National Football League Employee Reviews

Advancement
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2017
This unique organization is privately-held and offers various opportunities. Some may seem more obtainable yet there is an invisible ceiling and restrictions that do not allow advancement.
Pros
visible
Cons
false promises
Productive and Competitive place to work
Wide Receiver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at work started at 6am where we had to be in the weight room for lifting. Afterwards we would eat breakfast and proceed to the meeting rooms where we would go over analytics and break down film of practice the previous day/opponents. The hardest part of the day was practice where majority of the physical labor was handled but this was also the most enjoyable part of the day because your doing something you love.
• Developed skills of teamwork, leadership, time management, and excelling in a competitive environment

• Watching a film to review ways to improve my performance

• Participated in several work-out activities to ensure a healthy body

• Engaged in various community service activities and projects
Pros
Salary, Health Care Benefits, and the Competitive Environment
Cons
Not much free time
Professional sport culture
Tight End (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 11, 2017
Great team building. Football is a full contact sport and can be very hazardous if you don't take care of yourself. Fun sport overall. It is very demanding on your body.
Great place for football junkies
Senior Producer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 2, 2017
A unique place for anyone who likes football. Any fan would be honored to work for the league. Creative people gather to produce unique content in a fun process.
Many good people to work with; outdated training and development.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
This is an interesting place to work, and most of the people are great to work with. It's not a great place for contractors, though, and they hire a lot of them.
Pros
Good pay; they do a lot for employees - food, service projects, movie previews, etc.
Cons
Outdated training practices; very hierarchical; rely heavily on contractors
great place... terrible management
Wardrobe Stylist (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 26, 2017
they've fired people that had been there for 13 years for no reason. new management came in and staffed everything with their friends that are under qualified. If you can get in... good luck. Terrible people, no room for advancement, and management are so childish.
Pros
family fun days, and nfl swag
Cons
poor management
Wonderful Job
Accounting Lead - Los Angeles Office (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 22, 2017
Working for the NFL is a dream come true. Very highly skilled employees with all types of job responsibilities. Fast and fun. Educated people to work with.
Pros
National Football League
Cons
Divison Closed
Fun place to work, especially if you love football.
Editor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 11, 2017
Your experience depends on your assignment. But, even if your assignment is endlessly tedious, you are well compensated for the pain. The staff is friendly and fun, and you get to talk football all day. Great gig.
Pros
Football, football, football
Cons
Seasonal, odd hours, can be tedious.
World Class
Linebacker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2017
My experience was short but sweet. The environment that is created at the NFL level is one that fosters a world class attitude. That attitude created there will only pay dividends for you no matter what profession you choose to go into after your career is over.
Great learning experience
hand, weight, hight recorder (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2017
Get to know and connect with NFL personal. Get to play a part in the process of collegiate athletes making it to the pros. Learn how to structure a pro workout.
Pros
Nfl
Enjoyed working there
Producer/Director (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 7, 2017
Had a great experience working for the NFL Network
Work Place culture was great
Supervisor was very talented and great to work for
Management was professions
You can't do better than the NFL
Event Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 2, 2017
Wow! the NFL. Not only was the job challenging (Oakland Raiders) but it was also fun. In my position as manager I got to meet a lot of the players, watch games while working. At times there were major security incidents and problems but they'd usually be handeled quickly.
Pros
Just about everything
Cons
Very challenging
Great place to learn and work
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 28, 2017
Great people, great environment to better yourself in film. As a young person the job is really what you make of it. The more effort you put in, the more you learn. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to get hired full-time.
Exciting place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 26, 2017
I loved working at NFL network the only drawback for me was that it was an unpaid internship at was at a time in my life where I literally could not afford to do it for too long.
Productive place
Cheerleader (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 24, 2017
The NFL cares about their employees and provides the best possible service they can allow for each and every one of them with ability to grow and succeed.
Poor communication, back-office politics very evident, little appreciation for employees
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 24, 2017
The poor communication makes it difficult to stay abreast of the changes, direction, etc. the company is headed in. Many people are treated on a "need to know" basis and beyond that, information you or your team should know, you are not privy to. Office politics play a large role in promotions, new positions and who gets those new positions. Depending on your role in the organization you get more "perks" than others (i.e., swag), but the general mentality is that it is a privilege to work here so you do not need adequate compensation or job perks.
Professional Athlete
Football Player (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 22, 2017
My daily routine consisted of practices in the am, film study in the afternoon, then team meetings and workout at night. I learned how to work together with new people as a team, and enhance my social skills.
Bartending for the Jacksonville Jaguars
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2017
I have worked at Everbank Field for the last 4 years for football season and I love it which is why I keep returning. It is high volume fast paced bartending which is what I am good at because I work well under pressure. The management was okay the bartenders themselves do most of the work including setting up the bar, beer and liquor inventory, breaking down the bar , and all of the drawers as well. The fans made it an amazing place to work. I worked on The Deck when the Cleveland Miami had a pool deck there. It is not called Fanduelville but it still has the same atmosphere as the Clevelander Miami.
Pros
High Volume Bartending, Fun
Cons
The hours were usually 12+
NFL Player
National Flag Football Site Director (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMay 9, 2017
I loved playing in the NFL it was my dream as a young kid and I'm so thankful i was blessed and fortunate to be able to make my dream become a reality
Dream
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  49ersApril 27, 2017
The game is amazing and my coworkers we amazing at every organization I played with. Fans are amazing people to be around and they are very loyal people