National Football League

National Football League Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful Experience
Volunteer/Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 26, 2016
Had the chance to work SuperBowl 50. A group of us got to walk around the San Fransisco 49ers museum and be hospitality greeters and helpers when a fan has a question. It was an incredible experience I will never forget. My most enjoyable part was being able to work behind the scene during the SuperBowl.
Pros
The experience itself
Cons
Had no cons
First company I worked for
Defensive Lineman (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 25, 2016
This was my first company i worked for for 6 years. I did very well getting promoted to a manager after a few years, Overall it was a great company.
Pros
Cons
Work./Life balance
I love it
Executive Assistant in Production & Talent (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 23, 2016
I love working for NFL Network. It has been a true blessing to have the opportunity to be here as an employee. I would stay forever if I could.
Playing in the National Football League
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 3, 2016
The NFL is a great place to work within. You will last only if you can balance the demands of film and practice with family and bills. It demands time but its worth every bit of it.
ecellent
IT Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2016
great company and ppl
great culture
great management
enjoyable

I enjoy football very much so obviously have only good things to say
Productive and fun work place for sports lovers
Producer/ Editor (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Working at the NFL Network has been my greatest job to date. The full-time staff is great and will help guide you in the direction you wish to take in television production.
Pros
Cheap lunch, great staff, great hours
Cons
Work on Holidays, seasonal job
great
Player (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 3, 2016
a typical day is practice meetings and film
best job
fun
hard part is time
getting to do what you love
the money is great
no management needed
Pros
Playing a sport
Cons
injures
Fun and Exciting
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 12, 2016
A great environment to work at, get to meet some high ranking personnel as well as others who attend meetings and such. Management take great care of their employees and make sure they come first!
Pros
Experience the NFL
Cons
Limited hours
Exciting and Interactive environment
Feature Editor (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day was dynamic and stressful at the same time. Tight deadlines and interactive experience with preoducers was always positive and conducive to creativity.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No breaks when working on live productions
na (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 9, 2016
great team hard working grow as a man love my teammates early bird gets worm and very hard at times but worth every min. i love the nfl and it help me grow as a men .
Pros
na
Cons
na

Want to know more about National Football League?

Ask a question
Productive and great experience shadowing a real NFL reporter
Job Shadow NFL Reporter (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 3, 2015
A typical day of shadowing is waking up early and follow the routine of an NFL reporter. I would go to the NFL studio in Culver City, CA. Check any updates on news in the NFL and make a daily planner for the day. I would go to the practice facility or stadium of the team I cover. I receive my credentials at the box office and walk in the media rooms. The easiest part of this shadowing experience was to watch and learn what the reporter does. The hardest part of this experience was being constantly on the move and always know what to do next. You always have to be doing something before, during, and after the games. What I learned is to always be prepared to ask questions, know what to report, and pronounce the player's names correctly.
Pros
Interviewing NFL players, free food and drinks, entering areas only for media
Cons
Always on the move and waking up very early
Exciting experience working with NFL Players and Coaches
Purple Hat Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 27, 2015
Great seasonal job to have, working with players and coaches of both the home and away teams. Exciting experience watching the game and meeting some of the most famous athletes in the NFL.
Pros
Great pay and exciting experience
Cons
Seasonal
Know what you're getting into.
Graphic Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 10, 2015
Everyone is on a 7 month basis. So there isn't that much security for anyone. Which is a real bummer; because no one builds up too much camaraderie, except for the permanent employees. There are perks, football is everywhere. The people are good, for the most part.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Contract
Kansas City Chiefs NFL Marketing Internship (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 30, 2015
Fun place to work and timely mannered being able to interact with different people from Kansas city was wonderful. Meeting Pro NFL players during practice was fun. Being able to provide a safe environment for the kids and families during the camp was well organized.
Pros
Meet NFL players
fun
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  washingtonOctober 20, 2015
I learned how to communicate with others who come from different up comings. The hardest part of my job was not having too much fun and finding a way to balance it all.
Extremely competitive work environment
Defensive Back (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 14, 2015
The NFL is the most competitive work environment in the country. The stakes are always high and you are constantly being judged on your production.
Pros
High salary, great benefits, facilities
Cons
low job security, high stress, time consuming
very productive
PMO Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2015
very competitive environment. Somewhat unstructured. It is a great place if you are used to minimal guidance. Very nice amenities such as cafeteria and video screens everywhere.
The NFL was a great place to work. I was exposed to many aspects of the Professional Sports World
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2015
Working at the NFL Office allowed me to grow and become aware of the many aspects of the Football world unknown to most. The people were helpful and embraced us as we learned and experienced the inner makings of such a large company. There is more than just playing football. The time spent in Communications and Marketing was more than a College Education. I learned so very much and I now have a greater appreciation for the business of Professional Sports.
Pros
A great place to work, people were helpful and organized.
Cons
New York was not the city for me.
Great Place to work never a dull moment.
Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2015
This is an exciting, fast paced, yet fun job. A typical day at work involves the inventory and testing of all the equipment to be used on and around the set. Other duties include the set up and breakdown of the equipment, as well as the power distribution from the source to the main set; and above all the safety of the talent and the public. Although the hours are long the company provides great meals including craft services for that pick me up throughout the day. The hardest part of the job is the unpredictability of the weather. You must always have a contingency plan in the event of bad weather, which is common in Florida. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know that you have done your job well and the director says, "That's a wrap."
Pros
The exciting pace of the job, good food and friends
Cons
Long hours and waiting for the next big call back
Productive fun environment working with an amazing team I call family now
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San DiegoAugust 27, 2015
Working for the San Diego Chargers has been an absolute dream. I get to work in Qualcomm Stadium every day. I enjoy my job and what it entails. The inside Sales team is bonded together through hard work and dedication. We all get along so well and succeed tremendously at our job and exceed all of our sale goals monthly. I also work PR events and games, representing the Chargers with poise and enthusiasm.
Pros
Meeting the players, going to home games, working in professionals sports
Cons
Work long hours and 6 days a week

4.6