National Football League

National Football League Employee Reviews in United States

Fun, exciting, family driven organization
New York Jet, Offensive Lineman (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2014
Hardest part of the job was staying healthy, practice and film hours were long. Best part was the salary, offseason, teammates, strong bonds with new people, the great fans, winning, and the ability to be in a new city. Learned how to take criticism, learned how to play through pain, proper techniques, and how manage time. Interacting with fans and kids that loved what you do and that loved that you are playing for their team.
Pros
salary and fans
Cons
injuries and job security
very productive
PMO Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2015
very competitive environment. Somewhat unstructured. It is a great place if you are used to minimal guidance. Very nice amenities such as cafeteria and video screens everywhere.
Extremely Stressful Enviornment
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 16, 2014
Wake up, head to the facility for breakfast and morning meetings. Then weight lifting and film study. Pre practice meetings, then a walk through before lunch, followed by practice for a few hours. Post practice meetings right before dinner and then done for the day. Process is repeated until game day.
Pros
great atmosphere, and superb salary
Cons
short career
Could be better
Executive Assistant to Chief Digital Officer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 18, 2015
I enjoyed my time working there, but surprisingly, the NFL is run like a mom and pop shop. At least 60% of the employees are Independent Contractors, so there are constantly new faces. The pay is not great for the sheer amount of work that they expect you to take on and there are constant management changes.
Great Team Culture, Good Location, and Excellent Employees
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 13, 2015
All the employees were very friendly and welcoming. Management was firm, but flexible with deadlines and were very easygoing as long as you completed your work on time. Great location in Culver City with plenty to do. Good work/life balance, I could often leave my work at work and enjoy being home after long days. The organization was often a bit messy however in terms of working on the application.
Pros
subsidized lunches, easygoing management
Cons
application development was unorganized and scrambled
Productive and casual work environment
Producer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 8, 2015
I currently hold a seasonal producer/editor position at NFL Network in Culver City. This is a very casual work environment that has a very open and friendly environment. All workers from the top down are willing to lend a hand if someone is in need of help. Working with current NFL players and analysts would have to be the highlight of this job. Making connections with people you would not normally meet is the biggest benefit of working for this company.
Pros
Meeting current and former NFL players
fun
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  washingtonOctober 20, 2015
I learned how to communicate with others who come from different up comings. The hardest part of my job was not having too much fun and finding a way to balance it all.
Good place to learn and grown in a TV and Video Production
Associate Producer (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 20, 2015
Taught me how to work under tight time constraints and how better to tell a story through Video. Manager expected most from Associate Producer's, for us not to make a mistake and tell the best story possible while we cut 40-60 pieces of tape (VO's, SOT's, Music Videos, etc) per night and were under extremely tight time constraints which helped us focus.
Productive workplace with opportunities to advance
Player (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2015
Each team I was on involved the same schedule at work which included a fun work environment with three meals served each day. I learned how to deal with professional people of all aspects of life. Management was very organized in hjow they went about things. The hardest part of the job was how quickly you could be terminated.
Pros
three meals a day and provided attire for on the job
Cons
the toll on your body and the weak job security
You have to like football or....
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2015
You will be very bored. The people that work here are not very friendly, they are afraid that someone might steal their job so they are very insecure. What I found ironic was that they do not promote teamwork within the organization or family. It's the shield first and foremost and everything else second.

You would think with all of the sponsors that little things like soda in the kitchen or a snack would be there for mid day doldrums but not the case. I've worked at places that pay for it themselves but at the NFL office your lucky they have a water cooler. It was such a weird office where so may people were piled next to each other and nobody ever talked to anybody. You said hello in the morning and goodbye at night because the person across or next to you wasn't in the department you were in. I was able to deal with all of that because I enjoyed the perks they had.

I also found odd was that a full time NFL employee has to pay for tickets to a local game but goes to the Super Bowl for free if he or she works 16 hour days for three weeks prior to the game. It was basically a place where no one looked after anybody but themselves.
Pros
Super Bowl
Cons
Awful people
Fun place to work with huge potential
Player (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 26, 2014
The NFL is a fun work place with many opportunities that emanate once you leave.
Pros
good benefits, great food, constant health and wellness, great pay
Cons
high possibility of it ending unexpectedly
Excellent work environment
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Browns, TNJune 13, 2015
It was my dream to be a professional football player. I loved the experience as it enhanced my skills physically and intellectually. I had way above average income which was well earned. I's eternally grateful for the once in a lifetime opportunity.
Pros
Fun
Cons
job security
Amazing Management and Work Place
Media Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 12, 2014
I loved my time with the NFL Network; however, being a seasonal position made it difficult to have job security and did not offer benefits.
An educational environment that enabled me to learn as much as I wanted.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix ArizonaApril 5, 2015
Worked in different locations around the city and suburbs. Worked with some of the most knowledgeable personnel in different aspects of computer installation and checkout. Also communications experts that were on top of their game from the time they walked into the office until quitting time. Quitting time varied and became later as the Super Bowl drew nearer. It was enjoyable and educational to work the Super Bowl with these technicians and watch true professionals at their finest.
My co-workers were a very dedicated group and will make good computer science majors when they graduate.
The hardest part of the job was to not get there too much before the rest of the group showed up for work and to leave and go home at the end of the day knowing that the work was not finished but had to wait until the next day.
Pros
Met some wonderful people
Cons
The contract wasn't for a lot longer.
NFL Football Player
Football Player (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 12, 2014
I was a wide receiver for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League for 3 years, 1998-2000.
Pros
salary
Cons
job security
Productive and fun work place, with game room and huddle room
Quality Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2015
Love tempting at the NFL, able to meet players and prepare merch for fans. love designer the huddle room for year champions. reviewing artwork and colors for approval gives a different look of work everyday.
Amazing experience coordinating children's activities.
NFL Experience Teammate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2015
The majority of my time spent at Super Bowl XLIX consisted of supervising children's games such as throwing for distance or a punt, pass, and kick competition. As the games or events I managed for the NFL changed from day to day I realized that same components of organization, leadership, and collaboration are essential to success. All the managers I encountered for the NFL were helpful and enthusiastic. The majority of my coworkers shared my passion for the game of helpful and were energetic when working with children. The most difficult task I encountered was shuttling people through an event that displayed every Super Bowl ring. People were upset when I became assertive and stated that pictures can not be taken with every ring. The favorite part of my Super Bowl Experience would be enjoying the environment, passion for competition by kids, and learning more about the history of the NFL.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Coworkers, Organization of Super Bowl Experience.
Enjoyed while it lasted
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2015
Work days were great 3 and half hours at work and get paid min. of 18k per week. Any persons dream but its a very cut throat industry. Be smart with your decisions or you wont have anything when its all over. the hardest part of the job is whether or not you will wake up with a job the next day.
Pros
The Entourage, Living a Lavish Life
Cons
Can be cut short at anytime
Don't go there!
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2014
Yes, it is very cool to tell your friends that you work at the NFL but I promise you that it's downhill from there. The Management is oblivious and the culture is horrendous. For a great sport built on teamwork, working at the NFL is anything but. People are so territorial. Very little chance for advancement once you get there, they like to hire people from the outside and give them fancy titles.
Pros
saying you work there
Cons
culture, senior management
fun to work
Various leadership roles, team captain (Former Employee) –  tampa bayJune 10, 2013
great benefits co workers were execellent it was an overall great environment

4.5