National DCP

National DCP Employer Reviews

A great first step in my long career
Equipment Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee), Bellingham, MAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free donuts and coffee
Cons: the majority of the company relocated to georgia
I started at the DCP as a temp. I was one of 6 team members answering phone calls from Dunkin Donut franchisees looking for equipment ranging from a motor for a blender to a crumb catcher for a bagel saber. I got really good at my job and increasingly took on more responsibilities. A position in the department opened up and I was the logical choice to fill it and I was brought on full time. I now feel there is no more room for growth, but this is a great place to start a career.
Great company
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Bellingham, MAFebruary 5, 2015
This was a great company to work for. My typical work day was roughly 14 hours long. I would work at 2 am and deliver until 4-4:30 pm. The nice aspect of the job was only needing 3 days of work a week to get 40 hours. If I worked a fourth day it would be full overtime pay. I also enjoyed free coffee at the stores whenever I needed a boost. The toughest part was waking up for a 2 am work start.
Great Delivery job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Plymouth, MIJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good equiptment excellent pay
Cons: none so far
I have worked for the three largest food companies in the United States and this job beats them all! They only have lift gate trailer which is absolutely fantastic.
I only have good things to say about DCP.
good money hard work
Selector (Former Employee), Bellingham, MAOctober 28, 2014
good work place just wish is was an equal employment opportunity like is supposed to be.
Disappointing, Awful Managment, Awful Supervisors, Unorganized, Unrealistic Standards, Waste Of Time
Order Selector (Former Employee), Mokena, IllinoisOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free dunkin' donuts brand coffee.
Cons: unrealistic expectations, awful management, awful supervisors, over hired employees, no help, unorganized.
A typical day at work started out by you having to get there to clock in and first come first serve grab an order selector headset. For a small warehouse they over hired and if you can't help not being able to grab an order selector headset or electric pallet jack, the supervisors and managers will look at you like it's your fault that you did not get one even though it is their jobs to see everyone has a headset and electric pallet jack, even before the preshift meeting occurs.

The managers and supervisors will lie to you and tell you that you have 90 days to make they're 100% production quota and I was there not even 2 weeks and they fired me. If you are a slow learner, do not waste your time here. The management here expects you to kill yourself trying to make their production quota by your 3rd day on the job or in less time.

Also, they need to get organized with stage zoning. Other warehouses I worked had stage zone signs everywhere and even a computer system to tell you exactly where the product goes. This place doesn't. You have to quickly find the route number of your order(s) as fast as possible, no matter where in the warehouse before time gets wasted and your production numbers go down.

The Order Selector headphones are awful.
They do not work correctly most of the time.
also, you have to learn how to be able to read and stack items in certain ways, from the order sheets and that was pretty confusing and of course management and supervisors will talk down to you like you should have learned how to do everything there on the first day and will get rid of you anyways – more... even though your suppose to be allowed to have 90 days to learn everything such as order selecting in the freezer, cooler and dry side of the warehouse. Order Picking on the dry side of the warehouse is a big aggravating pain and if you can't meet the managements expectations as far as "moving fast" goes then they will get rid of you.

This job does nothing but cause stress and aggravation due to it's unrealistic standards, They fire people so much and people quit so much; yet the higher ups in charge and warehouse management probably wonder why the Employee Turnover rate is higher then the divorce rate in this country.

I learned nothing from this job.
My coworkers were nice.
The hardest part of this job was the unrealistic standards you have to meet (100% quota is difficult to make if you are working on the dry side section of the warehouse). Except for the free Dunkin Donuts brand coffee in the breakroom, there was nothing enjoyable about this job.

Not for honest slow learners and not for honest people who struggle to keep a job because of an employers unrealistic expectations. – less
Heavy work load and little input by managers
A/R Analyst (Current Employee), Duluth GASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: acknowledged birthdays births
Cons: did not acknowledged employees growth or accomplishments
I enjoy the job, manager was very push and unresponsive. The team I worked for was good but manager created an environment that team would compete for manager approval.
This company is a sad joke
former employee (Former Employee), DuluthJuly 24, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: low employee moral, management is incompetent and
This company moved to Duluth GA from Bellingham MA and brought all the roaches with them . Mistake number 1. The belling ham people fav line is job security , so watch your back they will smile in your face and plant the knife. They had massive lay offs(restructure) prior to the move and kept some bitter employees in Ma on the payroll that may feel their jobs are still in trouble with head operations moving to GA .Management is disrespectful , incompetent and sneaky they have know interest in learning what the employees do on a daily basis and no empathy . They have their favorites and will throw you under the bus. This is Mass company, so don't expect them to be used to diversity if you know what I mean . They do not play well with others that are different from them . This is a high stress place , that doesn't have their act together as a company . They will eventually have extremely high turn over and lawsuits if they don't invest in diversity training , and human capital retention . This isnt MA , Georgia work force has options and an educated work force .
Music School
Member Services Representative (Current Employee), Mokena, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: absolute fun
Cons: not enough pay
Worked with children and adults.. Taught piano..wasn't really a paying job
Customer Service Rep
Member Services Representative (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMay 9, 2014
Answering phones for NATDCP members.
Learned how to handle tough phone calls & how to best help the members.
Management is poor. Managers have favorites.
Co-workers are friendly but also cliquey.
Hardest part of the job is answering questions for members that have not been addressed to staff from management.
Most enjoyable part is helping people with their businesses.
Bias on recommending
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMay 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, flexibility
Cons: treatment of management
Overall Good Company, but Management sucks, they are prejudice and show favoritism
fun workplace with friendly compition
Selector (Former Employee), Westampton, NjMarch 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch and dinner sometimes
Cons: lack of consideration twords overtime
as soon as i get to work i would recieve my work ad go on get a motorized pallet jack. put my head set on and then go do the work that i recieved.
learned how to work in fast pace environment and warehouse saftey
co workers were very pleasent
picking the rate with the short amount of time i had.
the management
Productive workplace and fun co-workes. Management however leaves little to be desired.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: daily access to dunkin donuts coffee, hot chocolate and fresh pastries. sometimes lunch was available.
Cons: short breaks and having to work every saturday.
A typical work day involved majority of telephone work. Computer system was antiquated which made the repetitive nature of the job more tasking than it needed to be. For the most part with adequate training one could perform well at the daily task. Being a transplated company (from Boston), it would have helped if management transferred down with them. With the exception of two managers (one of which left before I did and the 2nd was promoted right before I left) they didn't seem to know up from down. The director was the worst, constantly wasting paper by printing and handing emails she literally just filtered/sent out to the floor. Other than that she has no involvement what so ever. The hardest part of the job was finding a manager to handle escalated calls or to just provide managerial assistance when needed, you were basically on your own. The most enjoyable part of the job was the few co-workers I interacted with.
MNS Coordinator (Former Employee), Bellingham, MANovember 12, 2013
Enjoyed the work and the people. Wished they had remained in Mass.
MNS Coordinator (Current Employee), Bellingham, MAAugust 21, 2013
You come in and everyone is so warm and inviting. You sit down and immediately begin your day. The best feeling is calming down and solving concerns of your Franchisees.
typical manual laboring
Driver/Deliverer and Selector (Former Employee), Mokena, ILMay 24, 2013
Pros: freguent meals, plenty of hours, and decent pay
Cons: long work days, poor managment relationships, poor efficiency, no room for promotion
A good company with a great goal and vast system of delivery. Poor management, but overall a decent place to work.
Good Place to work
Picker (Former Employee), West Hampton, NJMay 7, 2013
My initial duties when I arrived at work was to pick up my battery operated headset and make sure that it was fully charged. I then picked my truck left. I then began picking after receiving truck number and work list. I would converse on breaks with fellow co-workers. The hardest part of my job was meeting a daily quota. The most enjoyable part of the job was the working with good people.
productive work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Colonie, NYJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: lots of perks
Long work hours ,in all weather . six day delv schedule , liked working in hubs in syracuse and binghamton much more than warhouse setting