National Federation of Independent Business Employee Reviews

Great membership base
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 12, 2017
It's always a great feeling to help the backbone of the US Economy. As someone who was raised by small biz owners, I am thankful and appreciative of the work that NFIB does.
Great Company
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 23, 2017
Great Company to work for. Allowed all of their sales reps to work independently and at our own pace. Great compensation and benefits were available to those who wished to have them. Also offered a variety of paid time off as well as rewarded top producers w great end of the year awards.
Recommended
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 1, 2017
Excellent organization to work for. If you believe in the future of our country and how important small businesses are for the growth of the U.S. economy, it is amazing what NFIB does to help small businesses! You have to work hard and be excellent at planning out your work day every day and executing the plan but it is worth it!
Mission minded non-profit that needs revision in the salesforce
Member Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 5, 2017
A much needed organization with a great mission. The salesforce receives no travel allowance, no base salary, and must purchase a tablet for work purposes while competing with telephone sales. This is basically a business start up with one product and direct supervision along with required sales calls that have already been tele marketed extensively. The job does allow some freedom, but to be successful you must work 10 to 12 hours per day and plan at least an hour each evening for the next day. The organization does offer monthly and quarterly sales bonuses that are very difficult at times to reach. This position is a 98% cold call position. Anyone considering the position needs to consider the travel expenses and the wear and tear on their vehicle.
Pros
Great Mission, good support and freedom
Cons
Time off is not with pay, long lonely days, competing with phone sales
HR Position
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 25, 2017
Worked in human resources doing analysis, report writing, training others on computer applications. Good salary and enjoyed working with others in the company.
blessed environment
Ambitious sales tenacity (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 13, 2017
blessed company to work for and great opportunity. They will train u top notch and be by your side the Whole way. Make the Best of each day and u will do well.
Great learning curve; helped me develop my presentation skills
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 12, 2017
While I wasn't advised this was a 100% commission function with no reimbursement for out of pocket expenses, I learned to think on my feet and as well as get to the decision-makers, otherwise I would not get paid.
Pros
Learned a lot about my ability; had freedom to get the job done
Cons
Management wasn't consistent with policies
good company
Business Development-Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  New HampshireApril 9, 2017
Good company to work for. Great people and plenty of support. Management takes great interest in the development and success of its employees. Culture is very postitive.
Account Executive
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 9, 2015
Analyzed and interpreted complex political data and explained it to our base of paid constituents so as to understand how it impacts their day to day business functioning.
Great mission to support Small and Independent Business
Director of Systems and Networks/CIO/CSSO (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 1, 2015
Wonderful mission to help support small business across America and lobby on their behalf on Capital Hill. Their current CEO has been with the company a long time and is a fantastic individual who works hard to help the small business backbone of America.
Hard job, great pay
Field Sales Rep/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 23, 2015
Best job for commission pay I've had. Management is hit or miss, depending on what territory you land in. Hard work and many sales people can't do it, but if it's a good fit for you (and it was for me), and you have a decent territory, you can make a good 6 figure income.
Pros
Autonomy and the money. The sales team is fabulous, but you rarely see any of them, since you have a large territory to work everyday.
Cons
Very high turnover, due to near 100% cold calling. You can request referrals and that helps, but you're still walking in pretty cold.
Road Warrior
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Eastman, GASeptember 7, 2015
Good place to work if you like to drive 40k-50k miles per year. You must be a motivated, self starter and strong closer to get the job done properly. Great pay for those who can do the job.
NFIB is the largest small business lobby in the country, empowering small business owners to have a voice at the State and Federal levels.
Northeast Region Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 4, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my career as Northeast Region Sales Trainer. Helping to facilitate the national sales training program in Nashville once or twice a month was very rewarding. The rest of my time was spent in the field training new hires, coaching and mentoring all Field Sales Reps and consulting with management through performance reviews. The weekly flights became too exhausting and I missed my family far too much.
Good cause, average pay
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 17, 2014
They say you can make tons of money. reality is a little different. Great flexibility. But it is door to door sales B2B. great cause, but the pay doesn't stack up, even for the top 10%
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
pay is similar to low level sales jobs
Not for me.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Northern NevadaFebruary 13, 2014
If you like cold calling 100% of the time (no leads) then this is the job for you. If you like paying 100% of your own expenses while traveling overnight, then apply.
Great job and company
Employee Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2014
Paragon was a great company and job. The position was eliminated when the company started downsizing and relocated back to Atlanta, GA
Excellant place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 29, 2013
Very interesting place to work. Every day was different. Had to learn what NFIB mission and goals were. Had to work independent do to the fact that there were only the Director and myself, which we were both new.

I very rarely saw any of the Sale Associates only communicating by telephone.

The hardest part was learning out the NFIB operated.

I work for a Manager that was terrific, an excellent trainer and very dedicated.
Pros
Parking provided and the pay.
Cons
None that I can think of.
good environment for learning the ropes for cold calling and prospecting
Membership Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2013
heavy cold calling and prospecting environment. Very good experience for one call close.
Pros
good experience in basics of new business prospecting
Cons
renewal revenue removed so it became strictly new business all the time
Company tries to make people happy
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 22, 2013
And that's a nice change. Management is effective and coworkers generally get together after hours - because they like each other.
Commission Only-Lots of Freedom
Membership Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Outside Philadelphia areaAugust 29, 2012
A membership representative position is a sink or swim position. After initial training (which is 4 days with a trainer in the field) you are pretty much on your own. As long as you're producing things are great. You can make great money and you're pretty much left alone. If you struggle and need help though you are forgotten about.
Pros
freedom, good commission
Cons
100% cold calling, 100% commission, no car allowance etc., not much support