National Express Employee Reviews

Awesome Managment
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER (Former Employee), Newark, OHMay 11, 2015
This by far was the best job I have ever had. The management truly cared about their employees which is hard to find anymore.
Discrimation and unfair practices
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Alexandria, VADecember 9, 2014
Pros: nome
Cons: no breaks and people discrimated against me: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
I would never recommend a individual to work for a company that is corrupt. All general managers and staff expecting me to do their jobs.
Large transportation company
Operations/Maintenace Supervisor (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHAugust 23, 2014
Large transportation company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio - School services
Great Part time job
customer service rep (Former Employee), wiMay 21, 2014
I gained a great deal of knowledge working under the management at the time.
Depending on who you talked to in Managment you would get much different results
Driver (Current Employee), Syracuse NYMarch 18, 2014
Pros: arc and the local sch districts are well managed and the consumers are a lot of fun to work with.
Cons: no health coverage, dirty buses, and exposure to a lot of chemicals leads to poor health
Management minus a few lacked any Human Resources or Management skills, prior to working at National Express's/ Durham School Service's,Syracuse office. Poor scheduling and communication, caused worker who had face to face contact with Program Director's or Care givers to be light. Customers had to do too much leg work to get the services they were paying for. Employes are tossed into situations that they know little/nothing about. Seems to be a lot of wasted time by Drivers, to get the correct answers. One Dispatcher's personal sex life takes president over paper work and keeping Programs informed.
Consumers are great to work with in Onondaga County. The personal growth, out weighs the work place blunder's. All employes are mandated to pay about 700.00 a year in Union dues, but we are out of Contract now and have been since Aug 31, 2014.SEIU local 200, takes our money, but provides little in return. We have missed our Sept 1, 2013 and March 1 2014 raises. Payroll is a problem. We are routinely short paid and it take 2 weeks to get the back pay. The Department of Labor has to monitor our payroll now, as a result to employer stealing from employe's.
Safety is a concern, buses are routinely breaking down, do not have sufficient heat, low tread on tiers, and bad breaks have lead to about a dozen serious accidents with personal injury's to Employee's and Consumer's. The area around the bus yard is dangerous. We start our word day at 6:20 AM. Almost no lighting in the parking lot, pot holes, and ice patches have caused about half the work force to have falls in the past 2 years. – more... If you are hurt on the job, you are not supported by Management, you are treated so badly that you are forced to leave your job. Your hours are cut, and you are taken off your regular run. The over all atmosphere is hostel. Employes fight on a daily basis, some times it become physical. Police have had to intervene.
Most of the Staff are excellent with the Consumers, it is the Driver and Monitors that keep this place going. Most are paid far less then they deserve. – less
Challenging, fast paced
Service Desk Manager (Current Employee), Warrenville, ILJuly 24, 2012
Pros: promote from within, great manager that coaches. never bored and provided many learning opportunities.
Cons: health care and 401k could be better. under resourced, so everyone is over tasked
Hardest partof this job is the travel. I am away from home 3 days per week, every week.