NATIONAL COLLEGE

NATIONAL COLLEGE Employer Reviews

Student
Higher Education Tutor (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 16, 2015
As a student I learned time management and the necessary things that correspond with the classes that I was taking, as well as getting on track for the State exam that lead to graduation
school
Administrative Support Work-Study Intern (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 13, 2015
The school when I started was ok. The school now can't keep teachers nor directors. they no longer have flexible schedules due to different directors and teachers
Maintained career planning and job placement for all graduates and students.
Career Placement Director (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 20, 2014
A typical day as Career Placement Director involved assisting our perspective graduates with resumes,job interview techniques, job placement, graduation requirements, and etc. I thoroughly enjoyed working with and assisting all students,preparing for upcoming career/job fairs on/off campus, as well as interacting with employers. My co-workers were very supported of me and the Career Center.
When a graduate or student was placed in a job, that was a very
gratifying part of the job for me.
National College, was a fun competetive place to work, with many opportunities for development.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 17, 2014
Pros: working in a cross-functional enviroment
Cons: evening students transportation
Outbound calls, I learned to listen, managed time, team collabrotive,
avoiding office goodies, changing someones life.
Good work / life balace
Student Services Representative (Former Employee), Canton, OHNovember 7, 2014
The hour were great and most of the staff were easy to work with. Constant struggle to keep students motivated and on track.
National College- Part of National College of Kentrucky
Department Head of HIM Academic Program (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 25, 2014
Small private college that cares about students in training them skills to be successful in a chosen field.

This position was an introduction to teaching in the college arena and I enjoyed it very much.
National College
Admission Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioOctober 24, 2014
National College expect you to call old contacts and try to set up appointments and enroll students. The major problem with this company is that they don't spend money on new leads or marketing which makes it that much harder to do your job as an Admissions Rep. Also upper management makes you feel like their are always looking over your shoulder and at a moments notice they will fire you. If you ask me, its not wroth $15 an hour.
Great place to work overall
Administrative Assistant/Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Flexibility offered while going to school, very helpful as a student and worker.
Worst workplace environment on the planet!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: monday-friday job
Cons: everything...run
If you enjoy being micromanaged to death along with job threats and being held to unreachable expectations, then this is the job for you! Working with the prospective students and staff are great, but when it comes to working with the campus director and regional it's a nightmare! This is definitely a call center environment, expected to make between 100-150 phone calls a day. You have to call new leads 2-3 times a day the first 3 days until you get cussed out. And when they say "leads" they mean the numbers and information they receive from pop ups when you apply for jobs on monster and such. The only people that enroll are walk ins and incoming inquiries. You get micromanaged to the point to where they tell you how to sit in your chair. They management listens on every conversation they have through the cubicle walls. And did I mention there is no room for growth?? Worst job I've ever had in my life. Career colleges get no respect and are slowly coming to an end. RUN FOR YOU LIFE!
National College
Director of Health Care Education (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: nice enviornment
Nice place to teach at. Co-workers are very nice, one reason why I do like to teach at National College. The hardest part of my job is when I have to say good bye to the graduates. I love meeting new students and helping them to succeed.
VERY UNORGANIZED
Student Services Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 2, 2014
NO DON'T DO IT. THIS PLACE IS A RE REVOLVING DOOR. VERY POOR MANAGEMENT. ONE MICROMANGED PLACE
OK
Receptionist (Former Employee), Salem, VAAugust 29, 2014
Good place to work.
Good place to meet people.
Good place to study.
Tutored students
Tutor (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHJuly 8, 2014
Tutoring students was nice. I was able to meet new people and the work was fairly easy.
Biggest Rip off in Education
Instructor Psychology (Current Employee), Akron, OHJune 7, 2014
The very worst place I have ever worked does not care about students or adjuncts. Pay is a joke and administration is a joke.
Only if you need work experience in Higher Ed
Admission Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 18, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, no weekends
Cons: belittling micro-managing upper management, unrealistic goals, horrible pay
Everyone and everything at the campus level is wonderful. Campus level instructors, employees, and management are intelligent and dedicated. Management above the Campus Director level is micromanaging, penny-pinching, and tyrannical! Don’t expect any real communication besides being chewed out by upper management. They take a cookie cutter approach by trying to make each campus exactly the same without considering the community the satellite campus serves. They disregard opinions from the employees who are in a position to clearly see where critical improvements can be made. Unrealistic goals are set and resources are not provided for the Campus to come close to meeting those goals. I have witnessed upper management fire people with seniority and hire less qualified people for much less pay. The turnover rate is higher than anything I have ever experienced. Expect to do about three times as much as your job description states or not have anything to do depending on the position. I would only suggest taking a job here if you are desperate for a job or cannot get into the Higher Ed field any other way.
Incredibly Inspirational workplace
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Former Employee), Stow, OHMarch 2, 2014
Pros: family freindly work schedule, incredible workplace
The students and staff created an exceptional workplace and learning environment. I felt productive and appreciated. I learned, as well as taught. I am truly a better person in many ways from my experiences here.
proactive, friendly, and focused.
Adjunct instructor of Nursing or Biology. (Former Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
Model fit indices - conducting Root Mean Square error estimation (RMSEA).
I have a hard time getting into student personal life.
Student should be reminded to be familiar with personal boundaries.
Students need to be aware of their surroundings because most of their tests and exams will come class materials and may spread to their surroundings.
I would like them to creative in their thinking.
Great Learning Experience
Student Services (Current Employee), OhioFebruary 6, 2014
National College provides a great learning experience for anyone wanting to work in higher education.
It has been a new learning experience going through my internship
Full-Time Student (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 19, 2014
Thr experience I had with my internship at Allen County Cardiology has been very rewarding. I learned a few things I needed to further my career in the medical office environment and feel very confident that it will lead to new possibilities in the future.
Student faculty interaction in the classroom
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: public interaction
Cons: part time work
Great experience in teaching the next generation of Medical Assistants.
Teaching a class that is close to being a real live setting in a Medical Assistant's day in the clinic.
I learn new things from my students every day. The hard part is to design a lesson most efficient in teaching students patient interaction and the moral and ethics involved in their healthcare profession.There is great enjoyment to observe each student's diverse point of view on their interaction with their hands on work in the classroom.

1 2 3 4