National Football League

National Football League Employee Reviews in United States

Extremely competitive work environment
Defensive Back (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 14, 2015
The NFL is the most competitive work environment in the country. The stakes are always high and you are constantly being judged on your production.
Pros
High salary, great benefits, facilities
Cons
low job security, high stress, time consuming
ecellent
IT Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2016
great company and ppl
great culture
great management
enjoyable

I enjoy football very much so obviously have only good things to say
Wonderful Experience
Volunteer/Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 26, 2016
Had the chance to work SuperBowl 50. A group of us got to walk around the San Fransisco 49ers museum and be hospitality greeters and helpers when a fan has a question. It was an incredible experience I will never forget. My most enjoyable part was being able to work behind the scene during the SuperBowl.
Pros
The experience itself
Cons
Had no cons
Productive fun learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saluda, VAJanuary 16, 2015
I would first walk in and say hello to everyone. Then get straight to work doing paper work or creating power point slides for presentations to athletes showing their workout routine. I learned that everything in life has to be earned and to be very consistent in your work. Management was honestly not the kindest, but they did give me an opportunity that I'm very grateful for. The hardest part of the job, was knowing how hard I worked, but never got paid for it. The most enjoyable part was that I walked away with a great experience and I was able to meet some great athletes.
Pros
free place to workout
Cons
no benefits
Productive and great experience shadowing a real NFL reporter
Job Shadow NFL Reporter (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 3, 2015
A typical day of shadowing is waking up early and follow the routine of an NFL reporter. I would go to the NFL studio in Culver City, CA. Check any updates on news in the NFL and make a daily planner for the day. I would go to the practice facility or stadium of the team I cover. I receive my credentials at the box office and walk in the media rooms. The easiest part of this shadowing experience was to watch and learn what the reporter does. The hardest part of this experience was being constantly on the move and always know what to do next. You always have to be doing something before, during, and after the games. What I learned is to always be prepared to ask questions, know what to report, and pronounce the player's names correctly.
Pros
Interviewing NFL players, free food and drinks, entering areas only for media
Cons
Always on the move and waking up very early
Great Place to work never a dull moment.
Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2015
This is an exciting, fast paced, yet fun job. A typical day at work involves the inventory and testing of all the equipment to be used on and around the set. Other duties include the set up and breakdown of the equipment, as well as the power distribution from the source to the main set; and above all the safety of the talent and the public. Although the hours are long the company provides great meals including craft services for that pick me up throughout the day. The hardest part of the job is the unpredictability of the weather. You must always have a contingency plan in the event of bad weather, which is common in Florida. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know that you have done your job well and the director says, "That's a wrap."
Pros
The exciting pace of the job, good food and friends
Cons
Long hours and waiting for the next big call back
Great Enviroment
Athlete (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 21, 2016
Fun place to work with kids and all employees. Was able to teach and educate not only the youth, but myself as well. Had a great time learning new things and working in new enviroments.
Excellent internship
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 25, 2016
The internship was the best because not only were you paid well it was a great experience. I got to go the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl for free.
Pros
Salary
First company I worked for
Defensive Lineman (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 25, 2016
This was my first company i worked for for 6 years. I did very well getting promoted to a manager after a few years, Overall it was a great company.
Pros
Cons
Work./Life balance
Fun, productive and very artistic place to work
Assistant Editor (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 23, 2016
An amazing place to work. you will work with top notch technology while feeding your love of the National Football League.
NFL Films
Producer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 30, 2016
Here I learned first hand how to work professionally and under deadlines. I learned from emmy award winning producers and very successful filmmakers
I love it
Executive Assistant in Production & Talent (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 23, 2016
I love working for NFL Network. It has been a true blessing to have the opportunity to be here as an employee. I would stay forever if I could.
Cool work
RUNNER (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 6, 2016
As a Producer Intern I helped research player stories, scores, log footage, edit, and help assist live shoots. My internship was three months long in Mount Laurel, NJ.
Short employment opportunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2016
opportunity to work for a weekend and it was very unorganized and difficult to succeed there. Worked well for what I needed.
Nfl
Player (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MD 21117July 23, 2016
it was a great experience met a lot of new people learn a lot of new things saw both the sides of the industry the good and the bad at the end of the day its a business
great
Player (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 3, 2016
a typical day is practice meetings and film
best job
fun
hard part is time
getting to do what you love
the money is great
no management needed
Pros
Playing a sport
Cons
injures
Playing in the National Football League
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 3, 2016
The NFL is a great place to work within. You will last only if you can balance the demands of film and practice with family and bills. It demands time but its worth every bit of it.
Best place to be.
Outside Linebacker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 1, 2014
You start your day at 5 in the morning eat breakfast and then lift weights and six in the morning after weights you have meetings then practice. after practice you eat then get ready for meetings until 8 at night. I learned about being responsible and working smart and hard. Management is cool they really do there own thing you really don't see the management all the time. My co-workers are cool but we are really not that close because we are all trying to get on that 53 man roster. The hardest part of the job is learning the playbook in a short matter of time. the enjoyable part is doing something that you love to do and your getting paid for it. My main goal is to get back in the NFL and do what i love its not about the money but i wouldn't complain if I got paid that much but its all about the passion that i have for the game and what it has done for me my whole life. I have mad a lot of good relationships playing football that wouldn't never forget.
Pros
high pay, get to travel, free stuff, healthcare, 401k, etc.
Cons
long days short nights, taking care of body, short time with your family.
Fun and Exciting
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 12, 2016
A great environment to work at, get to meet some high ranking personnel as well as others who attend meetings and such. Management take great care of their employees and make sure they come first!
Pros
Experience the NFL
Cons
Limited hours
Productive and fun work place for sports lovers
Producer/ Editor (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Working at the NFL Network has been my greatest job to date. The full-time staff is great and will help guide you in the direction you wish to take in television production.
Pros
Cheap lunch, great staff, great hours
Cons
Work on Holidays, seasonal job

4.6