National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)

National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) Employee Reviews

Really Care about Small Business Owners
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 1, 2017
Review Area I would be making cold calls in, Check for updated information on current legislation. Set up visits with existing customers and put out fires where necessary.

Many Business owners are over regulated and the government passes many laws that make it difficult to be in Business.

When I first started at Company, upper management was great.
When it changed, the contract changed and forced the field people to lose existing customers to telephone sales, with a effort to get new business. Did not offset the lost of customers with base. Worked many years in the same territory, had all of Orange County.

I had to pay expenses, renewal business was what keep you going and it cut the pay by half.

Loved the people I would meet each day, great people in lower management and other sales representatives in the field were good people as well.
Pros
Really made a difference for Business Owners
Cons
Contract changes.
Dedicated staff and wonderful environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2017
I have passed up many high paying marketing positions to stay at NFIB. NFIB helps small businesses have a voice in the legislature...that is important to me.

I would have stayed forever if my hours had not been cut, and if NFIB offered benefits to everyone.
Pros
Wonderful dedicated people work for NFIB(a non-profit)
Cons
Part time positions; hours cut 3 times since 2012
Work with enjoyable colleagues and have a chance to support the engine of the U.S. economy: small business
Regional Political Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2016
If you are interested in public policy, this is a great place to work and learn. I really enjoyed my former colleagues and am happy to report that many of them are still there supporting the small businesses that drive so much of our nation's job growth and innovation.
A Great Place to Work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  NashvilleOctober 23, 2015
Positive culture, work for a cause and make a good income. There is an opportunity to advance with excellent training and on the job mentorship.
Pros
great benefits, relaxed atmosphere, nice people to work with, free parking and competitive salary
Cons
can't think of anything
Great company with a great message and culture
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  NashvilleOctober 23, 2015
NFIB is a great company to work for. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. There is work/life balance for me with this role- I came to this job from a large company that had NO work life balance- coming to NFIB was a breath of fresh air.
Pros
advancement opportunities, great culture/mission
It is a patriotic organization believing in free enterprise
Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 13, 2015
If you can adjust to cold calling and commission-only salary, this job may work for you. It can be potentially lucrative and includes a bonus system.

It has an excellent training program and outstanding employee support.
Sales Support Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 16, 2014
I answer the phones, reaching between 60-100 calls a day, while looking up membership information to our ever increasing number of representatives. I answer emails, create excel spread sheets, and type documents in Microsoft Word.

This company promotes from within. My hiring manager was promoted to head of Sales Operations and the two ladies I answered the phones with were also promoted.

The manager that was later hired has a great management style. She is very efficient at communicating with us.

The hardest part of the job is explaining to a representative why they did not receive their bonus.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with our field representatives.
Great place for a self starter
Member Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 4, 2014
The #1 U.S. business lobby (non-profit association) as ranked by Fortune magazine. Provided member business owner’s with significant advocacy, business growth resources, and benefits.

Member Representative
• Grew account base 15% through effective sales consultation, strong focus, and enthusiasm for advocacy.
• Achieved customer account growth to over 900 accounts, as primary point of contact while communicating issues relevant to each business.
-Leveraged excellent communication skills and deep business experience to gather direct input on key business issues and relay to National and State lobbyists.
-Present and promote public-policy business issues, benefit programs, and resources to Owners and Senior Management.
self-motivated apply
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 7, 2014
full commission, tiring presentation, several managers to report to
Careful What You Are Told
Membership Sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 4, 2014
An excellent organization for the small business owner, but a hard way to make money for a salesperson. Most areas have been well covered/sold which severely limits your potential. This is not what you are told, "plenty of new prospects". You also have to pay the cost of driving around chasing people all day, which gets expensive.
Pros
Meeting business owners
Cons
Waste allot of time chasing people
Overall great company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Livingston County, Ann ArborJuly 30, 2014
This is the hardest sales job you'll ever have. Be prepared for a lot of rejection. You're lucky to get one sale a day. I went some weeks without a paycheck and it wasn't due to the lack of effort. I learned what I was told and applied it, which was supposed to maximize my sales.
This is a good company and has great values. Management is good, people you work with at a distance are awesome and give good tips. The lobbyist is spectacular, as well as his staff.
But couldn't keep paying for a company w no check at end of week.
So just remember this position isn't for everybody, even when driven to succeed!!
Pros
Great management and staff
Cons
Hard to make a great paycheck
Great Small Business Association
Region Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioApril 9, 2014
Great place to work that is dedicated to improving the business environment of independently owned companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB). Our community is ready to answer.

4.2