Position: Accountant/Bookkeeper/Grants Manager for dynamic nonprofit agency based in San Diego, CA
Educational/Certification Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration minimum. Master’s Degree or CPA certification preferred.
Qualifications: 3-5+ years of accounting/management experience
Computer Experience/Special Skills: MS Office & QuickBooks experience required, experience with federal grant reporting recommended.
Description: This position requires a professional, yet charismatic leader that is adaptable, can multi-task, and has knowledge of fund accounting. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all accounting functions including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, payroll, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, cash flows, budgeting, and annual audit coordination
- Prepares financial statements and maintains statistics for new and existing grants
- Identifies and writes grants in collaboration with team members
- Prepares grant reports as required by funders, monitors timelines and deliverables, represents the organization at grant workshops. Attends local, state and federal meetings as assigned
- Performs some HR-related duties, maintains employee benefit plans
- Maintains organization’s insurance policies (director’s, liability, and worker’s comp)
- Prepares and maintains financial data and reports for internal analysis and external audits
- Develops budgets and invoices for consulting contracts
- Willingness to undertake various office duties/functions as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer & President
- Reports to Chief Executive Officer & President
- Works cooperatively with the Treasurer/Finance Committee
- Maintains effective relationships with key organizations, partners and board members to facilitate the vision and mission of the Alliance
- Supports the mission of the Alliance to prevent and reduce family violence
Salary: FT Employee, 40 hours/week, Vacation Benefits, Health, dental, & vision insurance. Salary range $50-$60K, commensurate with experience.
For more information, visit www.familyjusticecenter.com
Overview of the Family Justice Center Alliance
The Family Justice Center Alliance (Alliance) is a nonprofit agency launched in 2006 to provide training, technical assistance, resources, and planning services to existing and developing Family Justice Centers worldwide. The core concept of a Family Justice Center is to provide one place where victims of family violence can go to talk to an advocate, plan for their safety, interview with a police detective, meet with a prosecutor, receive medical assistance, receive information on shelter, and get help with transportation. The Alliance serves as a clearinghouse of resources and best practices for Family Justice Centers. The Alliance hosts an annual international conference, provides shared learning opportunities such as staff exchange programs, international internships, web-based education programs, and extensive training on family violence.