NATIONAL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Great people
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 24, 2016
Great people at the campus level. Dedicated to helping the students. Tough and challenging environment at times, but still, rewarding at the end of the day.
Assisted librarian and directed phone calls, updated billboards about news/events at the college
Receptionist/library assistant (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHJuly 30, 2016
Assisted the librarian with relabeling and resorting books. I also updated the news boards about awards, vents, and holiday related decorations. I directed phone calls and welcomed visitors and shared information with them about the college.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
as it was a federal work study, there were no benefits
Productive and respectable work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work
love working here

enjoying working with the students when needing help
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Rewarding challenges and experiences
Director of Health Science Education (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 28, 2016
Each day brings new challenges and rewards. Seeing people come in and learn about a career they have chosen to work in that will help others in life is a good thing. Seeing them graduate and excel in their chosen career field is amazing. I love being able to be a part of their lives and knowing I've made an impact on their future.
Pros
Seeing lives changed
Cons
Stressful environment and situations.
Very high expectations with little resources
Career Center Director (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 22, 2016
As Career Center Director I was trusted with much autonomy after proving my skills. The Knoxville location was a great team especially when the staff became skeletal due to a diminished student body. I loved being able to go out into the community to assist graduates with job placement.
Pros
Great core team in Knoxville
Cons
High expectations with little resources
Very professional and enjoyable to work at.
Student Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 10, 2016
Room for advancement and professionall skills with assisting all students on a daily basis. Scheduled all students for in classroom or online classes,
Pros
Excellent advancement and benefits.
Cons
Job security very unpredictable due to new directors.
Excellent
Dirctor of Health Science Education (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN 46825March 27, 2016
My current position as Director of Health Science Education affords me to work directly with students in both a class room and clinical setting, as well as marketing the Medical Assistant and Pharmacy Tech program for externship sites
Pros
Clinical and class room instructor
Cons
Pleasant work environment but shoestring budget for supplies
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stow, OH 44224March 3, 2016
Enjoyed very much teaching non-traditional students. Given a lot of autonomy. No chance for being hired as part time or full time. No benefits at all therefore. Worked like that for five years. Had to get own sub teacher if off and also provide lesson plan and grades for class that you missed, but got paid ONLY for the hours you were in class teaching.
Pros
Actual job very rewarding
Cons
No benefits and no job security
enjoyable place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 21, 2016
enjoyed working with the students and the other teachers. I won the Teacher of the Year award by vote of the students of which I am most proud of.
Pros
students
Cons
uncertain of courses each semester
Nice culture
Instructor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville,TennesseeFebruary 12, 2016
Very nice culture high volume turn over in the office as with any higher education institution, the campus Director make this an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
flexability
Cons
never enough classes
Very Laid Back employer
Student Services Representative National College (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 19, 2015
Met with Students, established positive rapport and provided assistance with FAFSA
applications. Prepared third party reports including WIA, paid own way and business
tuition assistance, created sample financial aid plans, academic plans and monitored
and updated Student Ledger as needed. Informed Students of available financial aid
options including Direct Federal loans, private loans and Pell Grants. Full working
knowledge of FERPA regulations.
Stressful and no rewards
Student Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2015
You will work many hours with no pay for overtime. You will never receive a raise and the benefits cost too much where you will end up taking home nothing.They can care less about you,as long as you make sure their numbers are high.
Pros
starting pay
Cons
no pay raises, benefits
My position is wonderful and rewarding.
Program Director of Health Information Management (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHAugust 28, 2015
National College is not a bad organization to work for. The job is very busy with very little work life balance. My site and co-workers are amazing and a joy to work with. Management at my location is also great.
Pros
Somewhat flexible
Cons
Demanding low paying job that was managed for the sake of profit.
adjunt faculty (Former Employee) –  Pikeville KYAugust 23, 2015
As an adjunct faculty member I was hired to teach one night a week. There was no direction, orientation, or guidance about the schools requirements or what was expected of a new teacher.
No one was available to orient the new employees to the computer programs that this facility used to educate National Colleges students Trying to use supplies such as copying educational materials or assignments was prohibited. Immediately I noticed that everyone seemed to be scared of the college director. Her administrative style was that of a dictator who managed through intimidation rather than an as an educator. It seemed she was more concerned about any performance bonus she might receive,if there was one, than providing a conducive environment for learning. The students in my class, a large number of them, did not need to be in college but taking remedial high school classes.
Pros
staff that tried to help as much as possible
Cons
poor leadership with an emphasis it seems on profit or quality student recruitment
Not a bad job.
college level instructor (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYAugust 3, 2015
Good place to work for limited pay. The faculty and staff work well together. Most of the students seem eager to learn, and it can be flexible if you need to adjust days.
Educational place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 17, 2015
With their main office being in Roanoke, VA. there were some differences that were difficult to work with, and not having a campus director for 2 months its hard to get definite answers.
Good experience as a professor
Nurse Professor (Former Employee) –  BayamónJune 16, 2015
Teach nursing is a passion to me because a try to make of that student a dedicated, caring professional. They are my mirror.
Pros
work hours
Cons
we have work if we have students
Interesting Job
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 21, 2015
I really enjoyed teaching the students, but did not like the curriculum. The school did not have a book which was designed to teach Medical terminology the way they wanted it taught. Separating it from the anatomy and physiology was next to impossible. Then being new at teaching and having to keep track of the fact that somebody couldn't take the final because they'd missed too many classes. My biggest mistake was not realizing a student had her text open on her lap while taking the test.
Pros
I loved teaching the students
Cons
I really disliked the grading practices.
The worst work experience ever!!!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  OHMay 5, 2015
preparing for classes, learned not to trust everyone, management was poor, and co-workers were not happy. The hardest part of the job was coming in to work each morn and the most enjoyable was the hard working students that were trying so hard and leaving at the end of the day.
Pros
Do not have a response
Cons
Lots of questions?
N/a
Dirctor of Career Center (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 2, 2015
Enjoyed the people I worked with and the students. Enjoyed the services I provided for the students and culture I helped change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NATIONAL COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6