National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) is a diversified energy company with its headquarters in Williamsville, New York. National Fuel Gas Supply Corporation, the Pipeline and Storage segment of National Fuel Gas Company, is currently seeking an Automation and Controls Engineer for an outstanding career opportunity. We offer the flexibility for the Automation and Controls Engineer to work out of either our Williamsville, NY or Erie, PA offices. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded.
National Fuel is looking for a skilled and highly motivated Automation and Controls Engineer to serve as an integral member of a team that is responsible for ensuring the safety and integrity of our natural gas pipeline system. This team is actively involved in transmission pipeline expansion initiatives as well as with facility maintenance and upgrade projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following functions within their assigned geographic territory:
- Project management and technical guidance for the design and implementation of projects associated with pipeline, measurement, process, and compression activities
- Participate in project scoping and design reviews as well as provide technical assistance during construction and commissioning activities. Interact extensively with various departments, vendors, engineering firms, and construction companies.
- Design, support, and evaluate automation and control systems to ensure efficient and safe facility and pipeline operations. Participate in start-up and commissioning as well as resolution of open issues
- Provide direct support and guidance for programmable logic controllers (PLC), distributed process control systems (DCS), human machine interfaces (HMI), and associated instrumentation
- Participate in the development of process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s), electrical and automation drawings
- Project scopes, bid specifications, cost estimates, project design, material procurement, drawing review, project inspection and processing of job completion requirements for electrical and automation related projects
- Design and installation of telemetering systems for integration into the SCADA system
- Supervision of electricians/field technicians on new installations and in equipment troubleshooting
This position requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology. Prior experience in Controls and Automation Engineering is required. Experience in PLC programming and HMI based control systems as well as data communication and network systems is required. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, proven technical abilities and strong computer skills. The ability to successfully work independently as well as within a team environment is required. Exceptional time management and multi-tasking abilities are essential to success in this position. Prior supervisory and project management experience are preferred. While this position will require extensive day travel to company facilities and project sites throughout Western NY and Northwest/Central PA, overnight travel requirements will be limited.
National Fuel offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. A valid driver's license along with a clean driving record is required. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter and academic transcripts by December 13, 2013 to:
6363 Main Street
Williamsville, NY 14221
NATIONAL FUEL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) is a multi-billion dollar diversified energy company with corporate headquarters in Williamsville...