National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) is a diversified energy company with its headquarters in Williamsville, New York. National Fuel Gas Supply Corporation, the Pipeline and Storage segment of National Fuel Gas Company, is currently seeking Electrical Engineering Field Supervisors for outstanding career opportunities in our Western NY and Northwestern PA service territories. As members of the National Fuel team, candidates will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is rewarded.
National Fuel is looking for skilled and highly motivated Electrical Engineering Field Supervisors to serve as integral members of a team that is responsible for ensuring the safety and integrity of our natural gas pipeline system. This team is actively involved in transmission pipeline expansion initiatives as well as with facility maintenance and upgrade projects. The successful candidates will be responsible for the following functions within their assigned geographic territory:
- Interpretation of engineering designs to field installation initiatives to ensure integrity and constructability of designs
- Problem resolution/troubleshooting of escalated electrical and control systems issues.
- Supervision of electricians, technicians, and electrical inspectors on new installations and maintenance projects
- Project and contractor coordination for electrical system installations and upgrades
- Field assessments for electrical, automation and controls work requirements
- Training of electronic technicians
- Coordination with field operations for auditing electrical facilities for compliance with safety, regulatory requirements, and NEC (National Electrical Code)
- Work with multiple departments in the organization to maintain and improve the reliability of company facilities
This position requires a minimum of an Associate’s degree in a technical field. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred and concentrations in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology are desirable. Prior experience in Controls and Automation Engineering is required with exceptional demonstrated technical aptitude in electrical troubleshooting with systems such as PLC’s, HMI’s, VFD’s, and various communication methodologies. Computer skills for diagnostics and installations are required as well as standard office software. Candidate should have strong oral and written communication skills. Exceptional time management and multi-tasking abilities are essential to success in this position. The ability to coordinate priorities between design teams and operational groups is required. Prior supervisory and project management experience are preferred. This position requires extensive day travel to company facilities and project sites throughout Western NY and Northwest/Central PA, along with some overnight travel.
National Fuel offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. A valid driver's license along with a clean driving record is required. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter and academic transcripts by December 13, 2013 to:
6363 Main Street
Williamsville, NY 14221
NATIONAL FUEL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V