National Collegiate Scouting Association Employee Reviews

Place is good
Recruiting Coordinator/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2017
This is a great place to work and the people are friendly and its awesome. IT is really ridiculous that you MADE me type 150 characters for this I dont have that much to say.
Product is great, internally company needs alot of work.
Scout (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2016
Have been working at NCSA for more than three years now. I think I was dumb enough to stay this long. Great product, but management does not care about employees whatsoever. No work life balance, they pay is garbage unless you're right out of college or one of the ten top performers in scouting out of the 300+ that are making real money through commission. VP is a joke, they all threaten to motivate. Motivation by fear is their management style.
Pros
No pros
Cons
horrible pay, awful hours, horrible management
inside sales, false product, low pay
Scout - Sport Sales (Former Employee) –  ScoutJune 1, 2015
very little room for advancement
selling a false product
very low base and commission

Fun people, i would not recommend this due to how it's all sales, no one is really a "Scout" and thought to say that we work for every coach in America which is not true
Productive place to work.
National Scout (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2012
Would make outbound calls to prospective student-athletes.
I never felt like I helped anyone
(NCSA) Athletic Recruiting, Assistant Scout (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2012
Working at NCSA you are told you are sort of "Helping those who cant help themselves" such as getting exposure from colleges and universities. However I never felt like I helped anyone just taking advantage of parents or grandparents who would wanted to help out their kids.
Company doesn't care about employees
National Scout (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 21, 2012
The company does AWESOME things for young men and women that are looking to play a sport at the collegiate level, however, they don't treat their employees nearly as well. In my position, I am expected to work everyday (morning meetings with managers, night sales from 5p until 12a, and all weekend) (they tell us to take time off, but it's impossible with the goals handed out to us), and fear is used as the biggest motivator. 100% commission paid job, so when you take vacation, you do not get paid.

Very young organization, mostly all recent college graduates that they burn into the ground, and then they hire 15-20 more young men and women to do the same to.

If your biggest motivation is making a ton of money and sacrificing every other aspect of your life, this job is well worth it. If not, I'd look elsewhere because there's no room for career advancement either.
Pros
good money for sports oriented job
Cons
zero work/life balance. no paid time off. no room for advancement
Productive and fun workplace
Camera Operator/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2012
Loved the company and all the projects. The boss and co-wokers were great.
Pros
free food and fun work events
Cons
lots of workers who drank and smoked
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2012
A typical day was a cubicle desk with numerous lunch breaks and team work. I learned how to be a better assistant and to do PR work. I didn't always know each worker, but the ones I knew were always happy and excited. The best part was all the work parties and working with a group of people all working towards the same thing.
Pros
large well-known company.
Cons
too many outside work parties involving alcohol.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Collegiate Scouting Association. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7