National Corporate Housing Employee Reviews

Once was a great company but losing its way
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 31, 2017
I always had a very genuine love for National. Over the years the more Oakwood Corporate Housing Employees that were hired began to change the culture of the company. The "job" is great and rewarding in its own way, but the management is what needs a revamp. You have several people in upper management (hundreds and sometimes thousands of miles away) explaining to the local office what is best locally, and unfortunately everything will not work everywhere. The local management many times are people that are not familiar with local trends and hot locations because they are hired from different states. This ultimately results in high management turnover due to under performing. Unfortunately, it isn't the new managements fault they were put into a new location without the tools to be successful. This company would prefer to higher from outside the company rather than promote within with people who understand the phenomenal culture the company once had. I learned a ton from this company and am fortunate enough to have known National before the mergers, huge upper management, and when you were family and not "a worker". Even with all this my departure was bitter sweet because I remembered what it use to be, but it was time to spread my wings to something different.
Pros
Yearly Customer Service and Account Managemet meetings out of town and Weekly Lunch
Cons
Not Appreciated, Management Turn Over, Disconnected Upper Managment, Viewed by your appearance vs. your contribution, HR Relies on Regional Managers (out of state) vs speaking with local employees
National Account Coordinator
National Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2017
I help corporate transferees find housing with our real estate agents we partner with. I will also help with rental finding assistance for customers that are not approved for rental tour. I enjoy my job and the management.
Bored!
Customer Experience Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2017
-Be ready to be bored out of your mind
-Under appreciated
-No responsibility
-Not a contributor to the companies mission
- Glorified call center position
Pros
Location from home
Cons
Manager, Simplicity of job, Technology, Environment, Salary
good company to workfor
Corporate Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FL 33028January 20, 2017
they are a family oriented company. good pay and incentives are offered. OK medical benefits. its a pretty good company to work for when you have the right management team to support you.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
management
Inconsistent Executive Leadership
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 11, 2016
As a large corporate housing company they seem to act small and not up to date with technology and working applications to handle a intense amount of Accounting transactions. This causes many issues with our partners/vendors and the Credit rating suffers.

The Executive Leadership doesn't want to listen to ideas from the field. They act on their own with very few requests for suggestions. If they have a dip in their profits the first thing to go is their associates. They don't walk the talk with their Mission statement.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Lack of respect, job stability - you wonder if they will eliminate jobs.
Demanding job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Walked corporate apartments to ensure they were ready for move in. Made up guest bags. Entered information into database. Drove to different locations.
Pros
Not many
Cons
No training. People clickish
Great Company
Market Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2016
A typical work day was very busy, many new opportunities for property development. Opportunity to grow a portfolio with support of local property management organizations. Building relationships, and investing in one another's business.

I learned so much with National and appreciate the opportunities I was able to be a part of.

Wish them all the best!
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COFebruary 5, 2016
Good people and good culture. Enjoyed working for National Corporate Housing. I was able to get involved with some different organization and different responsibilities that kept the job fun and interesting.
Pros
people, interaction with clients and vendors
Cons
have to take lunch
Love the people I worked with fun and loving
Accountant Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Herndon 20170February 1, 2016
I have not much to say at least not now. This company's location is moving to Denver. Business is going at a different direction.
Poor Coaching/Training
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  USAJune 18, 2014
Very minimal training or outline of expectations, staff is stretched very thin often requiring long, late hours. Local team is loyal and dedicated to teamwork
Pros
Teamwork w/local staff
Cons
Management coaching/training
Learn a lot,hands on learning
Accounts Payable/Audits (extern) (Former Employee) –  Norcross GaJuly 8, 2013
Prepared reports everyday for morning meetings. Checked over night voice mail messages, handled request or distribute to correct department. Filing of records, answering incoming call, prepared/maintained account files. Prepare account payable invoices and expense reports. Reconcile and investigate all account payable accounts before payment. Everyday busy with incoming calls. Learn to manage how to work through multiple distractions. Everyone worked well and pitched in when ever it was need. Small office like environment with a family feel of appreciation between everyone.
Pros
Teamwork, Communication
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 5, 2013
Overall a good place to work. Busy from the time you get to work to the time you leave
Pros
Busy
Cons
Under staffed
Quiet work environment with autonomy being the focus
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 17, 2012
Work to positively impact the merger of two organizations. As part of a small company of 120 employess, I am empowered to manage my day-to-day autonomously. Decision-making is the name of the game and cutting costs is always the focus.