National Entertainment Network Employee Reviews

Good job, but not a career
Retail Route Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 11, 2017
Some great people working there, but upper management is unwilling to help struggling routes. You fill vending machines at local retail stores and collect money
Pros
Face paced, always moving
Cons
Poor help from company
Great work atmosphere and great co workers.
Office Assistant for Manufacturing Division (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 4, 2017
Our office atmosphere is very good. We all get along with each other and everyone knows their job, you don't have people tell you what to do. It's a work at your own pace environment and manage what you can. Our Director is pretty amazing, he's the most hands on boss I've ever met, he definitely isn't afraid to get in and get dirty with the work if it's needed. The office manager is excellent. I don't know what this company would do without her. I've learned quite a bit about being a manager and what all it entails. I thoroughly love working here but just wish the pay was higher and the opportunity for advancement was more available.
Pros
Be your own boss, work at your own pace.
Cons
short lunch
On your own
Independent Route Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 24, 2017
I worked for a lady who is now retired. She would cuss out employees over the phone. I had legitimate proof and text messages to prove all the of situations. She would figure numbers wrong and give us more than we could handle. Also on my route I would start receiving better commissions on my check and when I would progress she would change my route so that her friend would start receiving my raise. It was a terrible cycle.
Flexible schedule
Retail Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 19, 2017
A typical day involves driving to several different locations and servicing crane machines and bulk product along with cleaning machines. I can't say I learned anything new of great value from this position. Management lacked communication in all aspects of the position. Each one seemed to have their own idea on the proper way to service the machines making it difficult to utilize product effectively and efficiently not knowing for sure if certain product should be in machine or not, etc. The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain and/or fix broken machines with no training and lack of communication within. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching little kids having fun.
Nen
Route Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 21, 2017
I thought it was a good company until they suddenly laid me off. To much paperwork even off the clock, spent most of my to much time doing work for the company on my days off but overall I liked my job.
Pros
met lots of nice people
Cons
a lot of paperwork on off hours
High turnover rate
Warehouse Manager/Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 10, 2017
Company has a high turnover rate constantly expecting you to go above and beyond your normal day to day activities.
Nothing is EVER good enough. Enter at your own risk.
Great Company
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES & RISK MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 24, 2017
Really good company to work for. The culture of the Company has changed a lot from years ago and they do strive to change and make a difference. The company strives to be competitive and strives to have a work life balance
Pros
Work Life Balance
Ok job
Merchandiser and sales person (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 28, 2017
good working flexibilty working on your own, with very little supervision, can work your own hours, the only thing I dont and didnt like was no pay increase and very hard quota to meet on a monthly basis, employer expects you do clean machine drive and meet your qoute everymonth. compensation is not good. never got a rise in 8 years.
Pros
working flexibility
Cons
No paid
Something a little different
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 8, 2017
Stable work environment with good people. Generally pretty flexible related to schedule with comparable benefits and pay. It's a different atmosphere as the "product" is amusement vending.
Great for those who work better alone
Route Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARDecember 5, 2016
Loved this job for the most part. Flexible hours and your results depend mostly on how much work you put in. But if revenue is down, so is your paycheck.
Good company, professionally inept supervision
Route Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 19, 2016
Fun job with good perks. Some mgmt uses unethical tactics and poor leadership skills that go unchecked. Hostile work environment.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Inadequate training; poor leadership
Good Job, horrible pay, benefits, and management
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 30, 2016
Job duties are easy and you manage yourself.

Direct Manager is great, but everything above him is not, no congrats, no positive messages, everything is negative, you can do 99/100 things right and be punished for the one thing you missed.

Benefits and pay are seriously lacking.
Pros
Good schedule, easy job
Cons
Pay, Benefits, No room for growth, very inconsistent and negative atmosphere
Fun working with toys and product, that's where it ends
Route Service Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Southern CalifJune 7, 2016
This company is getting more and more into micro managing. Constant threat of being written up or fired, for being "non-compliant". There is no sense of belonging to a company or a team, you are insignificant. No acknowledgement of birthdays or Christmas, just a form letter and gift card from corporate. Nothing at all locally. Could be just our office in Southern Calif. We get very little support from our warehouse/tech person, probably cause we are very short with staff, again. This affects the field, but they don't care because it does not affect their pay! The RSMs are paid on commission, they are on hourly or salary. Speaking of being paid on commission for a service job, not a sales job, your checks varies greatly depending on where the route is located. You can have everyone doing the same job, roughly same hours, but pay will vary greatly. All management is concerned with are revenue, and standards in case corporate does their inspections. Thing is, when you have motivated, happy employees, and they truly enjoy the job AND like and respect management, they will take care of their route better, and revenue does increase! Out here, there is very low moral, because we all are tired of constantly being dictated to-do it this way, change how you are doing, not good enough, another rule, and if you don't follow, will get a write up! Company is not people orientated at all. Benefits comply with Federal and state mandates, has a 401, but no employer contribution. Used to have little bonuses or contests, but no longer.
Pros
A special industry that is fun; company car, and a little leeway on when you start and the pace you work.
Cons
Continued stress if you are doing a good enough job; No real advancement or very rare.
Just a shame
Kiddie ride tech (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 12, 2016
Good company. Great job. Great crew. No HR or ethics support. What can be said about local management has been said 100 times before. Dueling is not allowed in Texas or I wouldn't have to write this.
Pros
Great creative outlet for the mechanicly and artistic .
Cons
If manager says "Good Morning." check your watch. Every effort made to stop growth.
Great Company..!!
Route Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 6, 2016
Drive to assigned stores and maintain there Machines. Getting to see how other stores do business.
Hardest Part is Cleaning the Gameplay Rooms.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Salary
very good
Route Service Technician Maryland (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie MdNovember 8, 2015
very good company to work for. i enjoyed workign for this company very much. it was a very good company to work for
Great people to work for
Not a good place to work more stress no fun
Rsm (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque new mexicoOctober 20, 2015
Threatening management, unreal expectations. Worked here for almost 6 years, write ups handed out like candy, extreme micro managing, management treats employees like slaves, work work work and territory leaders sit at computer all day and monitor employee gps basically babysitters very lazy. Extremely unorganized, no team support or correct tools for job. Always having to worry about getting fired over the smallest things, nitpicking and negative environment. If you don't hit your monthly goals you are looked down upon, calling in sick is basically unexceptable, constant retaliation if you speak up and stand your ground. Small checks on 22nd and slightly larger commission checks on the tenth, basically regular $11 hr pay. All in all not a good place to work very threatening and demanding. Steer clear
Pros
Cons
Low pay, threatening management, poor benefits, negative environment
Michigan area manager DOESNT KNOW HOW TO MANAGE PEOPLE!
territory manager (Former Employee) –  Indiana/OhioJune 30, 2015
Work hard for the Michigan area manager that does not know how to manage people for his areas, manages by intimidation and write ups do not work for this company, if you do it won't be for long.
Pros
Cons
Upper management
Miles
Route Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CaJune 3, 2015
Daily service of accounts at various retail accounts.
A great deal of daily travel.
Learned the workings and repair mechanisms on various items of the retail entertainment industry.
Work independently
Route Service Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City MoNovember 21, 2014
Could be a great starter job for someone willing to work odd schedule. What all the other RSMs have reported. Micro managed, revenue centric, pay 2 times monthly and if the pay date falls on a holiday or weekend you get paid a day or two later. Too many managers, too much expected for time available in a 40 hour position. The actual job of vending and maintaining the machines can be enjoyable but support is severely lacking and training was very insufficient.
Drive 200-300 miles a day, rush to get to the bank, go back to the warehouse to sync route collections, then home in company vehicle- still feel like I'm on the job while in their vehicle, Most days were 10-12 hours start to finish but was told to keep an eye on our hours to not go over 40 a week but collect, collect, collect on the machines. ^^
You don't get bored, always something different with a variety of tasks through out the day.
Pros
Work independently without having the boss around daily. :)
Cons
Unrealistic expectations for a day of route servicing and inexperienced manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Entertainment Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9