National Football League Employee Reviews

Pretty chill
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 21, 2017
It is super corporate. There are thousands of employees there and it is super difficult to move around because of all the politics. But the people are super chill and very good work-life balance.
Buffalo Bills
Premium Seating Service Coordinator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYSeptember 16, 2017
Very professional and fun place to work. I have very much enjoyed the experience! I enjoy working with other team members as well as with the guests.
Pros
Professional
Like a large family
Network Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 6, 2017
During the NFL season, you are constantly working on new stuff. It's always fast-paced, you hardly ever become stagnant. It's not for a lot of people, but if you can handle the pressure of working in a live TV setting, it's great. NFL Network in my experience is like a large family. Like every family, people have their issues here and there, but for the most part, everyone looks out for each other, and try to help each other do their very best. Even as a freelancer, you are treated with the same respect as your full-time peers, and communication between different departments helps this place run like a well-oiled machine. The only draw back here, from my experience, is that it is very hard to move up. The only way someone moves up, is if someone else leaves, and not many people seem to be doing that here in the last few years.
Pros
Great people; Work doesn't get boring
Cons
Shifts sometimes inconsistent; Hard to move up
Was a great opportunity! Unfortunately I was cut after the preseason.
Running Back (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYSeptember 4, 2017
I had the chance to play for a great team in the Buffalo Bills. Something that I will always remember. Being there taught me valuable lessons about myself and others. Learning leadership and time management qualities.
Productive and creative workplace that places a demand on ideas and accuracy.
Content Researcher (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 3, 2017
Every shift would begin with updating yourself with the most current news/state of affairs going on in the NFL, followed by a meeting with producers, directors and production assistants and video editors to build the specific show that you're working on. After the meeting, it's time to research all data relative to the ideas discussed in the show meeting as well as handle graphic information boards and any research inquiries from all sub sections of the NFL (NFL.com, NFL social media, NFL writers in the field, etc). That's followed up by another show meeting, but this time the talent for the show is in attendance. Once that meeting concludes, we get any information that the talent requested in the meeting, followed by handling any pre taped segments of the show. We then check all graphics and information that were constructed earlier in the shift, write/edit talent scripts, double check scripts for accuracy, then prepare for the live show. During the show, we are responsible for double checking and editing scripts, printing scripts, checking all graphics during breaks and most importantly, answering all questions from talent, producers and segment producers. Once the show ends, our shift is generally over unless we are working on any research projects.

This position teaches you how to become self reliable while also being a team player, manage your time in a fast paced environment, become creative on a daily basis with ideas that contribute to the shows development and teaches you how to manage multiple personalities and conflicting ideas amongst the show crew.

The most
  more... difficult part of the job is managing how to implement the ideas of many, while making sure your ideas are well represented as well. This is also the most enjoyable part of the job, simply due to the process of sharing ideas, naturally creates new and more refreshing ideas due to the multitude of perspectives involved.  less
Pros
Creative environment, insight and introduction into other positions on the job
Cons
Depending on how much news takes place within a day, you may not have a chance to et
Advancement
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2017
This unique organization is privately-held and offers various opportunities. Some may seem more obtainable yet there is an invisible ceiling and restrictions that do not allow advancement.
Pros
visible
Cons
false promises
Productive and Competitive place to work
Wide Receiver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at work started at 6am where we had to be in the weight room for lifting. Afterwards we would eat breakfast and proceed to the meeting rooms where we would go over analytics and break down film of practice the previous day/opponents. The hardest part of the day was practice where majority of the physical labor was handled but this was also the most enjoyable part of the day because your doing something you love.
• Developed skills of teamwork, leadership, time management, and excelling in a competitive environment

• Watching a film to review ways to improve my performance

• Participated in several work-out activities to ensure a healthy body

• Engaged in various community service activities and projects
Pros
Salary, Health Care Benefits, and the Competitive Environment
Cons
Not much free time
Professional sport culture
Tight End (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 11, 2017
Great team building. Football is a full contact sport and can be very hazardous if you don't take care of yourself. Fun sport overall. It is very demanding on your body.
Great place for football junkies
Senior Producer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 2, 2017
A unique place for anyone who likes football. Any fan would be honored to work for the league. Creative people gather to produce unique content in a fun process.
Many good people to work with; outdated training and development.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
This is an interesting place to work, and most of the people are great to work with. It's not a great place for contractors, though, and they hire a lot of them.
Pros
Good pay; they do a lot for employees - food, service projects, movie previews, etc.
Cons
Outdated training practices; very hierarchical; rely heavily on contractors
great place... terrible management
Wardrobe Stylist (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 26, 2017
they've fired people that had been there for 13 years for no reason. new management came in and staffed everything with their friends that are under qualified. If you can get in... good luck. Terrible people, no room for advancement, and management are so childish.
Pros
family fun days, and nfl swag
Cons
poor management
Wonderful Job
Accounting Lead - Los Angeles Office (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 22, 2017
Working for the NFL is a dream come true. Very highly skilled employees with all types of job responsibilities. Fast and fun. Educated people to work with.
Pros
National Football League
Cons
Divison Closed
Fun place to work, especially if you love football.
Editor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 11, 2017
Your experience depends on your assignment. But, even if your assignment is endlessly tedious, you are well compensated for the pain. The staff is friendly and fun, and you get to talk football all day. Great gig.
Pros
Football, football, football
Cons
Seasonal, odd hours, can be tedious.
World Class
Linebacker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2017
My experience was short but sweet. The environment that is created at the NFL level is one that fosters a world class attitude. That attitude created there will only pay dividends for you no matter what profession you choose to go into after your career is over.
Great learning experience
hand, weight, hight recorder (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2017
Get to know and connect with NFL personal. Get to play a part in the process of collegiate athletes making it to the pros. Learn how to structure a pro workout.
Pros
Nfl
Enjoyed working there
Producer/Director (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 7, 2017
Had a great experience working for the NFL Network
Work Place culture was great
Supervisor was very talented and great to work for
Management was professions
You can't do better than the NFL
Event Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 2, 2017
Wow! the NFL. Not only was the job challenging (Oakland Raiders) but it was also fun. In my position as manager I got to meet a lot of the players, watch games while working. At times there were major security incidents and problems but they'd usually be handeled quickly.
Pros
Just about everything
Cons
Very challenging
Great place to learn and work
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 28, 2017
Great people, great environment to better yourself in film. As a young person the job is really what you make of it. The more effort you put in, the more you learn. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to get hired full-time.
Exciting place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 26, 2017
I loved working at NFL network the only drawback for me was that it was an unpaid internship at was at a time in my life where I literally could not afford to do it for too long.
Productive place
Cheerleader (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 24, 2017
The NFL cares about their employees and provides the best possible service they can allow for each and every one of them with ability to grow and succeed.