National Football League

National Football League Employee Reviews in United States

The NFL was a great place to work. I was exposed to many aspects of the Professional Sports World
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2015
Working at the NFL Office allowed me to grow and become aware of the many aspects of the Football world unknown to most. The people were helpful and embraced us as we learned and experienced the inner makings of such a large company. There is more than just playing football. The time spent in Communications and Marketing was more than a College Education. I learned so very much and I now have a greater appreciation for the business of Professional Sports.
Pros
A great place to work, people were helpful and organized.
Cons
New York was not the city for me.
Productive fun environment working with an amazing team I call family now
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San DiegoAugust 27, 2015
Working for the San Diego Chargers has been an absolute dream. I get to work in Qualcomm Stadium every day. I enjoy my job and what it entails. The inside Sales team is bonded together through hard work and dedication. We all get along so well and succeed tremendously at our job and exceed all of our sale goals monthly. I also work PR events and games, representing the Chargers with poise and enthusiasm.
Pros
Meeting the players, going to home games, working in professionals sports
Cons
Work long hours and 6 days a week
Extremely competitive work environment
Defensive Back (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 14, 2015
The NFL is the most competitive work environment in the country. The stakes are always high and you are constantly being judged on your production.
Pros
High salary, great benefits, facilities
Cons
low job security, high stress, time consuming
na (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 9, 2016
great team hard working grow as a man love my teammates early bird gets worm and very hard at times but worth every min. i love the nfl and it help me grow as a men .
Pros
na
Cons
na
Good place to learn and grown in a TV and Video Production
Associate Producer (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 20, 2015
Taught me how to work under tight time constraints and how better to tell a story through Video. Manager expected most from Associate Producer's, for us not to make a mistake and tell the best story possible while we cut 40-60 pieces of tape (VO's, SOT's, Music Videos, etc) per night and were under extremely tight time constraints which helped us focus.
Great Place to work never a dull moment.
Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2015
This is an exciting, fast paced, yet fun job. A typical day at work involves the inventory and testing of all the equipment to be used on and around the set. Other duties include the set up and breakdown of the equipment, as well as the power distribution from the source to the main set; and above all the safety of the talent and the public. Although the hours are long the company provides great meals including craft services for that pick me up throughout the day. The hardest part of the job is the unpredictability of the weather. You must always have a contingency plan in the event of bad weather, which is common in Florida. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know that you have done your job well and the director says, "That's a wrap."
Pros
The exciting pace of the job, good food and friends
Cons
Long hours and waiting for the next big call back
Productive and casual work environment
Producer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 8, 2015
I currently hold a seasonal producer/editor position at NFL Network in Culver City. This is a very casual work environment that has a very open and friendly environment. All workers from the top down are willing to lend a hand if someone is in need of help. Working with current NFL players and analysts would have to be the highlight of this job. Making connections with people you would not normally meet is the biggest benefit of working for this company.
Pros
Meeting current and former NFL players
Could be better
Executive Assistant to Chief Digital Officer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 18, 2015
I enjoyed my time working there, but surprisingly, the NFL is run like a mom and pop shop. At least 60% of the employees are Independent Contractors, so there are constantly new faces. The pay is not great for the sheer amount of work that they expect you to take on and there are constant management changes.
Welcome to the National Football League
Segment Producer (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at work is an adrenaline rush. Time is of the essence and things must be done quickly, correctly and concisely. Everyone seems to be puulling in the same direction for the most part, however, there are those at the top who like to pull in the opposite direction. Everyone ultimately cares about the quality of the product, but in the end there are too many broken promises about the creativity and the chances we want to take to stand out from the crowd.
Pros
Super Bowl tickets and great pension
Cons
Need for stronger leadership/management within media group
very productive
PMO Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2015
very competitive environment. Somewhat unstructured. It is a great place if you are used to minimal guidance. Very nice amenities such as cafeteria and video screens everywhere.

Want to know more about National Football League?

Ask a question
fun
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  washingtonOctober 20, 2015
I learned how to communicate with others who come from different up comings. The hardest part of my job was not having too much fun and finding a way to balance it all.
Exciting Enviorment
Defensive Back/Return Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh PAAugust 10, 2015
A very fun environment. Not only do you work hard but the coachs understand the players and get along with them well. Management is one of a kind and the tradition of the organization is outstanding. Wouldn't change the experience for the world.
Productive and fun work place, with game room and huddle room
Quality Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2015
Love tempting at the NFL, able to meet players and prepare merch for fans. love designer the huddle room for year champions. reviewing artwork and colors for approval gives a different look of work everyday.
Enjoyed while it lasted
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2015
Work days were great 3 and half hours at work and get paid min. of 18k per week. Any persons dream but its a very cut throat industry. Be smart with your decisions or you wont have anything when its all over. the hardest part of the job is whether or not you will wake up with a job the next day.
Pros
The Entourage, Living a Lavish Life
Cons
Can be cut short at anytime
Excellent work environment
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Browns, TNJune 13, 2015
It was my dream to be a professional football player. I loved the experience as it enhanced my skills physically and intellectually. I had way above average income which was well earned. I's eternally grateful for the once in a lifetime opportunity.
Pros
Fun
Cons
job security
The Only Ones Who Do What They Do
Staff Editor (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 12, 2015
NFL is the one and only production company I have encountered that continually strived to make sports media innovative and different. Innovative and creative ideas were not only appreciated but expected. The constant expectation to be the best at what you do made everyone involved not only better, but the best. Working there improved my kills exponentially.
Pros
The best of the best
Cons
Had to work Sunday
Productive workplace with opportunities to advance
Player (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2015
Each team I was on involved the same schedule at work which included a fun work environment with three meals served each day. I learned how to deal with professional people of all aspects of life. Management was very organized in hjow they went about things. The hardest part of the job was how quickly you could be terminated.
Pros
three meals a day and provided attire for on the job
Cons
the toll on your body and the weak job security
Great Team Culture, Good Location, and Excellent Employees
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 13, 2015
All the employees were very friendly and welcoming. Management was firm, but flexible with deadlines and were very easygoing as long as you completed your work on time. Great location in Culver City with plenty to do. Good work/life balance, I could often leave my work at work and enjoy being home after long days. The organization was often a bit messy however in terms of working on the application.
Pros
subsidized lunches, easygoing management
Cons
application development was unorganized and scrambled
Fun workplace, employees personify teamwork
Production Assistant, Operations Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2015
NFL Network has an atmosphere that displays the fandom that each employee has for Football, even beyond their enthusiasm for their work. My peers worked tremendously is tight-knit teams that work well together and amongst each other. With the football constantly around, my peers channeled their passion for the game into their work.
Demanding and electric atmosphere to work.
Cincinnati Bengal wide receiver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 26, 2015
Playing in the NFL was the best experience of my life. Everything I Worked so hard for finally manifested in my life. I loved playing football, you learn so much about a man's character and determination to succeed .Living the road to achieve your dream taught me a lot also , It made me a firm believer that you can achieve anything you put your mind to. Its all about positive energy and hard work.

4.6