NATIONAL EXPRESS TRANSIT Employee Reviews

Given limited amount of time to find locations and do pickup
Paratransit Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Given time before and after scheduled pickup to be there, however. that would not include loading wheelchairs and walkers. Also, finding locations and addresses difficult. Coworkers great and passengers also.
Pros
Great riders. Buses were kept in decent working order and clean.
Cons
Lot of hours. Early start times in the morning.
Would Not Recomend
Driver (Current Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDJanuary 22, 2018
The management of this location is the worst. The leadership shows no genuine interest in the front line workers. Everything boils down to dollars and cents, and it shows. Hence the turn over rate being extremely high and the work ethic being extremely low.
Busy atmosphere
Driver (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 13, 2018
Not an ideal place to work for a individual with kids. The shifts are not meant for single mothers/fathers at all! Besides that it's a decent place to work.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Shifts/ hours
Great workplace with room for improvements
Maintenance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 13, 2017
There is plenty of room for improvement and growth. Communication is the key. The hardest part of the job is trying to get a part in that is needed immediately but will take weeks to arrive.
Stay far away if I where you
Bus Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 8, 2017
Not a place for someone who wants to drive a safe bus and be treated fairly. Management does not care about you no matter what they say to your face and safety ha that is just a slogan. just get the job done that is all they care about.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Bad management, buses not repaired properly
Video games
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 30, 2017
Monitor and assure that work was completed and drivers were out and performing their job as require by contract. A great deal of finance reviews were provided to me. The management team professional and respectful. Work place was clean, professional and hard working personnel. Accomplishing the day with limited issues was joyful.
Pros
Breakfast and Lunches to the employees was monthly
Cons
sometimes short breaks to the drivers
Public Transportation is very detailed and fast pace never a dole moment
Lead Dispatcher/ Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJune 20, 2017
Busy - driver calling off, got to cover routes, tracking buses for on time performance, taking care customers and drivers. Learned Trapeze a complex software great scheduling tool for Para. I liked Management , one exception was last Operation Manager came in and pretty much wiped out Dispatch and then didnt't even stay not cool. Very diverse byt everyone gets along for the most part good people. Was keeps routes rolling on time when were short drivers because of call offs. accidents, or break downs,I liked pretty much everybody, we all kind had a bond and worked together as a team alot going on but I'd go back in aminute I liked the fast pace and really enjoyed the Para (ADA) riders I really miss them. I miss everybodythere great bunch of people
Enjoyed the Challenges and Support
Former General Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 30, 2017
I was a General Manager for National Express and enjoyed every minute of it. Like many fast growing companies there are hiccups along the way. What matters is how you manage those hiccups, learn from them and improve performance.
Pros
Operations Leadership
Cons
Nothing you wouldn't experience elsewhere
Depressing and stressful work enviroment.
Paratransit Driver (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAApril 7, 2017
You may enjoy employment in the paratransit division if you are good at driving while distracted. Dispatch will call you just to tell you that you aren't on time, smiley messages from management saying how wonderful someone is, automated messages that inform you that you may be late for a pickup. All of these things not only distract but cause your GPS to minimize to the system tray. This amplifies the stress of keeping one eye on the people you are hauling, whether it be a load of methadone clinic patients or intellectually disabled students.

The Shuttle buses you are expected to drive are not made for the speeds you would be required to achieve in order to make it to a pickup location on time, yet speeding is don't ask don't tell. The ride is similar to a hay wagon since the vehicles are rarely ever worked on.

If you can stand these thing then the blatant waste of money may bother you, when picking up a single person in an e-450 and taking them from Latrobe to Pittsburgh, when it could have easily been done in a sedan.

On the plus side You will receive a yearly raise of around 2% which equals out to around 22 cents. 10 days of vacation. 7 sick days a year, but you may receive punishment for using them such as being scheduled 'off' the following day, or having your route changed without being told.
Pros
Nice little old ladies, you will receive a yearly raise of around 2%, 10 days of vacation, 7 sick days a year.
Cons
Rude, invasive, sometimes awful smelling dispatchers/clients, Not paid based on performance, You will never have a set schedule.
National Express is a great company
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMarch 26, 2017
I would meet a lot of people Handicapped and Disabled they were fun to be around. Licking county Transit is a contractor and the are so disorganized ..
Pros
working with handicapped people
Cons
sub contracting with Licking County Transit

Want to know more about NATIONAL EXPRESS TRANSIT?

Ask a question
Reviews are written by managers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMarch 21, 2017
I look back on my experience working at National express. The reviews don't match. Most people were grumpy and miserable, irritable. So did management write the reviews?
Pros
Low pay, impossible schedule, irratable boss
Cons
Wake up at 4 am to drive drug addicts to testing
Fun & Fast Paced!
Vice President (Current Employee) –  RegionalMarch 6, 2017
Working at National Express is fast paced and exciting. Every day is different and there is a lot of passion around our growth! I feel valued here and the work is fulfilling. Our transit organization is primed for growth and we are building partnerships and changing lives for the better along the way. Journey On!
Pros
Cons
Challenging Industry
Enjoying my job!
Executive Vice President, Trinity (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIFebruary 25, 2017
Trinity Transportation was acquired by National Express a short time ago. Since the acquisition, the National Express team has been fabulous to work with! I enjoy knowing that the National Express values align perfectly with the values of our previous owner. I am very excited about the future growth potential with NE!
Pros
Excellent Management support for any issues that arise.
Cons
None so far
Growing company
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 25, 2017
Been growing fast over the last year. Great opportunities for those who are mobile and want to advance their career. Loads of communication centrally on what is going on.
Pros
Loads of opportunities. Flat organization structure. Really feel part of the team.
Positive work environment
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CASeptember 13, 2016
Always a friendly atmosphere to work in; I drove Dial-A-Ride in Benecia CA, and the clientele made work and transporting them an absolute pleasure, because I could be kind and courteous without hindrance.
Pros
Free reign in getting people to where they needed to go within a certain time range
Cons
personality difficulties with only one, (now none present) Manager
alot of driving
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 12, 2015
I really enjoyed my job. Meeting new people every day. Co-workers are great, they can teach you something you don't know.Hardest part is getting up so EARLY!
Pros
good pay
Cons
up early and Split shifts
A large, growing transporation company.
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 18, 2014
Human Resources plays a vital, central role in the growth and success of this growing, international transportation organization.
Pros
Autonomy, opportunity to practice all aspects of HR
Cons
Tactical HR role rather than leadership role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NATIONAL EXPRESS TRANSIT. Our community is ready to answer.

NATIONAL EXPRESS TRANSIT Reviews by Location