National Entertainment Network

National Entertainment Network Employee Reviews

Michigan area manager DOESNT KNOW HOW TO MANAGE PEOPLE!
territory manager (Former Employee), Indiana/OhioJune 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Upper management
Work hard for the Michigan area manager that does not know how to manage people for his areas, manages by intimidation and write ups do not work for this company, if you do it won't be for long.
Miles
Route Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ontario, CaJune 3, 2015
Daily service of accounts at various retail accounts.
A great deal of daily travel.
Learned the workings and repair mechanisms on various items of the retail entertainment industry.
Work independently
Route Service Merchandiser (Current Employee), Kansas City MoNovember 21, 2014
Pros: work independently without having the boss around daily. :)
Cons: unrealistic expectations for a day of route servicing and inexperienced manager
Could be a great starter job for someone willing to work odd schedule. What all the other RSMs have reported. Micro managed, revenue centric, pay 2 times monthly and if the pay date falls on a holiday or weekend you get paid a day or two later. Too many managers, too much expected for time available in a 40 hour position. The actual job of vending and maintaining the machines can be enjoyable but support is severely lacking and training was very insufficient.
Drive 200-300 miles a day, rush to get to the bank, go back to the warehouse to sync route collections, then home in company vehicle- still feel like I'm on the job while in their vehicle, Most days were 10-12 hours start to finish but was told to keep an eye on our hours to not go over 40 a week but collect, collect, collect on the machines. ^^
You don't get bored, always something different with a variety of tasks through out the day.
worked so hard for absolutely nothing!!!!
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee), Vacaville, CANovember 2, 2014
Pros: job is easy.
Cons: write ups are given like candy, raises and advancement impossible
I worked my butt off for this company for almost a year doing the work that in other warehouses they have a person for each of those positions and they wouldnt give me a raise what so ever. I misplaced
revenue one time they let me go. Now they upped the pay and made a whole new position for the job I was doing, and Im not exaggerating
they let me do all the work for a tech and payed less than they are going to pay an fss. Write ups are crazy, they will write up for breathing to hard.
not a good place to work any more
Team leader (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: this was a nice place to work
Cons: not any more
The area manager in california is on a power trip he has hired and fired more people in the last two years he has very poor judjment when it comes to hiring employees this cost the company many dollars in the long run. Wasted money upper managment should ask the question what is going on he has bragged about being called the grim reaper in Arizona when he would show up in his black truck with tinted windows the employees would say who is he going to fire today , this guy is very bad for morrall
merchandising
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Glendale Heights, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: the freedom of the job and being able to have my own machines and met allot of nice people
Cons: the job was commission if the machines didn't make money.. i didn't make money
i would start work around 7 am and go on a route i would follow mon thru sat.. i had to fill the machines and make sure they were running properly and collect the money in a monthly basis. no money went 30 days.. i also had to do all the banking with the money and fed ex was used 5 days a week.. at the end of the month i had to do my inventory on the product i ordered and made sure all of my crane games and candy machines were full and collected for the month end..
Not terrible. Not great. Not for everybody.
Route Service Merchandiser (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 6, 2014
Pros: company vehicle, decent pay
Cons: takes too much personal time to run route effectively, don't care for management, too many hours needed to be effective.
Working with Toy cranes and kiddie rides. You get a company vehicle and are expected to run your route according to the route schedule. You can adjust your route if you need to, but what management has on-hand better match what you're doing!

You would think it'd be a "nothing but fun" job, but it's not. Honestly, it's just a job. The pay is decent, but you also earn a percentage towards commission, it's a complicated system, so your work can directly reflect your paycheck.

Because of the industry, the pay is hit or miss. If the weather is bad for a month (snow/ice) people aren't out as much. If they aren't out as much, you're not making as much money. Summertime is obviously great, but it'll still fluctuate more than I'm okay with.

It's not a bad job, it's just not for me. I don't care for the management style throughout the company and absolutely can't stand the way the corporate level handles the policies. Example:

Floating Holidays. You are required to fill out a form and turn it in for every legal holiday. Then the office must fax over the copy to corporate. Let me repeat: you are REQUIRED to fill out a form, sign it, turn it in, fax it over to take the 4th of July off. Why not just give employees a paid holiday off? It's a tremendous waste of time and resources.

I do not enjoy my job. There is no focus on moral (which, having been in management in past jobs, I feel strongly about) and I'm working between 50-60 hours a week and still not getting everything done that I need to.

I'm also a volunteer firefighter and simply do not have the time to dedicate to my position with NEN. If you want to run a good route, you're going to want to spend some personal time to keep everything organized and well-planned. I, for one, do not have this time anymore. I did, before the firefighting started. Now it's just overwhelming and ready to move forward to a different job.
work alone and freedom
Route Service Merchandiser (Current Employee), Texarkana, ArJanuary 15, 2014
really enjoy the day to day job, pay could be better and is misleading at times
Complete waste of time - RUN!
Route Service Merchandiser (Current Employee), Lansing, MichiganDecember 20, 2013
Cons: very low pay, threatening and intimidating leadership
Highly unorganized company, management is constantly nitpicking and sales are drastically declining. Management adds more and more responsibilities while shrinking pay and treating employees like children. Very low morale.
Entertaining work that is challenging an ever-changing
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 15, 2013
A typical days work at NEN consited of repairing, removing installing, painting, and wrapping games of skill. Duties also included shipping/receiving, inventory control and collection of monies. Skills learned: trouble shooting machines as well as Dollar Bill Acceptors and Coin Mechanisms. The management was present, available and eager to have work completed. Co-workers were hardworking and willing to share ideas. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was learning the ins and outs of Rainbow Cranes, Kiddy Rides, Video Games and Bulk machines.
Run now!
Route Service Merchandiser (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 9, 2013
Pros: geez...i'm blank
I have 18 years under my belt working. I have NEVER worked for such a unorganized company. I bet I could go work at McDonald's make minimum wage and be happier/under less stress.
Corporate headquarters - accounting
Former employee (Former Employee), Broomfield coMay 4, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: accounting department and executive team
Do not and I mean do not take a any job in accounting at the broomfield co.
Worked my way to my position within the 11 years I worked for this company
Senior Territory Manager (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAApril 24, 2013
I worked for this company for the past 11 years. Through these years, I was a Route Driver, a Senior Route Sales Merchandiser, a Team Leader, and then a Senior Territory Manager. I learned how to run a route, assortment of merchandising, handled cash daily, worked in the warehouse, and managed a team. Everything that I have learned allowed me to grow more which I made me a great trainer for any new team members.

Best part of this job is being able to work by yourself.
Awesome place for independent work
Route Service Manager (Former Employee), Kent, WAApril 10, 2013
I loved working here. The most enjoyable part about working here was the staff was really amazing. I loved the management system too. Really helpful people
too much for too little
Regional Service Merchandiser (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMarch 3, 2013
Pros: working independently most of the time
Cons: never have time for a sit down lunch
up at 4am. On the move get home about 4pm. Go, go, go... always adding more responsibilities and lessening the hours you can work. Nobody is on the same page and females don't last long...
It's an okay job
Unsupported employee (Former Employee), Mountain StatesJanuary 7, 2013
Company has too many managers that just don't care about supporting their team members.

A lot of people that don't really care about each other.

A decent job it you need one but don't count on being there a long time.
Work more for less
Area Office Administrator (Current Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: working hours 7-:30 shift
Cons: health care, vacation time, sick time, working holidays
The work is typical office work, there are just to many chiefs, and the health insurance is not good, and the co. just cut all sick time, employees with 5 years in, use to get 2 weeks vacation now get 8 days. Management gets to decide what federal holidays we get off, and they have only alloted for 5, not the 6 that there is. In general if you need a job it's ok, but if you plan to be somewhere long term stear clear.

National Entertainment Network Salaries