Unfortunate downfall due to bad decisions (bought from bankruptcy twice in 3 years)
Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) – Lenexa, KS – March 23, 2014
- Reviewed paper truck orders from 8 plants (up to 660 tons/day)
- Reviewed opportunities for utilization of existing materials or aged material from other plants.
- I miss being the go to guy for questions or help from plant purchasers, customer service and management. With such a vast understanding of different departments, I was able to help when they had nobody else to turn to.
- I miss working closely with key vendors to make sure communication remained open. They appreciated that I took their needs into account.
- Being in Kansas office while corporate was in Texas, I missed being a part of high level negotiations with vendors. During last weeks of bankruptcy, however, I flew weekly to take part in a small executive team to determine daily which vendors were to be paid from a fixed bucket to keep plants running.
- I've always had complete confidence from my supervisors and respect from all departments as 'not my job' was not apart of my vocabulary.
- Regarding management, I feel it's vital to see that not all areas are black and white. Details and department input is vital and can save from decisions that on paper look like wins, but in reality can cost jobs and money.
Proprietary Paper Purchaser
Customer Service Rep
Finished Goods Inventory Manager
Being able to work closely with all departments and vendors with complete trust from management.
Being somewhat isolated from corporate office.