National Defense University

National Defense University Employer Reviews

Exercise Room workouts during lunch
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: the pros were the extrodinary people i worked for.
Cons: cons were working with people that wasn't so nice or kind. hard people pleasers.
Overall I had a very good working career at the National Defense University. I worked hard working for the Dean of Faculty's office. I kept his schedule and the entire schools academic calendar. Some days was more challenging than others, but overall was great. The hardest part of my job was schedule changes. Schedule changes had to be made right away – more... and sometimes it was early in the morning. I was required to have the schedule up and running at the beginning of the day which sometimes required me arriving extra early. I also had to be there everyday. Very little time off. I was a people pleaser. I retired with honors. I have been retired for a year and a half and now feel that I can do something part-time. – less
Productive day at work
Student Trainee (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: good lunch break, quiet enviornment
Cons: not a lot of work to stay occupied most of the day
A day at National defense University is very peaceful, calm and relaxing. I am able to get my work done without interruptions. The people at National Defense University are amazing.
Productive, good working culture, team work, hardworking staff
Resource Management Assistant (Former Employee), ACSS- EARO - US Embassy, Addis AbabaMay 28, 2014
Hard working professional staff, easy to learn new skills, team oriented environment.
Great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 17, 2014
Great place. Great place for graduate student or entry level person.
Productive and great co-workers to work with
Contractor (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 6, 2014
Pros: excellent work place and location
Cons: contract ended
Great people to work with. Excellent work place. Enjoyed working at the Defense University and my job duties. I enjoyed representing the Front Office. Greeting visitors and searching the Inernet was the best part of my day. The hardest part of the job was getting there. I had to catch a bus, subway and they provided a shuttle service to get to the location.
Intern
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 8, 2013
As an intern I only worked with one analyst there and did much of my work offsite. My adviser was very helpful and offered lots of constructive assistance during the research phase.
Productive and busy place with potential
Logistics Management Specialist/Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 27, 2013
Pros: good benefits, decent pay
Cons: too far from home
Challenging and rewarding with good potential
DOD Position
decent pay good hours
Meaningful work for a fantastic employer
Program Assistant (Contractor) (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 19, 2013
Pros: independence; the ability to work from home
Cons: a contract job with a definite end
A typical day involved performing military and defense research to be used in Pentagon documents while assisting with inter-operability programs. I learned a lot about the way the United States interacts with the military leadership of Pakistan and vice-versa.

I reported to a single program manager who oversaw all my work and allowed me to perform – more... many tasks from home. I didn't interact directly with any co-workers during the bulk of my contract.

The most difficult part of the job was providing accurate and reliable research intelligence for sensitive documents with a high security clearance. Being able to produce valuable data used by the Defense Department was very rewarding. – less
Research Associate Intern (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 8, 2013
Very nice people and place to work. The job exposes you to multiple technology and development issues faced by humanitarian people in their daily tasks.
Internship
Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 24, 2013
I worked for NESA NDU for a summer and learned a lot about the Department of Defense. The experience I had here is not comparable to any other experience I have had.
Full yime student
Student, Masters in National Resource Strategy (Former Employee), Washington DCFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: full time student
Cons: incredibly busy year
• Energy industry concentration with study of coal, gas and nuclear industries.
• Included both national and international travel to study complex energy systems.
• Thesis title: “Maintaining National Power Through Energy.”
Good experience
Research Fellow (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 13, 2012
I worked here as a research fellow while going to graduate school at George Mason full time. It was a good experience for the most part. I was fortunate to work under a great boss for the second half of my tenure at NDU and legitimately enjoyed working for him.
Excellent place to work
Academic Program Support Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 27, 2012
Pros: organizational skills were great.
Cons: no cons
Employees were wonderful, staff and students. The university was located in a convenience location.
Terrific Academic Environment
Chief of Naval Operations Chair (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 8, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule, relaxed summer schedule
Cons: dc commute
Very rewarding work educating senior military officers and government employees. Terrific lifestyle and schedule.
educational ambiance
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 6, 2012
I came across many international educators that assisted me in being able to think outside the box.
N/A
Senior Instructor (Former Employee), Taipie, TaiwanMay 2, 2012
The instructors are very knowledgeable with experience to teach strategic level high ranking officers.
FUN PLACE WITH MEETING PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT CULTURES
Translator and Instructor (Former Employee), Kabul AfghanistanDecember 2, 2014
MEETING WITH NEW PEOPLE LEARNING ABOUT DIFFERENT CULTURES,GOOD TEACHING METE RAILS, THE HARDEST PART WAS PHYSICAL TRAINING.