National Envelope Employee Reviews

a great company to work for!!
Warehouse Working Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 9, 2016
making sure that all the orders are right for the days work scheduled and bringing my co workers up to speed with what happening at the company and safety problems or concerns!and helping with co workers if they need help. checking orders before the shipments are ready to be ship!!
Execlent Company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 9, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company. They had financial issues and filled bankruptcy.The people all are friendly and helpful.
Pros
Friendly work place
Cons
bankrupt
productive, fast pace
Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 20, 2016
A typical work day here was inspecting all products before leaving the factory for quality. I got along well with my coworkers, Hardest part of job was the long hours worked, I really enjoyed my job, my boss made it a fun environment.
Pros
extra breaks
they closed Nashville plant
Machine adjuster (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 5, 2015
Loved working there issue is Management closed the plant we folded Envelopes there specialty etc. open end ,booklet card guard , tyvek , string and button , clasp any sizes from 2 3/6 x 3 3/4 to 24 x30+ sizes
it was a good job
floor helper (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCNovember 4, 2015
it was close to home didn't have to travel far it had benefits and it the job keep u busy u where always doing something so it made the time go fast
Pros
got lots of overtime so paychecks where good
Cons
hot work place
Work at Atlantic/National
I handled the duties as shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYOctober 18, 2015
Learned all aspects of the shipping and receiving duties. Also duties were inventory management with cycle counts.
Working with good coworkers was enjoyable
out of business
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TnSeptember 15, 2015
out of business. This place is no longer open. I can only say it was a good job at the time. How much do I need to write here for a place that is closed?
Pros
close to home
Cons
out of business
enjoyed working with co-workers. A litlle frustrating at times
adjuster (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJune 27, 2015
Same old routine everyday, set up machines, clean machines, watch for good quality product. Had great supervisors, enjoyed dealing with them.
Pros
had good insurance, clean work areas
Cons
wworked midnights with little chance to get on days
Great place to earn good money and be self sufficient
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 12, 2015
They work long hours. Able to get overtime when needed. I learned how to multitask while operating at a fast pace. Management changed a lot. The hardest park about this job is how much they lay off their employees. They offer their employees health insurance, life insurance, 401K, and vacation time.
not much for activities management/coworkers good
Maintenance Technician/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYMarch 23, 2015
good place to work but everyone going to text and e-mails,also technology sending files ,signing docs online hurting envelope business bad but liked it there
Pros
great people /management ect
Cons
not high wages just ok and job security low because of sales
Most National Envelope plants have been shut down !!!!
employee (Former Employee) –  appletonMarch 16, 2015
This plant no longer exists! I was a longtime employee there when
It was shutdown, Cenveo purchased it from National and closed
The doors in July 2014.
Na
Department Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 1, 2015
NationalEnvelope was a great company to work for. The people were great. The management was awesome. I hated to see them close.
Pros
Salary
Machine adjuster
MACHINE ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  SHELBYVILLE,KYFebruary 22, 2015
Prepare machine for making of enevelope, qc, repair of machine and changing of parts for next job. Traveled to atlanta ga to get certified in this field.
Great learning experience
Print Production Manager /Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXFebruary 5, 2015
National envelope work travel was 500 miles, and 40+ hour week. The company was going through changes, which lead to quick training. I previous bought envelopes, now I was making them. Management and co-workers were tolerable, there were favorites and a bullying type environment. But I'm a mature person, I did my job and kept to myself. The travel it what took it's toll. The most enjoyable, is that sincere people I met are friends of mine to this date.
Pros
I learned something new
Cons
Management and processes
Productive,professional work place.
Production Manager/Graphics & Printing (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 5, 2014
Working for Cenveo / National Envelope has been very rewarding and the culture drives you to achieve more success for yourself and your coworkers.
Pros
advancement
Cons
a lot of travel. But worth it!
Process of Excellence
Sr. Manager Process Excellence (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 5, 2014
Daily work with all employees within the corporation to make thier day more production and and process oriented to best maximize thier skills and knowlegde.
Communication skills and traiing are my best areas on constant learning.
Have the opportunity to work with coworkers from all differnet areas of the corporation and learn with every conversation.
the hardest part of my job is saying no, I like to take on all challenges to come my way, but have learned that I can not do everything at the highest level of performance by saying yes to everything and have learned that deligation is at times a more poerful tool for all partied.
The best part of my job is the travel,to work with all the different facilities within the coporation
Pros
Travel
Cons
No pay raises- bad insurance
Horrible place to work
die cutter (Former Employee) –  scottdale, PANovember 2, 2014
A typical day of work would be working waaay to hard in dirty, dangerous, and hot conditions for mediocre pay. I learned quick that the management is totally corrupt and only interested in cutting corners in order to give themselves bonus checks, even if that means doubling your work load. Co-workers are generally the only good part of this wretched existence. The hardest part of the job is putting up with management and not being able to tell them where to stick this job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be at the end of your shift when you punch out.
Pros
Hostile, prison-like atmosphere
Cons
yes, lots of ex-cons work there
Fast phase work environment
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 21, 2014
Team effort and time management is the key in the Shipping department.
Company is down sizing and consoladating
Adjuster-set up man (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 6, 2014
The company was under bankruptsy and didn't order repair parts needed to keep machines working. The management didn't set the orders efficiently and the supervisors didn't know the machines and there condition. The co-workers were nice and friendly. The hardest part of the job was shortages of raw materials and parts necessary to complete the job. I enjoyed the responsibilities of working on the machines and every day was different.
Pros
working on the machines every day.
Cons
Short breaks, unresponsive management, no spare parts and raw material shortages
It was a fun place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chino, CASeptember 8, 2014
Fun getting to know more people and their background. They were safety conscience company. Unfortunately, they had their doors due to the economy.
Pros
It gave the opportunity to learn how to operate a forklift and zanbony.
Cons
working nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Envelope. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7