National Council on Compensation Insurance Employee Reviews

Public - Private Partnership
State Relations Executive (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 10, 2017
Every day is different. This is both exhilarating and challenging. While the corporate culture is very "home office centric" efforts are being made to expand relations with the field staff.
Fun Place to work
Insuraance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 27, 2016
Very customer focused and at the same time, employee friendly. I have learned a lot about the insurance industry. The company offers great benefits and awesome time off.
The most enjoyable part of the day was the cohesive team environment
Training & Quality Specialist, Call Center (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 8, 2015
Solving complex customer issues and concerns and helping staff navigate through the system was the most rewarding part of the day. The most difficult part of my job was handling irate customers.
Pros
Excellent training program
Cons
The compensation for the amount of work/overtime did not equal out.
Resistance is Futile...you will be assimilated...
Data Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 8, 2015
The NCCI does not encourage out of the box thinkers The management has a rigid process and they do not appreciate divergence. It is old, white, stuffy insurance company culture. The management are arrogant and target individuals to bully. Trust between management and staff is negative beyond belief.

On the good side, the benefits are excellent. The building is beautiful and well kept.
Pros
Benefits and Facility
Cons
Management, Rigid and Arrogant
Quality Control
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 3, 2015
I review Assigned Risk Workers Compensation applications and phone calls to ensure that the Workers Compensation Basic Manual rules are being complied with. I will also assist our Underwriting Analysts' with difficult situations and/or questions, as well as work with NCCI's Plan Administration department on complex applications and issues. As I worked as a Business Analyst for our Assigned Risk System Support for 6 years, I will still assist in testing, writing business requirements and test cases when the need arises.
Great Benefits and good upward mobility
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 14, 2015
When I was there many years ago the work environment was friendly and the benefits were great. The postings to move up were numerous.
I thoroughly enjoyed this job going into the field 3-4 days a week and interviewing business owners on their operations.
Sr. Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 16, 2014
A typical day included mapping out random inspections around "specials" in a certain zip code. Generally I would conduct inspections 3-4 days a week and then type the information into the computer and do bookwork to submit to the office. On Fridays I typed and talked to office personnel regarding classification codes and other issues regarding my reports. I had great co-workers that I could ask any questions and if they didn't know the answer, they would research it and get back to me. I worked alone in the field unless I was training another inspector in their state or in AZ. I enjoyed the job so much I didn't find anything displeasing unless it was the travel that took me away from my family. I enjoyed the travel and meeting new people and learning about businesses. I also helped to resolve classification issues and separation of space for employees.
Pros
The freedom to schedule yourself
Cons
Time on the road away from family.
Excellent Place to work for
Tools Developer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 19, 2014
I loved working there, everyone that worked there loved working there.
Great enviornment
Data Consultant - Systems Development (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 12, 2013
Great benifits. Great work life balance. Overall great company.