National Envelope Employee Reviews in United States

The location was a nice commute and the work environment was nice
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 7, 2012
My review of working at National was the excitement in learning new processes and functions. A typical day involved working with the commissions for Sales Reps as well as Contract Reps ensuring that everyone received the correct commisson payout in a timely manner. The difficult part of my job was not being able to issue payment due to reasons out of my control. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with co-workers and learning new processes.
Pros
exposure to various work assignments and employees
Cons
company stability
Good Place To Learn New Skills
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYJuly 12, 2012
A typical day at work would consist of running machines and maintaining them as well as changing out various jobs and tooling. I learned a lot about machine mechanics and how to apply measurements to products as well as various printing methods. Many of the management staff were knowledgeable and easy to work with. Working with my other co-workers was a good experience. many are helpful and good at what they do. The hardest part of the job was the working environment (heat) in the summer months. The most enjoyable part of the job was always learning something new to increase my experience.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
very noisy, very hot in the summer
Friendly Environment to work in
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Vlg, ILOctober 15, 2012
Workdays were always busy. Management was very nice to work with. Just about everybody got along, which I'm sure made it easier for employees and management. I liked my job because I knew how to do it well, so it made it a lot easier. I was very knowledgeable on our MRP system so that made it even better and easier to do the job. I was the "go to" person for other employees to come to for help. Even employees from other departments asked for my help because I knew a lot and how the system worked.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
the plant closed
Ok place to work
Machine Operator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNNovember 8, 2012
It was ok if you were of a certain persuasion, good pay & opportunity to advance.
Learned a lot about envelope production, and the small market manufacturing life.
Self centered, closed minded.
Most were pretty good people.
Division of race, and advancement in relation to the job.
Learning something i didn't know, and some of the people, and of corse having a pretty steady check.
Pros
steady work
Cons
unfair pay disparities
Decide carefully before accepting the offer!
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  EnnisJune 26, 2012
If you come in for an interview, make SURE you get a full tour of the premises. Pay attention to what kind of people are up front and giving you interviews. Observe what kind of people are supervisors. When you tour the plant, pay special attention to who's working. After that, decide where you would fit in. Be mentally prepared for work if you decide to work here.

Also, notice that there are gatorade jugs and electrolyte pops in coolers everywhere. That should clue you in to something.

For what I get paid, I could probably find a more enjoyable job somewhere, but a full benefits package started 30 days after I started working here. And in this economy, who can complain about that?
Pros
paid every week, benefits
Cons
look who's in the front and who's in the back.
Productive,professional work place.
Production Manager/Graphics & Printing (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 5, 2014
Working for Cenveo / National Envelope has been very rewarding and the culture drives you to achieve more success for yourself and your coworkers.
Pros
advancement
Cons
a lot of travel. but worth it!
Quiet Work Environment with Close Knit Co-Workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 14, 2013
A typical day at National included a morning meeting with the National Accounts representatives. I handled daily duties such as crediting and re-billing, along with quoting, placing orders and following up on orders in the morning. My afternoons were filled with shipping packages, delivering samples to the other representatives and finishing unfinished orders. I loved how everyone was so close and we were able to celebrate live with each other. The hardest thing was leaving on my last day, when my position was eliminated. My experience with this job was extremely valuable, as I learned things with billing, order entry, different types of customer interaction, and better time management.
Pros
great healthcare, exceptional job experience
Machine adjuster
MACHINE ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  SHELBYVILLE,KYFebruary 22, 2015
Prepare machine for making of enevelope, qc, repair of machine and changing of parts for next job. Traveled to atlanta ga to get certified in this field.
I HOPE the company survives a severely declining base of business
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 17, 2013
National Envelope, the countries largest producer of envelopes, sadly is undergoing a severe downturn in business as the world turns more toward internet solutions vs. mailing correspondence via envelopes. For the past 10 years the company has been undergoing a continual process of downsizing and this has made the atmosphere at all locations a very difficult place to work unfortunately. It was a GREAT company to work for 15-25 years ago. The company IS attempting to cut back to a sustainable level, but 'cutting back' is the key. Layoffs have seen literally hundreds of jobs eliminated at all levels in just the past few months. I could not in good conscience recommend National to anyone seeking long-term employment.
Pros
great people!!
Cons
business is drying up....rapidly.
A good company to work with the benefits they offer
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Scottdale, PAFebruary 23, 2013
I learn a lot with this company especially about responsibility since the line I'm working at as machine operator, they call us 'the eyes of the customers', which make me trying my best to give them the best quality of our products, otherwise we'll have unsatisfied customers which could mean a loss of them.
My co-workers are like my family, after spending most of the time in my day with them, going through a lot and time proves that they are there when I need them, it is safe to say they are part of my family.
Since right now we are in the transition of new managements, we have been going through a lot of changes, some are good, some are bad. Hopefully when they finally settle, it will be more enjoyable place to work again.
Pros
a stable company
Cons
short breaks, they keep giving us more responsibilties after they cut our wage.
High quality production.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 6, 2013
Reading detailed work order and following it to set up supplies and equipment. Next you load, run and pack product. Quality controle checks, production reports and shipping paper work needs to be done as well. The hardest part of the job is that it is very hot due to heat lamps used to dry glue very fast.
Pros
good benefits, pay and coworkers
Cons
very hot
Na
Department Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 1, 2015
NationalEnvelope was a great company to work for. The people were great. The management was awesome. I hated to see them close.
Pros
salary
Administrative Assistant/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Scottdale, PAJanuary 1, 2014
I generally worked alone and I thrived on that.
Some jobs when you come in you just ease into, my job started at a run.
Management at this location was good.
Management at the corporate level left a lot to be desired.
The co-workers were great
Pros
made a lot of friends all over the country
Cons
not a lot of advancement opportunities
Productive, fast paced.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 9, 2012
I packed and fed paper to machine-id machine was down on change-would run another or do whatever supervisor needed done.
My co-workers were a wonderful group of people.
Hardest part of my job is hard to say . I was there 37 years and could do almost everything needed.
Most enjoyable part of my job-helping co workers when possible.
Cons
short breaks
I love working at National Envelope
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 25, 2012
The people are supportive, helpful and encouraging. If you love team work you would love working here!
I love having casual fridays. You take them for granted until you lose them!!
I love working in an environment, where we all work towards the same goal and no one is trying to work against one another or keep anyone down.
absolutely horrible
machine adjustor (Former Employee) –  Scottdale,PAApril 18, 2013
Avoid this place at all costs,it is owned by gores group and all they care about is cutting pay and doubling workloads. They don't invest in taking care of their equipment and quality suffers because of it yet its employees fault. This company is def on the downturn
Pros
use to be a great company
Cons
now owned by gores group
It was a fun place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chino, CASeptember 8, 2014
Fun getting to know more people and their background. They were safety conscience company. Unfortunately, they had their doors due to the economy.
Pros
it gave the opportunity to learn how to operate a forklift and zanbony.
Cons
working nights
Terrible un-reliable company...Run fast!
Unknown (Former Employee) –  UnknownFebruary 22, 2012
Do not leave your current job for this company!! They are un-stable and will get rid of you just as fast as they hired you with no explantion at all. All of their money goes to the managers and everyone else is left wondering if they will still have a job the next day.
Cons
terrible management
Machine Operator
Folder Operator / Inspector (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJune 11, 2012
I would Operate different machines in a very high paced environment by loading paper into machines, removing finished product, box and get ready for shipping to customer while inspecting every 30 minutes and fill out required paperwork for production.
Very stressful, my work did not stay at the office it carried into my personal life.
EQ Coordinator/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 8, 2013
I enjoyed my intersactions with customers. Very fast paced, managament was great. I learned how to juggle and not drop the ball!!
Pros
met great new people
Cons
it was sold and had to be downsized.