National Debt Relief Employee Reviews in United States

Total frat house
Citified debt specialist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 21, 2015
This is no place to get comfortable in. Just as you go in you are either let go or you just can't take the 12 to 14 hour work days and what they make feel as mandatory work on Saturdays. They expect you to eat at your desk during your one hour break they create these stupid ownership of lead rules. They assign "leads" for the day and if they don't answer your basically cold calling all day. Oh and God forbid you don't hit a quota. My advice is keep moving don't work here it's a black hole with no room for advancement.
Pros
Good AC
Cons
Terrible management
Good Starter Job. Production is Rewarded.
Debt Negotiator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Works starts prompty and continues down to the minute. One is responsible for a monthly allocation of accounts which are randomly selected and change monthly.

The objective is to generate as much money for the company while keeping the client base comfortable with the settlements constructed.

This is an aggressive company seeking rapid growth and seeks the same attitude in their negotiators.

The management is supportive. They will try to provide as much support as they can but there is no coddling. Managing so many employees leaves little time for in-depth coaching and training. Sink or Swim.

There is camaraderie among many of the negotiators. Many of the senior negotiators are helpful. The nature of the job results in many empathizing with each other and assisting one another. At the end of the day, however, it's everyone for themselves.

The deadlines and objectives can be stressful but one can adjust to the monthly grind with diligence and determination.

The most enjoyable parts of the job are the commission checks and the departmental and company celebrations for holidays and new benchmarks.
Pros
Parties and commission checks
Great Place to Work
Certified Debt Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Fantastic company culture with great benefits to match. Long hours, but you will be rewarded for time spent in the office!
Enter at your own risk!!!
Client Service Specialist (former employee) (Former Employee) –  11 Broadway 16th Floor New York, NYMay 12, 2016
Don't BELIEVE THE HYPE!!! One lie after another!!!

The description should say "we promote those we like and kisses our butts". It is NOT entirely based on merit. The place is one big revolving door. So many good, hard working people have been forced out and/or fired from this place for NO reason. People have also came in as Specialists with no knowledge of the business while getting paid more than people who are knowledgeable and far more deserving of the promotions.This job doesn't require ANY degree to accomplish the duties. There are people there with HS Diplomas as their highest grade completed.

This job CAN BE very likeable as it is NOT hard to accomplish. It is the POWERS THAT BE who make things FAR MORE DIFFICULT than it should be.

***FAIR WARNING TO THOSE APPLYING: ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN B. THIS JOB CAN SURPRISE YOU AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT AND POOF...THERE GOES YOUR LIVELIHOOD!!!
Pros
So many good people and mostly pleasant customers.
Cons
Management, favoritism, tainted bonus structures, false accusations, unprofessional work environment, lies, very unstable job security
Energetic
IAPDA Certified Debt Settlement Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2016
NDR was an energetic environment and exciting workplace but they required 10 plus hours a day. The requirement didn't allow for a healthy work/life balance.
Great culture and management
Certified Debt Specialist/Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2015
Fun place to work with extremely helpful employees/management. Pays well but also requires lots of hours to meet/exceed goals. Company is growing at a fast pace. The hardest part is trying to adapt to the massive amount of new hires aiming to take your spot. This job will make you competitive and keep you on your toes.
Pros
Environment, pay, flexible shifts
Cons
Hours, constant changes
Excellent Place to be a salesman
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2013
Having been in sales for the better part of a decade and having owned my own company I understand how hard it is to find an enjoyable yet productive sales organization to work for. The senior management has worked to design a brilliantly laid out structure that promotes an almost family style feel while ensuring that hard-work and dedication are very well rewarded. The same concepts in management have trickled down to each of the middle management team who all seem to have the same abilities to inspire dedication while still creating an open and enjoyable environment. This company is certainly going places and anyone would be lucky to be along for the ride.
Pros
flexible schedule, understanding management, inexpensive benefits, great culture
Cons
none worth mentioning
NDR is Fun, Friendly, and Rapidly Expanding!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2013
I really do enjoy working at NDR. Although it may have a dark past it truly has turned around. Now that the industry is regulated they've become more successful than ever before, growing rapidly and expanding everyday.

In fact, we are reminded constantly to be honest with our clients and have daily meetings going over any faults that were made that day.

The work place is extremely friendly and although we do work hard, loud laughing and friendly joking can be heard all over the office.

I enjoy the atmosphere, no one is ever hovering over you however we are monitored and scored. Scores aren't scary, they can be fun in a competitive way.

The office culture is laid back and everyone is really easy going. Although work must be done honestly and thoroughly it's fun because it's not hard to joke around with any co-worker sitting around you. Everyone is extremely friendly, positive, polite, and considerate.
Pros
amicable people, laid back culture, bosses care
Cons
compensation isn't amazing, but with the company growing so fast hopefully a raise is right around the corner
Didnt think I'd be back in High school
various , laterally promoted a couple times (Current Employee) –  new york, nyNovember 15, 2014
I currently work at NDR and i hope to god this review will be anonymous... You can be left alone and treated well if you produce. i have produced consistently and exceeded goals, but god forbid if your off your game one day or your boss is in a bad mood because he/she havent had a good nights sleep for whatever reason, you are the whipping boy for an indeterminite period of time.

Management comes off as employee friendly or motivational but they are mostly platitudes. Never become overly friendly with the management team, because they will use that against you, Most of their guidance is posed in a sarcastic and demeaning manner and at times verbally abusive.. Reminds me of a high school locker room

Best advice I can give you is work hard, keep your mouth shut and dont be too friendly with management.
Pros
good location, easy to maintain position if you meet goals and fly under radar
Best company I've ever been a part of
Debt Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2013
I started working for NDR this year and absolutely love it. I have yet to hear a bad thing about the company either internally or externally. Management has a unique relationship with the employees, which helps promote a relaxed yet competitive work environment. Getting used to the day-to-day tasks was easy because of the constant support around the office. Growth is apparent and I'm glad I got in when I did. Highly recommended for anyone that wants to make a positive impact and get compensated accordingly.
Pros
flexible hours, ideal work environment, great compensation
Cons
n/a
great place to grow personally aswell as professionally
credit advocate (Current Employee) –  new york nyMay 17, 2013
I started at this company almost 2 years ago. I expected a standard work environment of dog eat dog to my surprise every individual was ready and willing to help with every aspect of the position. The management here all the way to head of human resources try the absolute best to create a positive and fun place to work. If you are a hard worker who listens i would jump at the chance to interview with them not only will you gain a great career but a wonderful extended family.
Pros
staff management compensation
Cons
honestly cant think of any
Growth/Client Relations
Underwriting Manager (Current Employee) –  NEW YORK NYMay 17, 2013
This company takes care of its clients better than any I have ever worked for. On that note, they treat their employees like their clients. The management team here is one of the brightest in the industry and the growth of the company over the last couple of years just proves that point.Working with them closely I have learned more in the last two years than I would ever anticipated to in any other firm.
Pros
never have to ask for a raise
Cons
cant think of any
21 Months Experience at NDR... And Counting!
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  11 Broadway NY, NY 10004May 17, 2013
It's such an amazing feeling to know that I can experience the joy of having a career that I actually enjoy. The feeling I got when I began working for NDR was warm; my colleagues are very welcoming, judgment free and are open to any questions/concerns I may have about my position as an Underwriter, and the quality of my work. My bosses are easy to get to know, they are approachable, and do not hide in their offices all day; we're a family here, everyone knows each other, and welcome new employees, making everyone feel comfortable. I learned the value of responsibility in this company, by putting the client's that I service first in everything I do throughout the day, which ultimately benefits NDR as a whole. The hardest part of my job is being comfortable with everyday tasks as it can sometimes be robotic, the most enjoyable part of my job is hearing how happy and confident a client sounds in our program, before our conversation is complete.
Pros
direct deposit; extra paid vacation in the calendar year
A really great place to work
cerified debt counselor (Current Employee) –  NY,NYMay 17, 2013
I've been a counselor with National Debt relief for nearly a year now. The corporate culture is relaxed and friendly. Everyone functions as a team and is always ready to lend a hand and help a team mate provide the best service possible to our clients. The management sponsors friendly competitions and gives out cash and other prizes for top service and achievement on a daily basis. On Fridays, as part of dress-down day, we pitch in to support charitable organizations such as Wounded Warriors and St. Jude's Hospital. It's great to be part of such terrific group of people who give their all to help others!
Pros
free lunches and bonuses
Excellent workplace with exceptional opportunity for success!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  NYCMay 17, 2013
The company provide a very stable and professional work environment. It's truly a team here. One goal in mind...helping people and also earning a good living.

From the time you interview to the time you earn your first paycheck, the process is one that is fulfilling.

The typical work day moves fast as their is always plenty to do and your co-workers are as diverse as the great city we live in.

I have seen people promoted the second month of employment so management rewards achievers.

Apply with confidence!
Pros
great promotions always keep the office energetic
Excellent place to work!!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2013
I have just recently began my career at NDR. All I can say so far is that I love it! Everyone from the owners to employees and management are extremely helpful and friendly. I have never worked for a company that makes me really feel like an asset to the team such as NDR does. In the short time I have been here I have learned so much about not only the company but my field as well. I can't wait to further expand my knowledge and insights into the company.
Pros
friendly staff, helpful/insightful management, great location
Amazing work environment!!
Certified debt Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York,nyMay 17, 2013
so much opportunity for growth with the generous commission plan. Every month with the added bonuses and incentives the money making potential is endless. Management is hands on and in tune with employees because they choose a supervisor to promote from within the company which gives him vast first hand knowledge of being exactly where his employees are once before. The hardest part of working there is being so busy! so many clients so many opportunities to have so much income growth!! the most enjoyable part of the job is simply being an employee and watching a company grow and strive tremendously and knowing everyday that you are a part of that.
Make money, help people
sales (Current Employee) –  Financial District, NYCMay 17, 2013
This debt settlement company is dedicated to helping people get out of debt. There is a hard working culture here that is rewarded with good pay, benefits and time off. Beautiful location in Downtown NYC.
Pros
flexibility, relaxed atmosphere, unlimited pay
Cons
long work days
A second home!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  11 Broadway Suite 1300 New York, NY 10004May 17, 2013
I love National Debt Relief because of the great support I get from my peers and from the management team. I feel valued and appreciated. There are never boring days and time flies by.
Pros
great benefits, greater coworkers
Opportunity in a Team Environment!
Certified Credit Advocate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2013
I have seen this place grow and our paychecks and benefits reflected the growth as well. 401K, Health Care, Dental and Vision are a + but the people here are what makes this place awesome to be a part of. Hardest part of the job is managing your leads effectively and making sure your on pace to make $10,000 a month Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we are helping people every day.
Pros
team environment. young and friendly staff, down by battery park, gym's within proximity, good earning potential, benefits
Cons
10 hour day

4.3