National Collegiate Scouting Association

National Collegiate Scouting Association Employer Reviews

I NEVER FELT LIKE I HELPED ANYONE
(NCSA) Athletic Recruiting, Assistant Scout (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2012
Working at NCSA you are told you are sort of "Helping those who cant help themselves" such as getting exposure from colleges and universities. However I never felt like I helped anyone just taking advantage of parents or grandparents who would wanted to help out their kids.
Company doesn't care about employees
National Scout (Current Employee), ChicagoAugust 21, 2012
Pros: good money for sports oriented job
Cons: zero work/life balance. no paid time off. no room for advancement
The company does AWESOME things for young men and women that are looking to play a sport at the collegiate level, however, they don't treat their employees nearly as well. In my position, I am expected to work everyday (morning meetings with managers, night sales from 5p until 12a, and all weekend) (they tell us to take time off, but it's impossible – more... with the goals handed out to us), and fear is used as the biggest motivator. 100% commission paid job, so when you take vacation, you do not get paid.

Very young organization, mostly all recent college graduates that they burn into the ground, and then they hire 15-20 more young men and women to do the same to.

If your biggest motivation is making a ton of money and sacrificing every other aspect of your life, this job is well worth it. If not, I'd look elsewhere because there's no room for career advancement either. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Camera Operator/Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2012
Pros: free food and fun work events
Cons: lots of workers who drank and smoked
Loved the company and all the projects. The boss and co-wokers were great.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 6, 2012
Pros: large well-known company.
Cons: too many outside work parties involving alcohol.
A typical day was a cubicle desk with numerous lunch breaks and team work. I learned how to be a better assistant and to do PR work. I didn't always know each worker, but the ones I knew were always happy and excited. The best part was all the work parties and working with a group of people all working towards the same thing.