National Cooperative Bank Employee Reviews

Productive Company
Records Imaging Specialist, Master Servicing (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, VASeptember 12, 2017
A nice place to work the atmosphere and benefits are great. A lot of employees have been there for a while because of the atmosphere and the culture.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
n/a
EXCELLENT place to work
Vice President, Corporate Communication (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2017
NCB is a highly socially conscious bank. Corporate culture strives to enhance the lives of many cooperative members around the country. I can't say enough good things about this organization.
A lot of experience to learn from and fun work envirnoment
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 2, 2017
This was a great company to work for. it primarily focused on supporting the cooperative industry and ran the company as a co-op model. Therefore, there was annual distribution to EVERY employee, even if you were a cost center. The work culture was fun.
NCB showed appreciation for their employees; picnics, parties, pro-rated vacations, birthday off with pay, sizeable performance bonuses, yearly raises
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHFebruary 7, 2016
Busy days, waiting on customers, balancing, placing currency and coin orders, preparing shipments, opening new accounts, preparing monthly schedule, surprise audits
Pros
Great manager and co-workers, individual incentive programs, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Long hours, worked almost every weekend
Senior Loan Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 27, 2015
NCB has a great culture for the employees and was a great place to go everyday. Management from top to bottom care about the employee work life balance and goes the distance to make accomodations when needed. Good pay scale for the area, benefits are great, and the location in Crystal City makes it very easy to commute with public transportation.
Pros
Benefits, People, Culture, Location
NCB in Hillsboro, Ohio
Modification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHAugust 28, 2015
NCB is a good place to work for some solid banking experience. The organization is split into two main offices (though there are several offices nationwide): Arlington, VA and Hillsboro, OH. This split is very distinct and it is easy to see how the employees in Virginia are treated differently than the Ohio employees, despite NCB's best efforts.

Co-workers are mostly a pleasure to work with, though there are some people in roles of higher responsibility than they should be. Seems like a mostly normal banking workplace, no surprises here.

Worst part for me was the long commute from Cincinnati as the Ohio office is in Hillsboro which is about 1 hour from the eastern outskirts of Cincinnati. There really aren't option to live in between or closer to Hillsboro either.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Working in Hillsboro, long commute
Incredible Benefits Package
National Loan Servicing Team (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHJune 3, 2015
One of the top 25 companies to work for in the state of OH and the benefit package is one of the main reasons. Located in a more rural area, the benefits such as insurance, retirement, and bonus structure cannot even be compared to major cities over an hour away. A diamond in the rough would be a great way to describe NCB. Don't discount the drive if you are looking for a company to plant roots at. The potential is there for growth in the coming future.
Pros
Vacation Accural, Family Sick Time, and Incredible Insurance
Cons
Yet to find one....
Great place to work, healthy environment and lots of room for growth
SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day at National Cooperative Bank is always full interaction from different departments and responsibilities where individuals are always committed to give 100%. In addition to having a lot of work, there are also a lot of smiles and sense of truly belonging to a team. We are always helped and encouraged to keep growing mentally and physically thus they provide different programs to assist us on reaching those goals. I always feel that I work for the best company because I have learned so much based on my position in relation to technology and customer care. The most enjoyable part of the job is to know that our customers are happy and have a great image about our company. National Cooperative Bank was rated within the best five companies to work for at the Washington Post.
Pros
Always room for growth, Great Bonus!!!
Cons
One of DC's best places to work
Vice President, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 25, 2014
Great organization. Exposure to many of the inner workings of a financial institution. Diverse client portfolio=learning about many different industries.
Not worth it if you're a progressive professional
Prefer not yo say it (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 4, 2014
In my unit, micromanagement was the rule…. hard to do something without being penalize or "embarrassed" for something else. Everyone seems to be at each one's world and the word team is almost inexistent. Compensation is poor for the level of hires they are expecting, they refuse investing in their employees but neither reward you if you do it by yourself….Really, I do not recommend to anyone with serious ambitions to progress working here…..
Pros
opportunity to learn if you are a fresh graduate professional
Cons
poor benefits, micromanagement, poor balance with personal life

Want to know more about National Cooperative Bank?

Ask a question
Available upon request
Loan Accountant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 18, 2013
My current position as a Loan Accountant allows me to fundamentally apply professional knowledge of accounting principles, automated systems and regulations to process a wide variety of transactions on a daily basis. The sensitive issues I handle as my primary duty is to write procedures on my job responsibilities, reconcile various cash, clearing, operating, liability and suspense accounts. On a bi-monthly basis, I meet with middle and upper management to discuss the analysis/variances on these accounts and what journal entries are needed to clear the variances before month-end. I prepare account reconciliations, posts adjusting and closing entries in the financial system (Lawson) and resolve any accounting discrepancies. Because I am a system administrator for our financial system (McCracken), I am knowledgeable of how to apply various analyses to solve many accounting discrepancies and/or problems related to our financial software. For instance, one of the sensitive analyses I perform are file maintenance requests. These requests are submitted from various users and I determine the root causes, identify trends, presents internal controls to upper management and work with teams of five or more employees to resolve system and/or user issues. These analyses sometimes include what internal controls I must present to upper management in order for the discrepancy/problem not to re-occur.
Cool Company
Senior Commercial Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 15, 2013
Begin your day by enjoying your breakfast with coworker. Do your job. Very relaxed environment. Not to much stress. I learned a lot here. Closed a lot of loans, enjoyed my borrowers and coworkers. The hardest part of this job was preparing documents from scratch. The most enjoyable part was making my borrowers happy.
Pros
Location and great co-workers
Cons
Not enough vacation time
Good working conditions