National DCP Employee Reviews

No direction for the company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYFebruary 21, 2017
From the CEO down there is no direction or focus on the actual business and how it affects customers. The basis is on metrics, productivity and cutting where ever possible. There is no employee value coming from management. You are just another pon that can be placed. I do NOT recommend DCP as a company to work for!
Pros
Free coffee on job
Cons
Hours of work, treatment by management, personal life is of no value to mgmt.
Excellent Company
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJFebruary 6, 2017
One of the best overall I've worked for besides CR England. Great pay and benefits. It's unfortunate that injuries played a part in my leaving of this employer.
Best jod I've ever had
Selector (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJJanuary 14, 2017
Best job ive had thus far. Ive gotten injured there, but even on light duty they still treat you like one of the dcp family. Everyone is really friendly and makes you feel like you can climb the mountain top at this company. It feels good to know that they actually acknowledge hard workers who actually work. The only thing that I think they should change is to give the hard workers that break their backs for the company job security. They give a report card every week and if you're having an off week or whatever, or maybe two weeks with a failing card, they totally disregard the hard work you've done and will let you go. But that's a double edged sword because it does make you work harder and makes you pay closer attention to what you're doing. I got a promotion before my 90 days were up, which says that they actually see who is working and who is just climbing on the back of other employees. I wouldnt want a different job. I'd just like to keep moving up and taking care of my family. Great job and a great company who takes care of each individual employee.
Pros
Pay, advancement opprotunity, pay, the sense of family, doors always open to management if you have a problem
Cons
The only con is sometimes there are long days where you wont get to enjoy family, but that also is a pro because it means OVERTIME!!!
Rough
General Selector (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILNovember 28, 2016
Managed poorly. Benefits are average. Constant turnover of staff. Hours go from 60+ to 30 with little warning. Pay was fair and raises were consistent.
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
poor management
Fast paste job flow
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Burlington County, NJNovember 20, 2016
Once your here you'll never leave. It's really easy once you get your own system going. You get a 15 minute smoke Break every 2 hours on the clock (paid).
A great place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mokena, ILAugust 29, 2016
A great team and awesome work environment. Working with the team at NDCP has brought many challenges and as well taught many lessons. I truly enjoy working with the team as a whole.
Pros
Excellent team environment
Cons
frequent climate changes within the storage facilities
Great place to work for
Temperature Control Lead (Current Employee) –  Mokena, ILAugust 18, 2016
Had an amazing time working here even as a temp. All of the bosses are professional and experienced and all the other workes are just as professional. Good pay and good benefits.
only for people with no outside life
Selector (Current Employee) –  Mokena, ILJuly 14, 2016
the company would be good if they had better management and a actual third shift. but if you have no life outside of work this is the job for you.
Worst place to work unless you like to kiss...
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 30, 2016
Management is a joke, they don't have any idea how to manage, favoritism in the workplace. Management don't respect employee. CEO don't give a dam about turn over.
nice workplace
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 1, 2016
i would recommend this to someone else being as how everyone is helpful and nice and charismatic. Not one person was mean or angry towards me everyone treted me like family even though i was the newbie.
Typical work day at National DCP
Member services (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 18, 2015
Typical day at work was inbound calls and making sure the customer was very happy before the end of the call.
Training was very short and a new software was presented to us and we taught ourselves how to use it.
Management was not put together well. Alot of things were not in order no base foundation to balance from.
Co-workers were very good to work with, co-workers worked as team to see that everyone in the department reached their goals.
The hardest part of the job was waiting for an answer from Management to update the customer within 24hrs.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers always looked out for each other.
Pros
Free Coffee and some snacks
Cons
Everyone is a temp before becoming perm was over 6 months.
Distribution facility
Vice President of Operations - (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILSeptember 30, 2015
I made the facility a enjoyable place to work. The board of directors which are owners as well. They have no clue as to inter-workings of a distribution facility.
Hardest part of job.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlSeptember 17, 2015
Not home everyday, prefer to be home daily. I don't like being away from my family too long. I love spending quality time with my family and I am not able to do that with this job.
N/a
Driver Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 2, 2015
Very time consuming job where there is a possibility of not being at home everyday. Work in tough terrains on a daily basis, whatever the weather is, you still have to perform your daily duties during deliveries.
Pros
Great Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
Cons
Work in tough terrain conditions
Fun Place to work
Member Services and Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 22, 2015
Wonderful company to work for. Great perks..great managers. Also great benefits. Love the company will love to be back.
Deceitful and rude
Finance (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 6, 2015
This company started out pretty good when they moved to Georgia in September 2013 however, they couldn't hide their real TRUE colors for very long! Some of the managers can be very rude and try to rule by intimidation. They pretend that they want to know what the employees think but it's actually SMOKE and MIRRORS! The coffee chats and Lunch with the CEO is a true farce! They will continue business as usual which only increases their turnover which is almost 20% when the industry standard is below 10%. That alone should tell you about the company. The pay is dismal for the amount of work that they want and expect of you! If you get offered a job there...RUN don't walk away. They are HORRIBLE! There is no room for growth or advancement. Although there are employees who have stuck with them since they moved here, they are NOT worthy of promotion! But they can train the new staff that they bring in at a higher salary! Yeah...KEEP RUNNING!

Now they have a position open on their website and with staffing agencies with the same job description but the pay is different and the job title is also different so the internal employees don't realize that the job is actually one of a higher grade because it has the same job title that they have- HOW SNEAKY AND DECEITFUL!
Pros
Great Parties
Cons
Everything else
terrible communication
driver cdl (Former Employee) –  bellingham massMarch 25, 2015
Prison is better....dishonest managers and ignorance at its best.....never seen a company profit from an employee making a simple mistake like these greedy thugs....they lie and treat you like a preschooler...I can't believe what I witnessed working here....a disgrace to humanity...
Pros
free coffee
Cons
chain gang would be better
A great first step in my long career
Equipment Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, MAMarch 2, 2015
I started at the DCP as a temp. I was one of 6 team members answering phone calls from Dunkin Donut franchisees looking for equipment ranging from a motor for a blender to a crumb catcher for a bagel saber. I got really good at my job and increasingly took on more responsibilities. A position in the department opened up and I was the logical choice to fill it and I was brought on full time. I now feel there is no more room for growth, but this is a great place to start a career.
Pros
free donuts and coffee
Cons
the majority of the company relocated to Georgia
Great company
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, MAFebruary 5, 2015
This was a great company to work for. My typical work day was roughly 14 hours long. I would work at 2 am and deliver until 4-4:30 pm. The nice aspect of the job was only needing 3 days of work a week to get 40 hours. If I worked a fourth day it would be full overtime pay. I also enjoyed free coffee at the stores whenever I needed a boost. The toughest part was waking up for a 2 am work start.
Great Delivery job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJanuary 23, 2015
I have worked for the three largest food companies in the United States and this job beats them all! They only have lift gate trailer which is absolutely fantastic.
I only have good things to say about DCP.
Pros
Good equiptment excellent pay
Cons
none so far

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National DCP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7