National Entertainment Network Employee Reviews

Good Job, horrible pay, benefits, and management
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 30, 2016
Job duties are easy and you manage yourself.

Direct Manager is great, but everything above him is not, no congrats, no positive messages, everything is negative, you can do 99/100 things right and be punished for the one thing you missed.

Benefits and pay are seriously lacking.
Pros
Good schedule, easy job
Cons
Pay, Benefits, No room for growth, very inconsistent and negative atmosphere
Good company, professionally inept supervision
Route Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 19, 2016
Fun job with good perks. Some mgmt uses unethical tactics and poor leadership skills that go unchecked. Hostile work environment.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Inadequate training; poor leadership
Just a shame
Kiddie ride tech (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 12, 2016
Good company. Great job. Great crew. No HR or ethics support. What can be said about local management has been said 100 times before. Dueling is not allowed in Texas or I wouldn't have to write this.
Pros
Great creative outlet for the mechanicly and artistic .
Cons
If manager says "Good Morning." check your watch. Every effort made to stop growth.
Not a good place to work more stress no fun
Rsm (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque new mexicoOctober 20, 2015
Threatening management, unreal expectations. Worked here for almost 6 years, write ups handed out like candy, extreme micro managing, management treats employees like slaves, work work work and territory leaders sit at computer all day and monitor employee gps basically babysitters very lazy. Extremely unorganized, no team support or correct tools for job. Always having to worry about getting fired over the smallest things, nitpicking and negative environment. If you don't hit your monthly goals you are looked down upon, calling in sick is basically unexceptable, constant retaliation if you speak up and stand your ground. Small checks on 22nd and slightly larger commission checks on the tenth, basically regular $11 hr pay. All in all not a good place to work very threatening and demanding. Steer clear
Pros
Cons
Low pay, threatening management, poor benefits, negative environment
Great Company..!!
Route Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 6, 2016
Drive to assigned stores and maintain there Machines. Getting to see how other stores do business.
Hardest Part is Cleaning the Gameplay Rooms.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Salary
very good
Route Service Technician Maryland (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie MdNovember 8, 2015
very good company to work for. i enjoyed workign for this company very much. it was a very good company to work for
Great people to work for
Michigan area manager DOESNT KNOW HOW TO MANAGE PEOPLE!
territory manager (Former Employee) –  Indiana/OhioJune 30, 2015
Work hard for the Michigan area manager that does not know how to manage people for his areas, manages by intimidation and write ups do not work for this company, if you do it won't be for long.
Pros
Cons
Upper management
worked so hard for absolutely nothing!!!!
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 2, 2014
I worked my butt off for this company for almost a year doing the work that in other warehouses they have a person for each of those positions and they wouldnt give me a raise what so ever. I misplaced
revenue one time they let me go. Now they upped the pay and made a whole new position for the job I was doing, and Im not exaggerating
they let me do all the work for a tech and payed less than they are going to pay an fss. Write ups are crazy, they will write up for breathing to hard.
Pros
Job is easy.
Cons
Write ups are given like candy, Raises and advancement impossible
not a good place to work any more
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 28, 2014
The area manager in california is on a power trip he has hired and fired more people in the last two years he has very poor judjment when it comes to hiring employees this cost the company many dollars in the long run. Wasted money upper managment should ask the question what is going on he has bragged about being called the grim reaper in Arizona when he would show up in his black truck with tinted windows the employees would say who is he going to fire today , this guy is very bad for morrall
Pros
this was a nice place to work
Cons
not any more
merchandising
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILJuly 22, 2014
i would start work around 7 am and go on a route i would follow mon thru sat.. i had to fill the machines and make sure they were running properly and collect the money in a monthly basis. no money went 30 days.. i also had to do all the banking with the money and fed ex was used 5 days a week.. at the end of the month i had to do my inventory on the product i ordered and made sure all of my crane games and candy machines were full and collected for the month end..
Pros
the freedom of the job and being able to have my own machines and met allot of nice people
Cons
the job was commission if the machines didn't make money.. i didn't make money
Entertaining work that is challenging an ever-changing
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 15, 2013
A typical days work at NEN consited of repairing, removing installing, painting, and wrapping games of skill. Duties also included shipping/receiving, inventory control and collection of monies. Skills learned: trouble shooting machines as well as Dollar Bill Acceptors and Coin Mechanisms. The management was present, available and eager to have work completed. Co-workers were hardworking and willing to share ideas. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was learning the ins and outs of Rainbow Cranes, Kiddy Rides, Video Games and Bulk machines.
Work more for less
Area Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 27, 2012
The work is typical office work, there are just to many chiefs, and the health insurance is not good, and the co. just cut all sick time, employees with 5 years in, use to get 2 weeks vacation now get 8 days. Management gets to decide what federal holidays we get off, and they have only alloted for 5, not the 6 that there is. In general if you need a job it's ok, but if you plan to be somewhere long term stear clear.
Pros
working hours 7-:30 shift
Cons
health care, vacation time, sick time, working holidays
Worked my way to my position within the 11 years I worked for this company
Senior Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 24, 2013
I worked for this company for the past 11 years. Through these years, I was a Route Driver, a Senior Route Sales Merchandiser, a Team Leader, and then a Senior Territory Manager. I learned how to run a route, assortment of merchandising, handled cash daily, worked in the warehouse, and managed a team. Everything that I have learned allowed me to grow more which I made me a great trainer for any new team members.

Best part of this job is being able to work by yourself.
Fun working with toys and product, that's where it ends
Route Service Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Southern CalifJune 7, 2016
This company is getting more and more into micro managing. Constant threat of being written up or fired, for being "non-compliant". There is no sense of belonging to a company or a team, you are insignificant. No acknowledgement of birthdays or Christmas, just a form letter and gift card from corporate. Nothing at all locally. Could be just our office in Southern Calif. We get very little support from our warehouse/tech person, probably cause we are very short with staff, again. This affects the field, but they don't care because it does not affect their pay! The RSMs are paid on commission, they are on hourly or salary. Speaking of being paid on commission for a service job, not a sales job, your checks varies greatly depending on where the route is located. You can have everyone doing the same job, roughly same hours, but pay will vary greatly. All management is concerned with are revenue, and standards in case corporate does their inspections. Thing is, when you have motivated, happy employees, and they truly enjoy the job AND like and respect management, they will take care of their route better, and revenue does increase! Out here, there is very low moral, because we all are tired of constantly being dictated to-do it this way, change how you are doing, not good enough, another rule, and if you don't follow, will get a write up! Company is not people orientated at all. Benefits comply with Federal and state mandates, has a 401, but no employer contribution. Used to have little bonuses or contests, but no longer.
Pros
A special industry that is fun; company car, and a little leeway on when you start and the pace you work.
Cons
Continued stress if you are doing a good enough job; No real advancement or very rare.
Complete waste of time - RUN!
Route Service Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MichiganDecember 20, 2013
Highly unorganized company, management is constantly nitpicking and sales are drastically declining. Management adds more and more responsibilities while shrinking pay and treating employees like children. Very low morale.
Pros
Cons
Very low pay, Threatening and intimidating leadership
Miles
Route Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CaJune 3, 2015
Daily service of accounts at various retail accounts.
A great deal of daily travel.
Learned the workings and repair mechanisms on various items of the retail entertainment industry.
too much for too little
Regional Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 3, 2013
up at 4am. On the move get home about 4pm. Go, go, go... always adding more responsibilities and lessening the hours you can work. Nobody is on the same page and females don't last long...
Pros
working independently most of the time
Cons
never have time for a sit down lunch
Work independently
Route Service Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City MoNovember 21, 2014
Could be a great starter job for someone willing to work odd schedule. What all the other RSMs have reported. Micro managed, revenue centric, pay 2 times monthly and if the pay date falls on a holiday or weekend you get paid a day or two later. Too many managers, too much expected for time available in a 40 hour position. The actual job of vending and maintaining the machines can be enjoyable but support is severely lacking and training was very insufficient.
Drive 200-300 miles a day, rush to get to the bank, go back to the warehouse to sync route collections, then home in company vehicle- still feel like I'm on the job while in their vehicle, Most days were 10-12 hours start to finish but was told to keep an eye on our hours to not go over 40 a week but collect, collect, collect on the machines. ^^
You don't get bored, always something different with a variety of tasks through out the day.
Pros
Work independently without having the boss around daily. :)
Cons
Unrealistic expectations for a day of route servicing and inexperienced manager
It's an okay job
Unsupported employee (Former Employee) –  Mountain StatesJanuary 7, 2013
Company has too many managers that just don't care about supporting their team members.

A lot of people that don't really care about each other.

A decent job it you need one but don't count on being there a long time.
Run now!
Route Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 9, 2013
I have 18 years under my belt working. I have NEVER worked for such a unorganized company. I bet I could go work at McDonald's make minimum wage and be happier/under less stress.
Pros
Geez...I'm blank

2.6