National Education Association

National Education Association Employer Reviews

Administrative Specialist Part Time
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great working environment, and supportive staff
Cons: part time
A typical day would include meeting with my manager, Membership Service, and discuss daily workload. Once we identified priorities, the manager delegated special jobs for me to perform i.e. review membership numbers, make sure next conferences have staffing, promotional materials, and travel/lodging requirements.

I learned from manager to be detailed and thorough when planning conferences, how to manage time, and to review plans with staff to ensure that plan is thorough.

Co-workers were great to work with. They were very helpful and supportive.

Working part time and not being completely involved in all aspects of the position.

The company would provide staff outings that really brought the staff together outside of the working environment. This made our relationships between staff even stronger.
depends on how you see it
Senior Policy Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: comp & benefits - family friendly
Cons: bureaucracy
Hard to beat compensation and benefits, opportunity for advancement is low
Great people to work with
Temporary/Part time (Current Employee), Boise, IDJuly 30, 2014
Cons: temp/part-time
I enjoy working with this company. I had no working knowledge of how a union worked prior to working here. Everyone is always willing to give a helping hand on large projects.
Good management support
Owner, Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAOctober 18, 2012
Pros: client was located in downtown dc - access to hotels, restaurants
Cons: lack of formalized change control procedures
The NEA project manager with whom I worked was very professional and committed. The hardest part of the job was getting technical staff to write DR procedures.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was able to do a good bit of my work at home - used Skype and Microsoft Live Meeting quite a bit - a very professional way to do things
Great place to work, many opportunities to grow.
Chairperson -NEA Student program (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 24, 2011
Pros: very supportive, compensation, benefits.
Cons: learning curve.
My time as the chairperson of the NEA student program was excellent. The NEA is a great place to work and grow as a person and professional.