National Cooperative Bank Employee Reviews

days at work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 22, 2016
A typical day at work was always busy. I never had the time to just sit around and do nothing. I was always on my fit unloading cabinets & files, shredding unwanted documents, delivering mail, and even sending out mail. my co-workers loved me, even though i was the youngest working there, they respected me. I learned more about working Microsoft office, and i learned how to work with different races that surrounded me. The hardest part of the job was the standing and the walking, but despite that i got the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job was me learning that i could do things i thought i didn't know how to do.
Pros
ice cream socials, cookouts
NCB in Hillsboro, Ohio
Modification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHAugust 28, 2015
NCB is a good place to work for some solid banking experience. The organization is split into two main offices (though there are several offices nationwide): Arlington, VA and Hillsboro, OH. This split is very distinct and it is easy to see how the employees in Virginia are treated differently than the Ohio employees, despite NCB's best efforts.

Co-workers are mostly a pleasure to work with, though there are some people in roles of higher responsibility than they should be. Seems like a mostly normal banking workplace, no surprises here.

Worst part for me was the long commute from Cincinnati as the Ohio office is in Hillsboro which is about 1 hour from the eastern outskirts of Cincinnati. There really aren't option to live in between or closer to Hillsboro either.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Working in Hillsboro, long commute
NCB showed appreciation for their employees; picnics, parties, pro-rated vacations, birthday off with pay, sizeable performance bonuses, yearly raises
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHFebruary 7, 2016
Busy days, waiting on customers, balancing, placing currency and coin orders, preparing shipments, opening new accounts, preparing monthly schedule, surprise audits
Pros
Great manager and co-workers, individual incentive programs, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Long hours, worked almost every weekend
Incredible Benefits Package
National Loan Servicing Team (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHJune 3, 2015
One of the top 25 companies to work for in the state of OH and the benefit package is one of the main reasons. Located in a more rural area, the benefits such as insurance, retirement, and bonus structure cannot even be compared to major cities over an hour away. A diamond in the rough would be a great way to describe NCB. Don't discount the drive if you are looking for a company to plant roots at. The potential is there for growth in the coming future.
Pros
Vacation Accural, Family Sick Time, and Incredible Insurance
Cons
Yet to find one....
Not worth it if you're a progressive professional
Prefer not yo say it (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 4, 2014
In my unit, micromanagement was the rule…. hard to do something without being penalize or "embarrassed" for something else. Everyone seems to be at each one's world and the word team is almost inexistent. Compensation is poor for the level of hires they are expecting, they refuse investing in their employees but neither reward you if you do it by yourself….Really, I do not recommend to anyone with serious ambitions to progress working here…..
Pros
opportunity to learn if you are a fresh graduate professional
Cons
poor benefits, micromanagement, poor balance with personal life
Great place to work, healthy environment and lots of room for growth
SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day at National Cooperative Bank is always full interaction from different departments and responsibilities where individuals are always committed to give 100%. In addition to having a lot of work, there are also a lot of smiles and sense of truly belonging to a team. We are always helped and encouraged to keep growing mentally and physically thus they provide different programs to assist us on reaching those goals. I always feel that I work for the best company because I have learned so much based on my position in relation to technology and customer care. The most enjoyable part of the job is to know that our customers are happy and have a great image about our company. National Cooperative Bank was rated within the best five companies to work for at the Washington Post.
Pros
Always room for growth, Great Bonus!!!
Cons
NONE
Cool Company
Senior Commercial Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 15, 2013
Begin your day by enjoying your breakfast with coworker. Do your job. Very relaxed environment. Not to much stress. I learned a lot here. Closed a lot of loans, enjoyed my borrowers and coworkers. The hardest part of this job was preparing documents from scratch. The most enjoyable part was making my borrowers happy.
Pros
Location and great co-workers
Cons
Not enough vacation time
Available upon request
Loan Accountant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 18, 2013
My current position as a Loan Accountant allows me to fundamentally apply professional knowledge of accounting principles, automated systems and regulations to process a wide variety of transactions on a daily basis. The sensitive issues I handle as my primary duty is to write procedures on my job responsibilities, reconcile various cash, clearing, operating, liability and suspense accounts. On a bi-monthly basis, I meet with middle and upper management to discuss the analysis/variances on these accounts and what journal entries are needed to clear the variances before month-end. I prepare account reconciliations, posts adjusting and closing entries in the financial system (Lawson) and resolve any accounting discrepancies. Because I am a system administrator for our financial system (McCracken), I am knowledgeable of how to apply various analyses to solve many accounting discrepancies and/or problems related to our financial software. For instance, one of the sensitive analyses I perform are file maintenance requests. These requests are submitted from various users and I determine the root causes, identify trends, presents internal controls to upper management and work with teams of five or more employees to resolve system and/or user issues. These analyses sometimes include what internal controls I must present to upper management in order for the discrepancy/problem not to re-occur.
Good working conditions
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 2, 2012
Enjoyed my time there. Enjoyed working with my co workers. Good Management
One of DC's best places to work
Vice President, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 25, 2014
Great organization. Exposure to many of the inner workings of a financial institution. Diverse client portfolio=learning about many different industries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Cooperative Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

National Cooperative Bank Reviews by Location