employed at National College.
College
Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 2, 2017
Working in financial aid at the college was a great experience. You learn many things regarding higher education and financial aid practices. There were a lot of job duties working in financial aid.
National College
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2017
I was hired to teach one course and then someone quit halfway through the term and I took on their course. It was scary but fun at the same time. I had some great students. It seemed that the management team changed a lot, according to the faculty I talked with. I like the opportunity to learn how to teach.
Pros
They gave new instructors an opportunity that other schools would not
Cons
Very low pay
I enjoy teaching
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 21, 2017
it was just a temporary Adjunct position

I enjoy teaching, but it pays very low wages

poor management

Most enjoyable part of my job was teaching and interaction with the students
Pros
Student interaction
Cons
No benefits, very low wages
Terrible
Employee (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 19, 2017
This place is terrible to work for. The culture is toxic. It is a for-profit school so they enroll students that are not capable of doing the work just for the money. Most students leave there getting minimum wage jobs. They do not give raises and fire at will. They also just cut jobs when they do not deem it necessary anymore.
Company as a whole is terrible
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNMay 17, 2017
National College as a whole does not take care of employees. They do not give yearly raises . They will work with your home life, if you get a good Director that is understanding.
Pros
works with home life
Cons
no raises
Terrible Terrible Terrible
Admissions Representative/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 7, 2017
From the Campus Director to the Admissions Department - overall a HUGE disappointment due to the unethical business practices, taking advantage of the poor and uneducated lower class.
Productive and Educational Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNApril 27, 2017
Staff and faculty at the Bristol, TN campus genuinely care about the students and their educational needs and try to help them in whatever way possible so that they may further their education, provide for their families, and become successful members of the community.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Pay could be higher
Good School
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNApril 25, 2017
The professors at National College have worked in their respective fields in most cases. They have been in the trenches so to speak, and they know what you are going through. They are there to help you.
Pros
Good Professors
Cons
Poor Management
A good experience
Federal work-study (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 3, 2017
The wonderful place to work really enjoyed everyone I worked with learned a lot of new things and had a fun time doing so.
My job matched the job of a Administrative Assistant.
Pros
Environment coworkers culture
Cons
Little pay, little hours
Higher Education
FIANAICAL AID AND STUDENT SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2017
A typical day at work flows well. Management is consistent. The culture of the workplace what you make it each day. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to the ever changing trends in the market. The most enjoyable par to the job is having satisfied clients.
College courses geared around one on one teachings
Administrative Assistant to the Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Willoughby Hills, OHFebruary 23, 2017
Small college more focused on certain trades

Work atmosphere is slow paced

Management had too many turnovers

Hardest part of job was enrollment
Pros
location
Cons
healthcare
Nice job
Student Services Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 5, 2017
Although I loved working with the staff, faculty, and students, the corporate level was not as easy to work with.
They were located in another state and it made communication difficult.
Pros
good purpose to help students
Cons
corporate difficulties