National Debt Relief Employee Reviews in United States

Sales~Work Hard and it Really Does Pay! NO COLD CALLS EVER!
Certified Debt Specilist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2016
I have been in Sales for a few years now and make a decent living. I was nervous to do Sales as this was my first real Sales job per say.
This is definitley the best place I have ever worked! I admire our VP Manager of the ENTIRE Sales floor, the CEO and HR. They have come such a long way in the last few years as we expanded, that alone makes me proud to work for this company. They always keep things positive, the managers, sales floor managers are friendly and always there to help out or answer any questions you have. They are very giving and nice.They keep you motivated and on your toes they will hand hold you to be the best! They will do whatever you need to suceed if your open to it.

If you are hungry, the money is there. Awards line the hallways for those who are hungry. However, the trade off is working15 hours a day 6 days a week.You do not have to work that many hours of course but if you want to be one of the ones who make alot of money, that is how you do it.

Mind you, it is Sales and it is very hard at times especially with the luck of the draw. However, if you put in the time and effort, they do reward you nicely. The job is easy since your educating people on how debt really works but some people just arent open to education.
Pros
Fun co workers and bosses. Such a great culture and enviroment!
Cons
If you want to make serious cash..you need to be there 15hrs a day.
fun place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2016
fun place to work
everything was merit based
taught me alot about corporate america and how things function at such a high rate
Micromanaged as if adults are kids. Every single minute here must be accounted for, even using the bathroom
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2016
Not every department is the same, so I will only speak for customer service. It is an easy job to do, however it is management that makes it unbearable. They constantly implement new rules without telling employees and they get in trouble for it. You constantly feel your job is at stake and the company makes mistakes all the time and want to pin it on the customer service rep because they're at the bottom of the totem pole. They have unrealistic expectations of you working an 8 hr shift with barely any breaks and if you go to the bathroom you have to make sure that time is accounted for. If you end up working here, treat every check like your last and do not completely rely upon it. I've literally seen supervisors conspire against customer service representatives.
Pros
you get to meet a lot of people
Cons
arbitrarily applying rules
Enter at your own risk!!!
Client Service Specialist (former employee) (Former Employee) –  11 Broadway 16th Floor New York, NYMay 12, 2016
Don't BELIEVE THE HYPE!!! One lie after another!!!

The description should say "we promote those we like and kisses our butts". It is NOT entirely based on merit. The place is one big revolving door. So many good, hard working people have been forced out and/or fired from this place for NO reason. People have also came in as Specialists with no knowledge of the business while getting paid more than people who are knowledgeable and far more deserving of the promotions.This job doesn't require ANY degree to accomplish the duties. There are people there with HS Diplomas as their highest grade completed.

This job CAN BE very likeable as it is NOT hard to accomplish. It is the POWERS THAT BE who make things FAR MORE DIFFICULT than it should be.

***FAIR WARNING TO THOSE APPLYING: ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN B. THIS JOB CAN SURPRISE YOU AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT AND POOF...THERE GOES YOUR LIVELIHOOD!!!
Pros
So many good people and mostly pleasant customers.
Cons
Management, favoritism, tainted bonus structures, false accusations, unprofessional work environment, lies, very unstable job security
Energetic
IAPDA Certified Debt Settlement Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2016
NDR was an energetic environment and exciting workplace but they required 10 plus hours a day. The requirement didn't allow for a healthy work/life balance.
Good Starter Job. Production is Rewarded.
Debt Negotiator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Works starts prompty and continues down to the minute. One is responsible for a monthly allocation of accounts which are randomly selected and change monthly.

The objective is to generate as much money for the company while keeping the client base comfortable with the settlements constructed.

This is an aggressive company seeking rapid growth and seeks the same attitude in their negotiators.

The management is supportive. They will try to provide as much support as they can but there is no coddling. Managing so many employees leaves little time for in-depth coaching and training. Sink or Swim.

There is camaraderie among many of the negotiators. Many of the senior negotiators are helpful. The nature of the job results in many empathizing with each other and assisting one another. At the end of the day, however, it's everyone for themselves.

The deadlines and objectives can be stressful but one can adjust to the monthly grind with diligence and determination.

The most enjoyable parts of the job are the commission checks and the departmental and company celebrations for holidays and new benchmarks.
Pros
Parties and commission checks
Total frat house
Citified debt specialist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 21, 2015
This is no place to get comfortable in. Just as you go in you are either let go or you just can't take the 12 to 14 hour work days and what they make feel as mandatory work on Saturdays. They expect you to eat at your desk during your one hour break they create these stupid ownership of lead rules. They assign "leads" for the day and if they don't answer your basically cold calling all day. Oh and God forbid you don't hit a quota. My advice is keep moving don't work here it's a black hole with no room for advancement.
Pros
Good AC
Cons
Terrible management
Great Place to Work
Certified Debt Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Fantastic company culture with great benefits to match. Long hours, but you will be rewarded for time spent in the office!
Great culture and management
Certified Debt Specialist/Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2015
Fun place to work with extremely helpful employees/management. Pays well but also requires lots of hours to meet/exceed goals. Company is growing at a fast pace. The hardest part is trying to adapt to the massive amount of new hires aiming to take your spot. This job will make you competitive and keep you on your toes.
Pros
Environment, pay, flexible shifts
Cons
Hours, constant changes
Personal Review
Administrative Assistant/Mail Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Assertive, reliable, self-sufficient and highly valued Stock Clerk &Mailroom Clerk also Youth Counselor at an Entry level in a fast-paced environment where I can utilize my skills and grow.
Didnt think I'd be back in High school
various , laterally promoted a couple times (Current Employee) –  new york, nyNovember 15, 2014
I currently work at NDR and i hope to god this review will be anonymous... You can be left alone and treated well if you produce. i have produced consistently and exceeded goals, but god forbid if your off your game one day or your boss is in a bad mood because he/she havent had a good nights sleep for whatever reason, you are the whipping boy for an indeterminite period of time.

Management comes off as employee friendly or motivational but they are mostly platitudes. Never become overly friendly with the management team, because they will use that against you, Most of their guidance is posed in a sarcastic and demeaning manner and at times verbally abusive.. Reminds me of a high school locker room

Best advice I can give you is work hard, keep your mouth shut and dont be too friendly with management.
Pros
good location, easy to maintain position if you meet goals and fly under radar
Great Team atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2014
the team work here was great. i enjoyed seeing team members grow and being apart of that growth.
Pros
amazing growth
Cons
health care, hours
Sardines in a can
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2014
Only people who work well under pressure can work here. The amount of anxiety instilled is insane. After an intense one week training which is by far an overload of information and you pass the big test to get hired and get paid for that training week, yeah you are still not secure. They have that open door policy meaning they can sever their relationship with you at any time and vice versa. There was not enough guidance, not enough help to go around, i personally think they hire too many people and there's not enough help to go around. You have quizzes every week and you try your hardest to make sure you get good grades on the quizzes but still does not matter because at the end its an average of different categories that keeps you here. They have people scoring random calls from the Phillippines. They overload people when they turn on the dialers and while they still have the really new people with barely experience taking calls after calls after calls plus making sure you are logging the calls right in the system. That was basically pretty much like working in a sweatshop. Its like a bunch of sardines in a can. When you get hired, HR and management is welcoming and friendly and once you're there they turn a new leaf and its nothing warm about them anymore. You are constantly wondering if you will be next on the chopping block. They are busy firing people on a regular basis if there is a "list" and you need to stay above in the list. Once you reach the bottom of the list you're gone, finito, terminated. There is no coaching, no helping to improve. So my take is there will  more... always be someone at the bottom of the list, so someone will always be terminated. You are out there to fend for yourself. Being terminated and having to ask the reason for the termination is obsurd. The worst company I have ever worked for in my life. Glad its over with.  less
Unique Sales Opportunity
Certified Credit Advocate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
I worked at NDR for a year during which time I learned a great deal about the debt relief industry and counseling those in debt. The training is brief and intense and yet gave even a newcomer such as myself enough to hit the ground running. The first few months were sink or swim, but ultimately I swam my way to a pretty nice paycheck with the right level of support and motivation. The technology and apparatuses at NDR are pretty awesome. You really feel you are in the 21st century. Communicating with other departments is easy. You can make a lot of $$ at this company with the right attitude and hard work. Even though I didn't agree with everything, this company holds its sales department out as the stars of the show. One downside is that when my production decreased I began to feel burnt out and grew skeptical of the position. I feel more could have been done to salvage my strong start at this company. This was a fast pace environment with a lot of application multitasking so its different from your standard inbound call center. I was assigned leads and handled some in-bound calls and was required to dial out virtually all day. I can confidently say there is equal treatment at NDR given the universal low tolerance for BS in light of the time-money continuum there. There is a lot of quality control and all activities are on their radar. Anytime I felt pressure, I knew so did the rep next to me. The office is big and bright. They are flexible with your break routines, but do not expect to take a scheduled hour lunch every day. I never did. There are enough helpful and friendly  more... people there to make your experience lucrative and worthwhile. Managers are animated and professional with a classy sense of humor. This is a sales job where ambition and aptitude will take you further than your IQ or an impressive education.  less
Pros
earning potential, energetic work environment, benefits, on-schedule pay, sales-floor made up of smaller teams, unbeatable tech/systems
Cons
cancellations seemed higher than normal at times
A true boiler room
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 8, 2014
Seriously, just one bad review, there must be a line up around the corner of people trying to get hired here. Why are they perpetually advertising for new employees? There is little or no chance of advancement here as the "good old boys network," is truly entrenched here, albeit young and dumb but capable of kissing the right backside. They supply you with leads that can never be reached and are all over you when you do not produce. The management is right out of the movie Boiler Room and truly try to emulate the individuals depicted in the movie. There were a few professionals on staff but they were far and few between.
Pros
you did get paid when they said they were going to do so.
Cons
unprofessional staff, joked a lot about how they managed to enroll "dumb people, " lots of pressure to produce regardless of the fact the client could not afford the program.
NDR is Fun, Friendly, and Rapidly Expanding!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2013
I really do enjoy working at NDR. Although it may have a dark past it truly has turned around. Now that the industry is regulated they've become more successful than ever before, growing rapidly and expanding everyday.

In fact, we are reminded constantly to be honest with our clients and have daily meetings going over any faults that were made that day.

The work place is extremely friendly and although we do work hard, loud laughing and friendly joking can be heard all over the office.

I enjoy the atmosphere, no one is ever hovering over you however we are monitored and scored. Scores aren't scary, they can be fun in a competitive way.

The office culture is laid back and everyone is really easy going. Although work must be done honestly and thoroughly it's fun because it's not hard to joke around with any co-worker sitting around you. Everyone is extremely friendly, positive, polite, and considerate.
Pros
amicable people, laid back culture, bosses care
Cons
compensation isn't amazing, but with the company growing so fast hopefully a raise is right around the corner
Best company I've ever been a part of
Debt Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2013
I started working for NDR this year and absolutely love it. I have yet to hear a bad thing about the company either internally or externally. Management has a unique relationship with the employees, which helps promote a relaxed yet competitive work environment. Getting used to the day-to-day tasks was easy because of the constant support around the office. Growth is apparent and I'm glad I got in when I did. Highly recommended for anyone that wants to make a positive impact and get compensated accordingly.
Pros
flexible hours, ideal work environment, great compensation
Cons
n/a
Typical Day At Work
Director Of Business Development/ Head of Sales (Former Employee) –  11 BROADWAY New York, NY 10004August 19, 2013
Typical day at work starts with looking through new resumes as well as scheduling interviews in the office. Every day I learned how to better conduct interviews, answer questions like what is most important for my company and how can I achieve that. I like to keep positive relationships with my co-workers. Allowing them to feel comfortable to approach me with any work related concerns, while building personal relationships. The hardest part of my job is making sure I hire the right people for the job as well as meeting all of the deadlines. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to bring out the best in people. Motivating those around me, is a personal reward all on its own.
Total Joke Company!
Customr Svc (Former Employee) –  new yorkJune 12, 2013
Too laid back - Surprised the company still exist with the HR structure. As quick as people get hired is as quick as people get fired there. You never know when your last day will be. Bathroom smells like a trailer park. thee end.
Cons
gossip allday
Competitive
Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2013
A very competitive work environment to work around. Helping human beings get out of debt/. Coing to work 9 am to 8 pm Monday through Friday.

4.3